What's new

India approves plan to develop Iran's Chabahar port

Lol dude, you have no f'n clue what you're talking about. Rabbani and the government of Afghanistan were part of what became the Northern Alliance, thats why they were recognized by the rest the World. Massoud was Afghanistan's Defense Minister before the N.A came into existence. He was part of Rabbani's government...

Im not going to talk about this with you anymore because you have no clue about what you're trying to talk about.

I am talking about the Afghan civil war which was between the period 1996-2001. That is when Pakistan supported the Taliban. You are talking about the Presidency of Rabbani which actually ended before the civil war began, he was president from 92-96 up until the rise of the Taliban. So you are the one who has dates messed up in your head. :sick:

If the Americans wanted Iran and Saudi Arabia to come to blows over Iraq and Syria, then they wouldnt be intervening right now to try and squash IS, with the help of both countries.

As for the 1990s, Pakistan effectively waged war on Afghanistan. I dont need to talk about this with you because this is well known all over the World. The only people in denial about what happened there and what is still happening are people from your country. Go and argue with an Afghan about that, i dont care what you think about it.
its not west who is trying to stop mullah states to shake hands and work together for the betterment of ME and all other muslim countries. and it is also well known all over the world that iran created and supported terrorists inside another country like Kurdish Democratic Party and Patriotic Union of Kurdistan same like another mullah state supported the other sides. so this well known all over the world theory does not apply on mullahs state or you just save it for pakistan. if you don't care then why are you moaning about Pakistan interference inside Afghanistan and what happened to afghan people in 90s. i am sure iranian gov does not have you point of view then why a pakistani would care about your personal filth against pakistan. :nana:. :coffee:

Last edited:
What this cartoon reveals is only the fantasy of Pakistanis and Indians to think that Iran will take sides in your disputes with each other. We dont see Indian and Pakistani as any different from each other and treat them both as the same thing. Your Indo-**** rivalries mean nothing to us, they are just the old legacy of British orientalism and divide and rule of poor, brown-skinned Indians made to divide their country and fight each other over religion when they have everything else in common. This was the last laugh that the British empire had on all of you. They dont respect you and you dont respect yourselves, that is why you still fight over imaginary boundaries, fabricated histories and other lies that they taught your gullible people.

Iran is never going to pick sides in such stupidity, so get over it. Iran does business with both countries and will continue to do whatever business with either side that is in our interests to do.
It would be a folly to assume that Indians think our relations with Pakistan or Iran are in any way related.
We trade with both Iran and Israel - both are our partners. And India understands the same is applicable for Iran.

As for the rest of your post - mildly racist - but irrelevant. India is growing and becoming economically prosperous - it is because as a nation the priorities are right.

Last edited:
Let us see this in the proper context. India had been steadfastly working on this plan for over a decade with mixed results. Largely it languished because of last Indian administration prioritising her ties with the West; while Iran option became less and less commercially doable with severe US sanctions. Iran was not amused when India pulled out of the gas pipeline deal and later reduced her oil dependence on the Islamic Republic. The new Indian administration has been sitting on the sidelines waiting for the power struggle in Kabul to pan out. Now that an unknown has trumped their 'expected' candidate, they are scrambling to catch up in the "Game". Their security official visited soon after this reinvigorated Chabahar plan was rolled out in Delhi. The other shoe will drop when & how the Iranians respond to this announcement. After all they have yet to officially sign on to this plan.

What does all this mean for Pakistan? First if India quickly takes this up with Iran it should inform Paks that President Ghani has blessed this project. Next what would Iran do? Iran may allow two berths to India but will not relinquish port operations to India. So at best it will be used to ship Iron Ore from Hajigak, Bamiyan. The Ore will be considerably cheaper if shipped overland via railroad through Pakistan- something to entice India with after you southies stop lobing mortars at each other! Nevertheless this should shake all Paks out of their buttermilk stupor and sit up and take some actions.

1. Stop talking up the "Silk Route-Energy Corridor" and make it happen, i.e. operationalize it.
2. Build that strategic connection with Tajikistan via Durrah Pass. This should be the next thing after the CASA agreement in terms of Pakistan's Central Asia thrust. Timing is everything. Tajikistan is entering a phase of uncertainty and would appreciate the effort. Once linked to Tajik infrastructure, Pakistan can access old soviet transport network to Kazakh, Turkmen, Azeri capitals. Trust me you will appreciate this decades later!
3.If Chabahar still bothers you then there is a hint in the symbolism of Old Man Zardari signing Gas deal in Chabahar port city. If you can appease the Iranian anxieties over the pipeline then you may have checkmated your adversary!

P.S. If you can come to an understanding with Ghani, then most of your problems will diminish. Xi, Ghani, Emomalii ...all of them are waiting for Paks to fold the circus tents in Islamabad and get to real work...

Oh! and that "This India-Iran vs Pakistan-China. Lets see who wins business" is incomprehensible. Just FYI a Chinese naval contingent just concluded visit to Iran. I think Pakistan should try harder to understand China and where it is going. My understanding of Chinese Mid-East policies tells me that China will never forsake a large, reliable oil producer like Iran to please anyone.

Ignoratio elenchi!
Nothing has happened all of a sudden.As far as this trilateral partenership is concerned then it was agreed upon in 2013 when congress was still in power.It was speculated that India hastened this because of China's decision to develop Gwadar port in Pakistan.
And this trilateral partnership would also help reduce land locked Afghan's dependence on Pakistan.
But I'm still wondering why would India develop a port which is so close to Pakistan??
This port Chabahar can be attacked easily by the enemies.

View attachment 137105
The only country that can really attack Iran(Chabhar) is USA....Iran can hold its own against everyone else..one on one...Now think again..an attack on Chabhar is also an attack on Indian interest...now why would USA do that?

Central Asian countries combined GDP is not more then $200 billion. India's trade with whole Central Asia is less then $1 billion. I don't need to say anything more lol
That is the reason ChaBhar is very important to India....Once the port is open for Business, India Inc and Iran Inc along with our brother Afghanistan Inc with milk it. I am sure China will also join in on the loot...Pakistan is also welcome to the party..after all what is use if you have not yet learned anything about how to be a Baniya ...learn to be prosperous and make money..this is Asia's Century, dont be left behind.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom