What's new

India and NSG-News, Updates and Discussions.

Yes American did help you, no doubt you lot are the highest recipient of USAID anywhere in the world :)

BUT what I was referring to, the total Indian embrace of America and jumping into uncle sam lap, that process started in 90s. Before that, you lot had a ambiguous policy.

And yes exactly. What now?? ;)
lolzz you sound like hurt well im not surprised when you even after bieng part of CEATO and CENTO and a most important non NATO ally to be termed as a nations supporting and patronising terrorists and what not dont worry this NSG episode is just a minor blip a lot more coming for you now :tup:

@Rain Man @Nilgiri @Srinivas
Its is hilarious the OP is stating CISMOA and LSA was signed to get US support for NSG membership.
If we go by that logic, shouldn't CISMOA and LSA be payback for American success on India's NSG waiver?

The OP again like his nation's media completely has white-washed on the significance of NSG waiver or its threatening consequences to China. Guess CCP is an omnipotent entity which can never make mistakes and any thing thats seems to be mistake should be hushed up.

The Americans under Bush had good foresight and anticipated these hurdles to India's NSG membership.Hence schemed the NSG waiver as a bait, which the omnipotent CCP leadership of China was gullible enough to bite.
It still remains a mystery how China got forced by USA to compromise its own nation's security.The same USA the OP keeps boasting about how China forced them on the longest retreat in Korean war. :D

As I have stated earlier. China's attempt to block our membership is damage control for the NSG waiver blunder.
For sometime in future in order nullify India's NSG waiver and update NSG charter China would need the entire group's consensus, which however is going be a Herculean task given 41 of 48 members support India.
China is free to hold its breath until that happens.;)

What is interesting to note here is despite PRC's much touted global power and influence, not a single NSG member rejected India's application in order to appease the Chinese stance. The 6 other nations creating hurdles were doing it for their own reasons.

On whole I think it was blunder to jump for NSG membership without addressing each of the naysayers separately.

China can addressed once we attain MTCR membership and trade their MTCR membership for our NSG membership.

Except Turkey, rest of the other 5 nations improving trade relations may help.

Its only Turkey under Edrogan that seems to be a wild card and prove most difficult to win over, as currently we seem to have nothing to offer them.

Last edited:
Guess who will be the bigger loser in a scenario greatly favouring Chinese businesses.

And we will get every seat we want in the world eventually, China can cause us some inconveniences, and will suffer the consequences.

:pop::laugh:

Nobody "forces" other countries/people to trade. They trade because it benefits them.

If a businessman thinks that a particular trade is a bad deal, he will find someone else to trade with instantly. The world is FULL of trade deals, the second a better deal comes along they will switch to it instantly.

Indian businessmen don't buy from China because they like China, Indian consumers don't buy made in China because they like China, the Indian government doesn't order Chinese trains/railways because they like China.

They do it because they think it's the best deal for THEM. They aren't helping us, they are helping themselves.

If you want to hurt yourselves in order to hurt us as well, then please be my guest. We will of course have to retaliate in kind. Both sides will be able to bear the losses without much pain I would wager. So go for it. :enjoy:

There is something called a "Government" that can decide what kinds of imports are to be allowed, the taxes and duties, etc. Since a good friend of mine @Nilgiri has already explained it quite eloquently, I won't repeat the task, you can check these two posts below:

Purely end use consumption products can be tarrifed under dumping norms till they effecitvely become a quota. Then let the case China puts in WTO drag on for however long giving a window for indian and other countries suppliers to fill it in the meantime.

Intermediates can be analysed as to their benefit for further labour processing within India and tariffed accordingly.

No free rides given to Chinese suppliers. They will be discriminated and treated prejudicially by Indian govt.

Explain how it will hurt India? We have already taken action against Chinese steel dumping....and thats an intermediate good.

Finished goods are the really soft target. Our consumers can take a little hit on the price increase if needed, esp if it means helping domestic and non-chinese industry.

What are we importing from China that is absolutely critical? Energy? Nope. Transport? Nope. Education? Nope. Health? Nope.....Imports of finished goods are price elastic...so are the machinery and capital goods, plenty of suppliers for those...even domestic ones. A little closing off from China can be a good thing for India from that stand point alone.

The only thing that needs caution are intermediate goods that are inputs for Indian manufacturing jobs. Other than that, pretty punitive action can be taken. Indian exports to China are not that significant if they resort to a trade war. CAD will improve overall.

Sir, have you thought why China has a huge trade surplus against India? Indians want Chinese products but other than natural resources and agriculture products, India does not have things Chinese want.

You need to gain more knowledge in this. Thanks..:)

lolzz you sound like hurt well im not surprised when you even after bieng part of CEATO and CENTO and a most important non NATO ally to be termed as a nations supporting and patronising terrorists and what not dont worry this NSG episode is just a minor blip a lot more coming for you now :tup:

Me hurt?? LOL, I am enjoying this Indian humiliation to the max, rest assured! and if there is a lot more to come, and I rather fasten my seat belt . ;)

For the yanks, they can honk all they want, we care less. We just gave the Russian company pipeline project , a company which is under sanction by US.

Indian media Is far more credible than Pakistan media.
India is ranked 133 in press freedom index whereas Pakistan is a huge 14 ranks behind at 147.
BTW the statement of PM Modi thanking Russia for support at NSG is issued by the Ministry of External Affairs itself

NOT much difference in rating of your and mine media.......Lot of factors involve in giving rating process. Report said :

“The Pakistani media are nonetheless regarded as among the freest in Asia when it comes to covering the squabbling among politicians,” the report added.

Our
rating may have down due to killing of some journalists......

CONGRATULATIONS!!! If Russia had supported u..........

There is something called a "Government" that can decide what kinds of imports are to be allowed, the taxes and duties, etc. Since a good friend of mine @Nilgiri has already explained it quite eloquently, I won't repeat the task, you can check these two posts below:

You need to gain more knowledge in this. Thanks..:)

I think you are confused. :lol:

He is talking about tariffs. Do you know what happens when you raise tariffs against a certain country? They raise tariffs in return. Trade war 101.

Why do you think there is so much barking about the Indian trade deficit to China... yet the trade deficit keeps growing year after year?

But again, I'd love for you guys to finally, for once... put your money where your mouth is. Start a Trade war, we didn't build up several trillions in currency reserves just to lose a Trade war. :azn:

That shows that the world is changing and USA is not as powerful as it was at some point in time and world is realising the influence of the next superpower China.
The group decided that it would deal with non-NPT states with an even hand, the source added.
This also tells that principles stand taller than vested interests
The countries that opposed India’s application included China, Russia, Brazil, Austria, New Zealand, Ireland and Turkey. To India’s shock, some of the countries that had initially pledged support for its candidature did not do so at the meeting.
I guess mourning session will soon commence in New Delhi :rofl:

I think you are confused. :lol:

He is talking about tariffs. Do you know what happens when you raise tariffs against a certain country? They raise tariffs in return. Trade war 101.

Why do you think there is so much barking about the Indian trade deficit to China... yet the trade deficit keeps growing year after year?

But again, I'd love for you guys to finally, for once... put your money where your mouth is. Start a Trade war, we didn't build up several trillions in currency reserves just to lose a Trade war. :azn:
I'm just wondering, if they start a trade war and stop importing electronic components, how will they assemble their make-in-india phones?

I'm not saying China shoould't use Veto but this is really a very high political price to pay. The stature of china has diminished. If it was a process that had even 4/5 vote for approval they'd have egg on their face.

Hmmm. I dont really see how China paid any price in this game ? Sure the Western block supported the US stance not necessarily India.. You would agree with me if you're indeed aware of how global realpolitik works.. So it was a case of US vs China, India's NSG bid was just the pawn i'm afraid

You see mate, China really did'nt have to make an effort, they were very clear in their stance from the beginning, And they have the veto.. Sign the NPT , We wont oppose, It's the US at the behest of India that tried to circumvent the protocol, Which failed, You may find smaller nations such as Switzerland opposed the bid from the reports coming in

UK, France, Japan etc didnt vote against China they voted with the US, They usually do, Almost everytime

Btw if Kerry really wanted to make this happen he could have, Just saying

That shows that the world is changing and USA is not as powerful as it was at some point in time and world is realising the influence of the next superpower China.

This also tells that principles stand taller than vested interests

I guess mourning session will soon commence in New Delhi :rofl:
If they were that strong, UK would not be one of the founding members of China-led investment bank.

Hmmm. I dont really see how China paid any price in this game ? Sure the Western block supported the US stance not necessarily India.. You would agree with me if you're indeed aware of how global realpolitik works.. So it was a case of US vs China, India's NSG bid was just the pawn i'm afraid

You see mate, China really did'nt have to make an effort, they were very clear in their stance from the beginning, And they have the veto.. Sign the NPT , We wont oppose, It's the US at the behest of India that tried to circumvent the protocol, Which failed, You may find smaller nations such as Switzerland opposed the bid from the reports coming in

Btw if Kerry really wanted to make this happen he could have, Just saying
Ultimately a China-US deal.

Its a bit strange that Indian media is targeting only China giving expression that only China is against Indian NSG membership...!

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ndia-nsg-bid-meet-seoul-live-updates-2871865/
Brazil, Austria, New Zealand, Ireland and Turkey have opposed India's NSG bid citing its non-NPT status.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rt-to-Indias-NSG-bid/articleshow/52897139.cms
Switzerland takes U-turn on its support to India's NSG bid
Because they are thinking that all of these countries opposed India under pressure from China...that simply means they are tacitly acknowledging the superpower status of China. Or perhaps they do not want to admit their total defeat since this cripples their future chances also since they have been singing the mantra that it is only China that's opposing while everyone else is supporting them. I think they are in shock after building so much hype..it is hurting their butts reall bad.

So the plot goes like this Miyan sb to Xi don't let india in----Xi no problem amigo----Xi to putin don't support India------Putin what about ma indian checks of lacs n crores ----Xi ok then I cancel all Su35 and other goodies----Putin oh come on Xi give me a break -----ok I got a plan you veto India I'll pat em wink wink :D they are not getting in anyway :lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom