What's new

India again asks Pakistan for consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav.

Forget Vienna convention, China is big brother and international conventions can go take a walk.

I think spies transformation must be made essential after gathering all the info by both sides what if others side gets access to your future spy agent. There has to be some way back for solider

it's sad and unfortunate bcos a solider will die in enemy prison without getting glimpse of his family or country he's only doing his fundamental duties...it could be done by negotiation between the two countries civil and army members maybe under the radar of public same happened between soviets and USA and Germany...why can't it happen between Pak and India history speaks that the spy games between ISI and Raw doesn't seems to end anytime soon

I think spies transformation must be made essential after gathering all the info by both sides what if others side gets access to your future spy agent. There has to be some way back for solider

it's sad and unfortunate bcos a solider will die in enemy prison without getting glimpse of his family or country he's only doing his fundamental duties...it could be done by negotiation between the two countries civil and army members maybe under the radar of public same happened between soviets and USA and Germany...why can't it happen between Pak and India history speaks that the spy games between ISI and Raw doesn't seems to end anytime soon

If he is proved to be a spy than agreed,But I doubt most of the cold war swaps were ever confirmed as spys.

My heart goes out to all the poor fisherman who are jailed on both sides. poor people trying to make a living. Maybe a no go zone would make sense, both will benefit from fish stocks recovering.

All of it Actually !! Well if you might be interested to look at Vienna Convention you might notice such a provision exists and being a signatory to it, though art not to be violated.

Unfortunately you have not read the Geneva convention properly as there is no compassion for Spies and treason against the state. Spying and treason are punishable by death in most of the constitutions in countries around the world.

The video of his confession didn't look like he was being forced to tell stories. He looked calm and willing to inform of his and RAWs entire plans. Just an ordinary Naval intelligence officer taking a vacation trip in the dusty baron land of Balochestan. Happens every day!

Of course all citizens are given consular access. India even offered consular access for Kasab which Pakistan shamelessly refused. Just because Pakistan doesn't care for its own citizens, doesn't mean India doesn't either

Unfortunately you have not read the Geneva convention properly as there is no compassion for Spies and treason against the state. Spying and treason are punishable by death in most of the constitutions in countries around the world.

True a spy is not entitled to consular access as per Geneva convention.But if you had read it completely. It also ask the respective countries where the alleged spies are caught, to provide them with all the legal assistance within their constitution and allow him to present his case as per the countries judiciary, and if punished then action can be taken. But in Kulbushans case I had hardly read about his case being presented in any of your courts. At-least try and prove that he was a spy or alleged terrorist in Pakistan's own court, then talk about punishable until death etc. :(

he admitted to spying for India. no consular access is given to spies

Yes, spies don't enjoy such rights. But the Geneva conventions also ask the respective countries to prove that the person is a spy in their own courts and provide him with all necessary legal assistance. Alas all democracies work like that I suppose, not sure about sham democratic countries though. :p:

It's purely for indian public domestic consumption to make Govt of india looks like it's
Trying to get its navy officer turnt SPY or at least try to save or care for him. At the end of the day he was born in India and will die in Pakistan.

No country gives "consular access" to spies. Case closed. Move on

Doesn't apply to spies, only POWs

He is an accused and a person who is accused need not necessarily be a criminal. Prove him guilty and reject consular access once and for all. Why is that not happening?

and indus traty cab be violated hypocrate indians

Well, as if you already havent violated the Shimla agreement !! What should I call Pakistani's then. Come back when the Indus treaty is violated.

No we dont follow vedic rules

He is entitled to a trial... at some time while alive...no consular access

Oh so in Islamic law, an accused is always guilty? Now how cool is that..

True a spy is not entitled to consular access as per Geneva convention.But if you had read it completely. It also ask the respective countries where the alleged spies are caught, to provide them with all the legal assistance within their constitution and allow him to present his case as per the countries judiciary, and if punished then action can be taken. But in Kulbushans case I had hardly read about his case being presented in any of your courts. At-least try and prove that he was a spy or alleged terrorist in Pakistan's own court, then talk about punishable until death etc. :(

Yes, spies don't enjoy such rights. But the Geneva conventions also ask the respective countries to prove that the person is a spy in their own courts and provide him with all necessary legal assistance. Alas all democracies work like that I suppose, not sure about sham democratic countries though. :p:
what are you saying GenevaGeneva Geneva
like a parrot
he is a bloody hell terrrorist u hang kasab we will hang him
because both r terrorist

what are you saying GenevaGeneva Geneva
like a parrot
he is a bloody hell terrrorist u hang kasab we will hang him
because both r terrorist

Yes, we did hung Kasab after providing him with all legal options as per Indian law, including a chance of Presidential pardon. And do remember he was caught in the act, not simply based on Kasab's confession alone. LOL

Pakistan can very well do anything with Mr. Yadhav and please don't provide him any legal option and never care to prove that he is a terrorist in your own courts. That will always be in India's interest, let the world watch you do. :p:

Just for the sake of information and knowledge I want to know what does councilor access means. I mean what will the benefit of councilor of indian embassy meeting with yadav?

And for my understanding why Pakistan Army is denying the access, to send message to future would be yadav and Ansari, what would happen if you try to mess with us

Back
Top Bottom