What's new

India and NSG-News, Updates and Discussions.

I have no problem with any country at all. Why would I?

Just surprised at how they thought America was so powerful that they could even overwrite veto power. Despite common sense telling them otherwise. :P

You can keep vetoing India, and keep propping up Pakistan. It will for sure bring positive development in Indo-china relations.

The rest of the world have taken note of China's Achilles heel. Will be fun to watch geopolitical progress and how CCP copes with it

I won't call it a huge diplomatic defeat for the govt given that they managed to convince at least 90% of the member states and soften others like China. But it is definitely a setback, a reminder for fanboys (although I doubt they'd understand) that diplomacy is way more complex than chest-thumping. I liked the Manmohan Singh approach better, managed to quietly get a unanimous NSG waiver without scoring points in the media.

Agreed on most points except i consider this a diplomatic defeat for the Indian establishment, Especially given the enormous effort that was put both by the diplomat's but personally the PM himself, He personally campaigned for this, And was even ready to concede to the admittance of Pakistan concurrently.. So you can see the importance the GOI put in to this

I think Indian media and analysts should reign in a little bit on the rhetoric, They give the general public unrealistic expectations, As you said diplomacy is indeed complex, Something most posters here have little idea of

You can keep vetoing India, and keep propping up Pakistan. It will for sure bring positive development in Indo-china relations.

That's the whole point of my OP. It's not like China and India were friends to start with, only when India wanted something from us (NSG/UNSC seats).

And sure, if you want something you can have it. But since we are not friends, don't expect it for free.

(Edited my previous post after your complaint, btw.)

@Rain Man how goes the preparations for cutting off trade ties with China? :police:

Last edited:
@Imran Khan @ZAC1 @Irfan Baloch @BetterPakistan @Taimoor Khan @HAIDER @PaklovesTurkiye

The News regarding Russia blocking Turkey are completely false:<br>
<br>
Just 30 minutes back PM Modi thanked Putin himself for supporting India at NSG.<br>
<br>

Good decision to not include India because I feel non NPT signatories shouldn't be allowed to become member.

Even the puny nations of central asia and souther america went against china, let alone the super power russia, which is ally of india to begin with.

Goes to show the mental condition of pakistani media and its followers when russia alone is the bigget benefactor of NSG waiver and is the only country who is in the advanced stage of completing the nuclear plant in kundankulam, tamil nadu, ahed of french, americans etc, and then they will vote against india ? Even a newbie will torpadoe such a reporting. Very poor.

I can understand what you are suffering from. My condolences are with you.

Russia isn't the superpower and it can't become superpower ever. Russian economy is shrinking nowadays and how can you make it a superpower? Multiple countries opposed indian inclusion :D

That's the whole point of my OP. It's not like China and India were friends to start with, only when India wanted something from us (NSG/UNSC seats).

And sure, if you want something you can have it. But since we are not friends, don't expect it for free.

@Rain Man how goes the preparations for cutting off trade ties with China? :police:
Lol. India wanted something from you? Please stop gratifying yourself.
If anything, the rest of the world just noticed your fear of a rising India. Please, by all means, stay in denial.

Lol. India wanted something from you? Please stop gratifying yourself.
If anything, the rest of the world just noticed your fear of a rising India. Please, by all means, stay in denial.

As i speculated before , Russia will not go against China..........Russia opposition biggest blow for India and big surprise .

Lol!

Agreed on most points except i consider this a diplomatic defeat for the Indian establishment, Especially given the enormous effort that was put both by the diplomat's but personally the PM himself, He personally campaigned for this, And was even ready to concede to the admittance of Pakistan concurrently.. So you can see the importance the GOI put in to this

I think Indian media and analysts should reign in a little bit on the rhetoric, They give the general public unrealistic expectations, As you said diplomacy is indeed complex, Something most posters here have little idea of

You think Indian establishment did not know china's opposition? They decided to make one coordinated effort. They'll be back again. Like I said UNSC is a 15 year project and there will be several reverses along the way.

Good decision to not include India because I feel non NPT signatories shouldn't be allowed to become member.

I can understand what you are suffering from. My condolences are with you.

Russia isn't the superpower and it can't become superpower ever. Russian economy is shrinking nowadays and how can you make it a superpower? Multiple countries opposed indian inclusion :D

I dont think russia needs any certificates from you, about its power status.
There military clout speaks for itself.

I dont think russia needs any certificates from you, about its power status.
There military clout speaks for itself.

:D military clout don't make any nation superpower. Better enhance your knowledge instead of trolling

Rather china and pakistan was put in its place. lol
How you wish it was other way around.

Educate yourself, it was Pakistan "goodwill" back in 2008 by Zardari "regime" which allowed you the wavier. Its a fact, you can think otherwise all you like. lol

Rather its a win for USA as expected, they have exposed china naked in front of india . Further i will let time unfold the rest of the story, coz interesting sets of events are to be followed which will impact the bilateral relations of india an china.
And pakistan ,well they were once again shown their place when their application was not even considered for discussion, what a embarrassment.

HAHAHA. Exposed China? Hear me loud and clear, no one gives flying F to China getting exposed. You will crawl back to them for their products and markets. Your PM will be begging them for favours ,rolling red carpts for them and they will keep on humilating you sending their soldiers on your controlled territory. Do you Indians have no shame?

As I said, we dont give monkies to NSG, we are getting whatever we want with or without NSG. Our application was there as a last resort to cover all eventualities to put American design in check. You can tell how serious we were for NSG that we just applied like a month ago where India has been doing all the donkey work for years only to be humilated like a begger on the door which slammed on its face. Enjoy!!

That is pakistani media reporting, meant to be taken with bucket of salt.
Russia is taking the benefit of waiver and on the way to complete their plant in tamil nadu. Only stupid will believe that russia voted against their own interest and invesments.

Your hyper active nationalistic media, the likes of Arnab Goswame and his ilk are in the state of shock at the moment, they will come to their sense pretty soon. They are still reporting that only China was opposing India and rest of 47 were supporting India with smile on their face. ROFL.

SPOILERS, Exactly !.
Well, thanks for admission, that is all you have achieved and your relevance is after so many years of independence. Spoiler for india, otherwise no one would take you seriously.

Ofcourse, why not. We consider you as our main adversary and weak India is in the benefit of Pakistan infact our national security is more secure with subdued India. You lot however had your honeymoon period after 9/11 when governments in Pakistan that followed kept a mild and friendly attitude towards you but times have changed now. This new Pakistani establishment is no mood to let you off the hook. Brace yourself for further tighten of noose.

We already got MCTR, we got NSG waiver, we are banging UN doors, will get NSG in future eventually.
You can only keep waiting for india to consult pakistan on anything, like you did in 2008. lol

MCTR was the pre-requsite for NSG and now no show on NSG means nadda. I am not sure what it will give you by signing on MCTR. Its a missile export control regime. It doesnt change any equation as far as Pakistan is concerned. And yea keep on banging your head against UN as well, those who put you out of your misery in NSG will be there as well with VETO powers. And for the NSG waiver, the following read from your own sources is of great insight:

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lea...with-the-nsg/article8765312.ece?homepage=true

"One of these changes, though, made a crucial difference to our waiver, which “provided that transfers of sensitive exports remain subject to paragraphs 6 and 7 of Guidelines”. In 2011, before the other amendments were adopted, Paragraph 6 was revised to prohibit trade in enrichment and reprocessing with any country that has not signed the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), which means that no NSG member can cooperate in these areas with India. Exactly as the NSG was set up to target India after its 1974 test, this amendment was introduced by NPT evangelists to target India after the 2008 waiver, which they could not thwart. We seem to have accepted this as a fait accompli."

:pop:

I won't call it a huge diplomatic defeat for the govt given that they managed to convince at least 90% of the member states and soften others like China. But it is definitely a setback, a reminder for fanboys (although I doubt they'd understand) that diplomacy is way more complex than chest-thumping. I liked the Manmohan Singh approach better, managed to quietly get a unanimous NSG waiver without scoring points in the media.

I think you are missing the forest for the woods. How many even thought that we will walk away with the NSG membership today itself? But we have gone a great deal ahead...Chinese fanboys don't understand that China cannot block our entry indefinitely just because all members' consent is required, it's too complex for China also.

its all about mutual trade and economic benefits more than anything else as niether the russian nor the chinese will ever let western european nations or there industries get benfits and will always try to harm them hence all western nations including UK and even turkey cannot leave USA

but even if you leave it out tell me whats your most important exports and to which nations can you let it go just like that :azn:

UK has already left Euro despite Obama begging them not to. Who knows, but the future of EU itself is in smoke at the moment. States are only looking after their own interests these days. The blind following of yanks is slowly and gradually becoming questionable. You Indians in your honeymoon with Uncle Sam are overestimating yanks. Times have changed.

Our exports to certain nations doesnt stop us to do what we need to do for our national interests. The congressmen keep on bitching about Pakistan yet we give them two finger salute, and yet that is not effecting our exports does it?

Thing is, we mint yanks when they were at their prime, you lot joined as a after thought on this American bandwagon, and as a matter or pure luck or shall I say brilliant foresight, we build strong strategic partnership with Chinese at the time when they were discarded by rest of the world as drug addicts, and now they are the movers and shakers in world affairs. So yea we are doing pretty ok.

Question is, putting all your eggs in the sun which setting on the horizon, going forward, would we take it as masterstroke or planing stupidity? :)

Today of all days, for some reason, I am thinking about Late Gen Hameed Gul and his words.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom