Some More
WarAirplane112.jpg

WarAirplane105.jpg

WarAirplane80.jpg

WarAirplane52.jpg

WarAirplane49.jpg

WarAirplane45.jpg

India to Purchase 10 C-17 Globe master-III Aircrafts

Indian+air+force+Boeing+C-17+Globe+master-III+heavy+lift+transport+aircraft+ready.jpg

India government has given go ahead to the Indian air force to sign contract for the purchase of 10 Boeing C-17 Globe master-III heavy lift transports. Indian air force has also indicated that it plans to exercise options the option for 6 additional Boeing C-17 Globe master-III heavy lift transports.

Cabinet Committee on Security has cleared this purchase worth $4.1-billion, making it the biggest Indian defense deal with the United States.

Click Here To Continue Reading

Why India needs C-17′s :-
Pratik Sawerdekar on June 6, 2011

Times of India reported on 26th April that the US congress was notified on sale of C-17 transport aircraft to India. This report was received by hostility by most Indians who are unsatisfied by the price being offered which according to the article is 5.8 billion $. There is also some sense of lack of confidence towards the American’s who have imposed sanctions on India in the past. However I feel that India needs the C-17 and it should be purchased.

Firstly its clearly mentioned in the article that the 5.8 billion $ price tag is the maximum possible price which America can earn, its not the price which is being negotiated. IAF is yet to put forward its requirements for spares and services which it will need.

American equipments also traditionally have been expensive to purchase but cheap to maintain. They also provide large amount of spares and support equipments along with the initial purchases deal, this practice is not followed by the Russians hence Russian products have low contract price. The spares and supplies are purchased later on in a separate contract which generally goes unnoticed in the media. According to my estimate the contract price should be around 3 to 3.2 billion $.

India needs the capability offered by the C-17 as it wants to be a Global superpower. The capability of carrying 77 tones for 4500 kms is unmatched by any other aircraft in the world. The C-17 can also take-off and land from rough airstrips. Its powerful engines with thrust reversors make sure that the C-17 takes-off and lands in shortest possible distance. These capabilities will come in very handy if and when India has to go on a expeditionary mission. The C-17 has also proved itself in Afghanistan where is regularly carries heavy equipments to areas where no other aircraft can go.

Some have pointed out that the C-130J could be used for troop insertion operations but they forget that the C-130J is meant for special operations, it will carry small number of soldiers and light equipment ideal for covert special-ops. Some also said that at the price of 5.8 billion $ India can buy 50 Il-76 aircrafts which are currently in service with the IAF. Now buying 50 Il-76′s is the worst decision the Ministry of Defense can take as the capabilities of the Il-76 are handicapped when compared with the C-17. The Il-76 can carry only half the amount of the payload and travels 900kms less. Plus the operational cost of the Il-76 should be more than that of the C-17 because this is typical to all the Russian aircrafts. IAF also can’t send two aircraft to do the job as it adds risk. The payload management capability in C-17 is much better than the Il-76 and also needs less crew.

The only problem with the C-17 is that its a American product so it will come with lot of restrictions. But I believe that India industry is now mature enough to keep the C-17′s flying if the American withdraw support. Second issue is the aerial refueling system of the C-17. Its uses the boom and receptacle configurations where as Indian Air Forces uses the probe and drogue configurations. IAF will lack the capability to refuel the C-17 mid-air which will be a big drawback. India should ask the Americans to change the refueling system on-board but looking at the number of units ordered by India this mostly won’t happen. However in my personal opinion the C-17 is a good buy.

On 6th July it was announced that India will by 10 C-17′s for $4.1 Billion.

I think I just jizzed.

It looks so awesome even when looking at a picture! Imagine in real life!! :lol:

I hope this deal is free from any kickbacks and no pro Russia, anti-Globalization/Imperialist/American goes to court against this deal.

Where is DBC ? She is everywhere in MMRCA thread trashing India for not buying US planes but when we buy something from US she is nowhere to be seen .:angry:

C-17 evaluation in Leh, India

ausafc17atlehforindiant.jpg

Sorry, I wasn't backing the C-17 deal so I can't really get excited about it.

you guys are lucky, you can buy whatever you want not like us

and now wait for the next big deal with Russia.. Cant share the details at this point.. But 4-6 weeks will put to rest all the Russia-Pak lovefest threads going on in the forum...

Eagerly waiting for MMRCA deal.....
i dunn noe why my heart is telling that the deal is going to splitted among 2 vendors....1 for air superiority, 1 for deep penetration ground attack...the budget is no more concern for MoD..after all from 2015 onwards PakFa is in pipeline...IAF needs Ef & RAFALE asap...

il 76

il76avie.jpg

c-17

WarAirplane8.jpg

both looks some what similiar.
both has 4 engine,tall tails etc.
in that case,according to the logic of some memebers of this forum,
c-17 is a copy of il-76!

and now wait for the next big deal with Russia.. Cant share the details at this point.. But 4-6 weeks will put to rest all the Russia-Pak lovefest threads going on in the forum...

do u know something we dont ...??:devil::devil:

look at this :eek:

what about the spares for this beauty? can they put sanctions on it in the future ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom