What's new

India approves C-17 purchase

Absolutely, Assume if it can transport 50 tanks in 3 hours with 50 planes.... Helps in realizing cold start.

Does it take 3 hours to transport tanks from rajasthan(many tanks are based in rajasthan) to the pakistan??? with a boeing C-17?

will definetely help our troop deployment, and can be used n cammando operation's as well. Goooooooood new's

no i do not belive that the c17 will replace the il76 but will be an addition to the transport fleet .

Does it take 3 hours to transport tanks from rajasthan(many tanks are based in rajasthan) to the pakistan??? with a boeing C-17?

No. I guess the flight doesnt even have a safe landing.
Anyways that nice for IAF, even though I feel they wont be needing it.

mini-facepalm.jpg

The western border of India that is Pakistan wont face too much difficulty in transport of Tanks as the roads there are vehicle friendly as well as the Desert is also used to move tanks.If at all c-17s will be used against PAK it will be for troop deployment.The main problem lies near the Chinese where because of the Terrain and weather road transport of tanks and howitzers is not negotiable.Therefore C-17s can easily deploy tanks as well as the M-777 howitzers to the LAC in very quick time.The C-17s if they operate from the ALGs in NE India.They will be useful to defend against a chinese invasion.

i think it wont land my friend,it will drop tanks in mid air...the tanks will have parachutes......haven't u seen A team where C-130J drops abraham tank mid air????

So C-17 won't have to land in pakistan :D

Watch the below video :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i think it wont land my friend,it will drop tanks in mid air...the tanks will have parachutes......haven't u seen A team where C-130J drops abraham tank mid air????

So C-17 won't have to land in pakistan :D

The tank is Abrams not Abraham:)

Do we need more than 10 c-17?

Definitely, we now have 15 x IL 76 in the IAF transport fleet and even today that is not enough to fulfill the rewquirements, it's not necessarily more payload that we need, or more range, but more aircrafts are crucial!

Absolutely, Assume if it can transport 50 tanks in 3 hours with 50 planes.... Helps in realizing cold start.

But we will never go for such high numbers and instead of carrying a single MBT, it would be more useful to buy new tank destroyers that are lighter, but with the same firepower like an MBT. Each C17 could carry 2, or even more (depending on class) which would give IA a credible force for fast deployment anywhere in or around India.

Where is DBC ? She is everywhere in MMRCA thread trashing India for not buying US planes but when we buy something from US she is nowhere to be seen .:angry:

Back
Top Bottom