What's new

India asked American tourists on 'conversion drive'to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be clear whether you are against bribe or against conversion or against conversion through making payment?
It is crystal clear, let me repeat it

money for conversion == bribe and hence == illegitimate....
conversion without bribe == legitimate

Dont you think that you are pretending that money can buy anything in india including the religious beliefs?
I am not pretending about anything... but for your benefit about whether money can buy anything or not ...
money can buy almost anything in this WORLD including SUICIDE BOMBERS... and I am sure you know this very well...

Be clear whether you are against bribe or against conversion or against conversion through making payment?
Dont you think that you are pretending that money can buy anything in india including the religious beliefs?

Aahhh, what wisdom and that too from a country composed entirely of converts. Aren't you just the right kind of people to preach us on the ethics of conversion?

Read the post again, i meant why JUST christians?

You misunderstood it is not JUST christians.... as I said law is same for tom, dick and harry.... irrespective of religion in secular countries...

well to be the ''devils advocate'' i dont think missionaries would be too well received and greeted with open arms in parts of Pakistan either.....though in the past they did certainly used to come to Pakistan as well

well to be the ''devils advocate'' i dont think missionaries would be too well received and greeted with open arms in parts of Pakistan either.....though in the past they did certainly used to come to Pakistan as well

The issue is not about the acceptance of missionaries in India... they are accepted very well unless they get involved in acts of forgery...

No one care about religion in India. You 1st understand this although very difficult for you to understand as you live in Pakistan. India is secular Country where even 99% are secular people. Still 1% ??? It's 12 Million and that 12 Million can do many many things beyond your imaginations. It's not possible to control 1.2 Billion people. No matter how i say, In India religious sentiments are very less compare with other countries.

You don't need to think about India specially when Hindus declined from 25% to 2.5% in Pakistan. In India, Muslims population increased more than Hindus. You don't have moral right to ask this question on very 1st place.

I don't know why people talk about Religion. 75+% Whole world will follow Atheism by 2100. :welcome:

No God - No Religion - No Fear - No Concern - Only Freedom --> It's great feeling what i heard from my friend who converted into Atheist :coffee:

I don't know why people talk about Religion. 75+% Whole world will follow Atheism by 2100. :welcome:

No God - No Religion - No Fear - No Concern - Only Freedom --> It's great feeling what i heard from my friend who converted into Atheist :coffee:

Well, atheism isn't really considered a religion so it's more accurate to say he became an atheist instead of saying he converted into an atheist.

:) 1. so if Christians are making lives of poor better than whats wrong in it.

2. if Hinduism is not a religion then why you have banned conversions and taking legal steps against free conversion by poor Hindus?

3. If you have poor sections in your society, who's fault it is?

1) You can ot use poorer section of the country for your material gains, do you know how much money is given to the indian cristian institutions for converting a family, its a wophing 1000$,
2) No religion wants to lose its strength to conversion, so is Hinduism.
2) poor are poor not because of religion, it is because of bad politions and wrong approch by the government on its economic policies.

a month back, I guess... some indian started a thread, saying that you can be a muslim/jew/christian while still being hindu.

so whats the fuss about it, they may convert to other religions and you may still think of them as hindus ? win win situation ? no ?:cheers:

How will a father think when his son is about to change his religion, will he not feel betrayed, when he knows that his son is about to break a tradition that has been passed on over generation to generation. You have to see the movie "NAMASTE LONDON" where the hero's friend(a muslim) will be demanded to convert forcefully to marry a cristian, and only the hero(a hindu) gives the wise advice to retain his faith.

Yes very peaceful..but if memory serves me correct didn't the Gujarat transpire because of Hindu extremists...so not so peaceful and flexible as you claim. But obviously that section of society doesn't represent ever one, but don't claim Hinduism is the only peaceful religion.

Please look that he has not said, what you mean, he said Hinduism is peaceful and did not compare any other religion.
and as far as Gujarath is concerned, take a deep look at what sparked the riot. when you kill one section by buring train then you get what you reap.

This is what i hate the most if a man wants to convert it is his wish but giving medicines to poor and saying jesus will cure you and if you wont convert you will get ill again this is how things are working these days

Jana, you are either dumb or deliberately against. Many Indians have already pointed out that missionaries are exploiting the poverty to their advantage. Thing to point out is poverty is not related to religion. Its not like they become instantly rich by converting. We tried to explain it. But to a two piece journalist like you things come to understanding hard.

To augument your text, in India, we consider Cristians as forward caste. Do these converst from SC or ST ready to loose their status by converting to Cristianity. If the answer is no, then i recommend to stick with their own orignal beliefe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom