What's new

India Asked Lanka to Stop Colombo Port City Project

Port city is a commercial project you moron. :crazy:

Why would Chinese build a naval base in the downtown?
SK-CHEC-CPC-Stability-during-monson-CRT1.jpg

The truth is even if a Chinese or American tourist goes to toilet in Sri Lanka, it's a threat to India.

Its not just India though, even though i must confess India is obsessed with everything China does, which is normal since China is far bigger and more powerful. However, Pakistan is also even more obsessed/paranoid about India, as anything India does is a threat to Pakistan, just like evrything/investment China does in the region is a threat to India.:lol: Funny thing is having being to China i can attest to this myself, India doesnt even appear as a threat in China's main calculations/plans nor even in their media analysis(bar when there is major issue/breaking news.lol).

Just look at Chinas recent white paper, only the U.S and Japan are mentioned extensively as potential threats/rivals, and to a lesser extent even Vietnam and PHILIPPINES ARE MENTIOINED AS LITTLE BILLIGERNT ACTORS BACKED BY BIG POWERS LIKE U.S/Japan. India is almost nowhere to be seen. Which is strange.
However , on the contrary, China always figures in all India's defence plans/threats. Seems India wants/craves for Japans position as China main Rival.:sarcastic: Its for this reason as i said earlier, that im more optimistic to see China solving its disputes with India one day in future, than China ever doing so with Japan. Since with Japan it's something more personal(from a historic perspective, and also the fact that Japan is technologically still the most advanced country in Asia and by far the most productive/developed).:angry: :sarcastic::enjoy:

South Asia will remain a backward region for a long time to come because of this mentality of always mixing business with politics and being paranoid about every of their so called 'rivals' move. No wonder the region is so poor/backward. I have said it several times, until they change their mentality i dont see their situation changing that much(well not to their true potential). They indeed have alot to learn from their far more advanced East Asian counterparts.

Will be intersting to see how situation developed with time among sian countries. :thank_you2:

Last edited:
Its not just India though, even though i must confess India is obsessed with everything China does, which is normal since China is far bigger and more powerful. However, Pakistan is also even more obsessed/paranoid about India, as anything India does is a threat to Pakistan, just like evrything/investment China does in the region is a threat to India.:lol: Funny thing is having being to China i can attest to this myself, India doesnt even appear as a threat in China's main calculations/plans nor even in their media analysis(bar when there is major issue/breaking news.lol).

Just look at Chinas recent white paper, only the U.S and Japan are mentioned extensively as potential threats/rivals, and to a lesser extent even Vietnam and PHILIPPINES ARE MENTIOINED AS LITTLE BILLIGERNT ACTORS BACKED BY BIG POWERS LIKE U.S/Japan. India is almost nowhere to be seen. Which is strange.
However , on the contrary, China always figures in all India's defence plans/threats. Seems India wants/craves for Japans position as China main Rival.:sarcastic: Its for this reason as i said earlier, that im more optimistic to see China solving its disputes with India one day in future, than China ever doing so with Japan. Since with Japan is something more personal.:angry: :sarcastic::enjoy:

South Asia will remain a backward region for a long time to come because of this mentality of always mixing business with politics and being paranoid about every of their so called 'rivals' move. No wonder the region is so poor/backward. I have said it several times, until they change their mentality i dont see their situation changing that much(well not to their true potential). They indeed have alot to learn from their far more adavanced East Asian counterparts.

Will be intersting to see how situation developed with time among sian countries. :thank_you2:
haha of course. China treats India as an insect on the floor, as something completely irrelevant to it. I used to watch CCTV sometimes and it almost never mentions India, when it mentions India, it's for some cultural ceremony or something related to tourism. China sees Japan as the biggest threat to its dominance in Asia. It's understandable why they don't care about India considering India is nowhere closer to China in terms of military or economy but on the contrary, Japan is a first world regional power with the most technologically advanced military in Asia. I don't understand this India's obsession with China when it can benefit by cooperating with China. It's as if India's policymakers living in another universe or they benefit by spreading mass hysteria. But Chinese officials on the other hand don't seem to be very hostile towards India. Even in the submarine incident, the Chinese targeted Japanese not Indians but it was the Indians who were jumping up and down over it.

This is just one problem. There is so much wrong with South Asia and sadly it will stay in the same position for a very long time.

haha of course. China treats India as an insect on the floor, as something completely irrelevant to it. I used to watch CCTV sometimes and it almost never mentions India, when it mentions India, it's for some cultural ceremony or something related to tourism. China sees Japan as the biggest threat to its dominance in Asia. It's understandable why they don't care about India considering India is nowhere closer to China in terms of military or economy but on the contrary, Japan is a first world regional power with the most technologically advanced military in Asia. I don't understand this India's obsession with China when it can benefit by cooperating with China. It's as if India's policymakers living in another universe or they benefit by spreading mass hysteria. But Chinese officials on the other hand don't seem to be very hostile towards India. Even in the submarine incident, the Chinese targeted Japanese not Indians but it was the Indians who were jumping up and down over it.

This is just one problem. There is so much wrong with South Asia and sadly it will stay in the same position for a very long time.

Well you cant blame India that much as well. They lost the only real war they ever fought with China(which left a huge scar on India political establishment and people) after living peacefully for thousands of years. Unfortunately for both country, this war was fairly recent, had it occured in say 1700s-1800s, then India would have long forgotten/moved on about this issue, and both countries ould have been close friends or even allies like they were in the past. So you cant blame just india , since many countries who were defeated in war by their more powerful neighbours still harbour deep resentment towards that neighbour, like pakistan towards India, Poland towards Russia, Greece towards Germany, Armenia towards Turkey etc etc. This is even more so when that country who invaded/fought a war with you happens to be your neighbour e.g see Chinas resentment towards Japan. Even though Indiaand Pakistan take it too far when they mix it with business/investments.

In this field, i think China being the bigger power, ought to be the one to make the first move and try as much as possible to solve the border issue, just like it did with all its other land claimants countries it solved its dispute with from central asian countries to Russia, it did give some concession in the process. So i dont see why it cant do the same with India, both countries should indulge in a give and take method to solve this issue, as it will help set in motion lots of good things in the region.India being the bigger power should also take the initiative in dealing with Pakistan. Solving a dispute always requires the bigger power to be the one to make the first move/take the initiative.

You are right in some cases but most of the times Indian companies are not capable to undertake large projects yet. One of the biggest examples is Krrish project. An Indian company undertook the project which is probably beyond their capability but to this day, it hasn't even started working on it.

Ceylon Today | To pay or not to pay? That's the question for Krrish

But at the same time, India's ITC hotel is going well.

What you mean by 'most of the times indian companies are not capable to undertake large projects', buddy do you know what you are talking about ?

Do you know Larsen & Turbo(L&T)? Larsen & Toubro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Do you know GVK ? GVK (conglomerate) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Do you know Adani group? Adani Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Do you know Shobha developers ?
Sobha launches sale of 282 villas at $4 billion Sobha Hartland project in Dubai | The National
Do you know SP ? Shapoorji Pallonji Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If i am going to right it down then this page is not enough.Even they have huge projects worldwide successfully including in very rich countries? Buddy at least educate yourself.Your irk towards india is understandable.

Back
Top Bottom