What's new

India, Afghanistan to sign mining agreement soon

this clout wasn't enough to stop Karzai from making that famous speech about ''friends and conjoined twins'' (a bit cheesy, but nice to hear anyways)

seems that Karzai --despite some personal issues which are none of my business -trusts Pakistan enough to consult with us on how to solve the issues and help bring peace to Afghanistan

your bilateral trade with China and U.S. is worth more than ours....that doesnt seem to do much in tilting indian influence. Therefore i dont really buy the economics argument since there are too many other factors involved

no; but on a side note, it's quite odd that india never came to the aid of its ally during her troubles in subjugating and occupying Afghanistan

the indians always are quick to give Pakistan all the 'credit' :)

tell me about Pakistan's 'design' from your indian perspective

again; more question marks than answers......but place your wager and hedge your bets now. Because NATO wont always be there; Pakistan will always be here, and I hope what you say is true so that 4 million refugees can be repatriated back to their beloved motherland; Inshallah.
Why don't you repatriate them and finish off the deal? Afghanistan isn't the most populous country anyway. What's stopping your government from sending them back? Politics.

That's why you're not sending them back.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

please invest more, it all finally ending up for pakistan :lol::lol::lol:
Be our guest to try it--- we're not the only ones investing there. So you won't just be having our concern. ;)

Pakistan is not an ethno-centric state, it's an Islamic country. Actually, it's in our interests for Afghans to set aside their tribal or ethnic differences.

I wasnt talking about pakistan brother, i meant afghanistan. any ethnic rivlarly which is sadly happening is equally harmfull to pakistan. it will strneghten pashtoon nationalims even further and you know what happens next and what the complications will be to pakistan. about the taliban, it looks like pakistani friends think the pashtoon taliban are good for pakistan and havnet said/done anything bad, but right now and also in the past they needed the support of pakistan to win their wars, who knows what will they do once they win everything.

dont forget that pakistan also have serious ethnic problems.

i have little information about that; maybe you could elaborate further

they are all pashtoon warlords who have killed many innocent people including the pashtoons. Masacares by taliban, rockets by hekmatyar who shoot thousands of rockets into people's homes and killed them in large numbers these 2 were famous of all, the barbarsim of qalam, chaman, zardad etc who were warlords is well known among the afghans, sadly pakistani brothers dont know about all these, they(qalam, chman, zardad etc) used to kill, torture and looth ordinary people on the highway between kabul and jalalabad and other places, since i come from eastern laghman provice and i used to take that route between kabul and laghaman, i have been looted and beaten up many times, for money and for being not pashtoons.

not sure about that as i have no stats or figures; but contrary to what i have read and/or heard even by those staunchly opposed to them; as for Mr. 10% i couldnt agree with you more, but I am a civilian I don't belong to the government

this is a shared problem for both of us, it is never nice to taunt us about this all the time, you have this problem and we have it too.

if they have unarmed, then guud for them -- i have some doubts, but oh well

Yes, they have turned back all their heavy arms. the isaf launched a programme that took all the weapons from them. small arms are still in the hands of everybody, either the so called NA or anybody else.

Last edited:
Although these kinds of agreements is very good for afghanistan, be it with india, china or anybody else, but the timing of it is never good for afghanistan. the corrupt officials will probably take a good part of the cake. it is better that these treasures be under the ground until things become less corrupt and less worse.

i wish you understood Pakhto and could read the script........LoLzz. Have some material i would have loved to share with you

To read English I dont need to know Pushto ;)

X posting from another thread :

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/44835-afghan-poll-shows-india-most-favoured-pakistan-unpopular.html

by the way, those Northern alliance militiamen you supported were as 'barbaric' as many of the talebs were ;)

May be the concept of the "Lesser of the Evils" comes into play here.

And the NA controlled Areas are much much better in living,freedom,education and infra than the areas in which Taliban are present. Anyway that is a different matter.

Last edited:
Let USA move from this region in 2011. India will get the answer. :)

Dont worry Afghanistan is Pakistan's control zone ... lol

Let USA move from this region in 2011. India will get the answer. :)

Answer for what ? you guys will send some more (friendly )talibs to to kick Indian companies out. if yes then kudos to your thinking.. :hitwall::hitwall: No wonder why there are war going on on your tribal regions ...

Start thinking constructive. Companies like ArcelorMittal and Tatas are one of the best in their respective business. They are one of the biggest and best steel manufacturer in world. Help those companies to setup plants in Afghanistan it will benefit Pakistan most then any other country.

Be a part of solution rather then trying to create problems ....

Afghanistan have trillion $$$$ mineral deposits. Every big mining company and steel manufacturer are interested in it. Most of them are western , Indian or Chines ... Afghanistan will invite them sooner or later .. What you will do ...will bast all multinational companies .. or you want to see all of them like PSM or PIA

Answer for what ? you guys will send some more (friendly )talibs to to kick Indian companies out. if yes then kudos to your thinking.. :hitwall::hitwall: No wonder why there are war going on on your tribal regions ...

Start thinking constructive. Companies like ArcelorMittal and Tatas are one of the best in their respective business. They are one of the biggest and best steel manufacturer in world. Help those companies to setup plants in Afghanistan it will benefit Pakistan most then any other country.

Be a part of solution rather then trying to create problems ....

Afghanistan have trillion $$$$ mineral deposits. Every big mining company and steel manufacturer are interested in it. Most of them are western , Indian or Chines ... Afghanistan will invite them sooner or later .. What you will do ...will bast all multinational companies .. or you want to see all of them like PSM or PIA

get that saffron coloured drape off your head as it seems to be blocking some vital oxygen; perhaps you would understand if Pakistanis felt india was part of the 'problem' in this Afghan equation

you support our enemies then, as you do now.....so hypothetically speaking, why WOULDNT we do the same?

hopefully for everyone's sake, the war-lordism and factionalism of society there ends sooner than later --- b/c you are very naiive if you think that the Afghans (not just the regime of Kabul) will blindly allow foreigners to come in and start digging away. You should be more familiar with Afghan culture.

then again, the Chinese seem to be having a field day in Afghanistan....so i guess they're doing something right! Theyre even using Chinese workers; whereas i've heard of indian workers getting bullied kidnapped and even shot at from time to time; not sure why....

get that saffron coloured drape off your head as it seems to be blocking some vital oxygen; perhaps you would understand if Pakistanis felt india was part of the 'problem' in this Afghan equation

you support our enemies then, as you do now.....so hypothetically speaking, why WOULDNT we do the same?

hopefully for everyone's sake, the war-lordism and factionalism of society there ends sooner than later --- b/c you are very naiive if you think that the Afghans (not just the regime of Kabul) will blindly allow foreigners to come in and start digging away. You should be more familiar with Afghan culture.

then again, the Chinese seem to be having a field day in Afghanistan....so i guess they're doing something right! Theyre even using Chinese workers; whereas i've heard of indian workers getting bullied kidnapped and even shot at from time to time; not sure why....

You're not sure why huh? Come on don;t be foolish...the ISI is pressing the taliban and such outfits to attack Indian interests. Simple....its been announced by the US as well, remember the bombing and killing of the INdian brigadier general! I'm surprised India has not responded in kind by assassinating Kalyani or Mushi. Maybe India lacks that capablitily or the Pakistani's contour intel is much better..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom