What's new

India, Afghanistan to sign mining agreement soon

such doesnt seem to be the case in Afghanistan, though it depends who you ask I suppose

talk to Mr. Dostum, he'll change the colour of his hats for the right price. The Pakhtun tribesmen however, it's difficult to bribe them.

such doesnt seem to be the case in Afghanistan, though it depends who you ask I suppose

talk to Mr. Dostum, he'll change the colour of his hats for the right price. The Pakhtun tribesmen however, it's difficult to bribe them.

Everyone in this world has a price.....

And except the barbaric Taliban, India is quite popular among Afghans - including ordinary Pashtuns.

i wish you understood Pakhto and could read the script........LoLzz. Have some material i would have loved to share with you

as is the case with Pakistan, perception of indians varies depending on who you ask.....but surely india is liked more in Afghanistan than in Kashmir, though thats a whole other subject.

by the way, those Northern alliance militiamen you supported were as 'barbaric' as many of the talebs were ;)

buddy, as long as you alientate Pakhtuns in Afghanistan --- i can GUARANTEE you that any efforts, regardless of how much money put in, will be futile

Northern alliance has committed massacres against Pakhtuns; two wrongs dont make a right. NA is also extremely corrupt --then again corruption is rampant over there.

actually, many Northern Alliance arms are going to taleban; so you are indirectly helping them :)

buddy, as long as you alientate Pakhtuns in Afghanistan --- i can GUARANTEE you that any efforts, regardless of how much money put in, will be futile

Northern alliance has committed massacres against Pakhtuns; two wrongs dont make a right. NA is also extremely corrupt --then again corruption is rampant over there.

actually, many Northern Alliance arms are going to taleban; so you are indirectly helping them :)

Do you really think India cares who is corrupt and who is not.. As if we dont have enough corruption in India. What directs India's policies in Afghanistan is the aim to keep Pakistan off balance over there. Basically to avoid Pakistan getting to proxy rule the country as in the times of Taliban.

I believe India would strike a deal with the devil himself to ensure that. And that has my full support.. As a bonus, the barberic Taleban get shown the door..Anything that reduces fundamentalism, specially the religious kinds has my full support..

shown the door??? lol.....seems the odds are tilting more in their favour; and that's despite the surge in troops

i think it's more like they are standing near the door and waiting to slam it shut!

in all sincerity, Pakistan nation wishes the best for our neighbour and we will continue to help them however we can....any other help is welcome I'm sure, as long as it doesnt conflict with our interests

by now you are aware what happens in Afghanistan when its land is used by enemies to attack Pakistan ;)

shown the door??? lol.....seems the odds are tilting more in their favour; and that's despite the surge in troops

i think it's more like they are standing near the door and waiting to slam it shut!

in all sincerity, Pakistan nation wishes the best for our neighbour and we will continue to help them however we can....any other help is welcome I'm sure, as long as it doesnt conflict with our interests

by now you are aware what happens in Afghanistan when its land is used by enemies to attack Pakistan ;)

I meant shown the door from the absolute power they enjoyed in 1990's. That is never gonna happen again, no matter what the odds. 9/11 ensured that..

What attack from Afghanistan into Pakistan are you referring to..

i wish you understood Pakhto and could read the script........LoLzz. Have some material i would have loved to share with you

as is the case with Pakistan, perception of indians varies depending on who you ask.....but surely india is liked more in Afghanistan than in Kashmir, though thats a whole other subject.

by the way, those Northern alliance militiamen you supported were as 'barbaric' as many of the talebs were ;)

I think the same so called NA was once supported by Pakistan for decades.

I meant shown the door from the absolute power they enjoyed in 1990's. That is never gonna happen again, no matter what the odds. 9/11 ensured that..

What attack from Afghanistan into Pakistan are you referring to..

well the taleban made a huge mistake by neglecting ours (and Saudi) advice to expel the non-Afghan militants; even though many of them settled there for years, started families and basically integrated themselves somewhat

Mullah Omar himself was increasingly angry and frustrated by the foreign fighters --especially the Arabs, whom he felt were getting too big for their boots

after 9/11, Pakistan extended its cooperation to fight Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda linked militants, which we have been doing since 2001....

since that time, we have also tried hard to bring good to Afghan peoples --though you may only be focused on aspects which suit you only (i.e. your flawed interpretation of what we view as 'strategic depth')

india is trying hard to gain influence in Afghanistan merely to make a jab at Pakistan, and even NATO realizes that india's role may not be productive to their interests in the region --though once again i reiterate that any good done for Afghanistan (as long as it doesnt affect Pakistan) is commendable. Afghans need all the help they can get.

anti-Pakistan activity; or activity that aims to tilt the odds against Pakistan would not be tolerated....(already implied for some time now)

Not only pashtons, but anybody who is aleniated from afghanistan will have bad consequences for both afghanistan and region. ethno centric system in afghanistan will harm pakistan more than anybody else.

The pashton taliban(lets exclude the pashtoon masses from these guys), Gulbudin Rocketyar, Qalam, Chaman, Zardad(hope you have heard these pashoon names), Sayaf and many more have committed far worse crimes against the others. Corruption? come on a pakistani national cant give us lesson about corruption, your president is mr 10%. by the way, the taliban time in gov were one of them most corrupt era in afghanistan.

actually, many Northern Alliance arms are going to taleban; so you are indirectly helping them

They are unarmed now, they have given their arms back to the nato/gov.

well the taleban made a huge mistake by neglecting ours (and Saudi) advice to expel the non-Afghan militants; even though many of them settled there for years, started families and basically integrated themselves somewhat

Mullah Omar himself was increasingly angry and frustrated by the foreign fighters --especially the Arabs, whom he felt were getting too big for their boots

after 9/11, Pakistan extended its cooperation to fight Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda linked militants, which we have been doing since 2001....

since that time, we have also tried hard to bring good to Afghan peoples --though you may only be focused on aspects which suit you only (i.e. your flawed interpretation of what we view as 'strategic depth')

india is trying hard to gain influence in Afghanistan merely to make a jab at Pakistan, and even NATO realizes that india's role may not be productive to their interests in the region --though once again i reiterate that any good done for Afghanistan (as long as it doesnt affect Pakistan) is commendable. Afghans need all the help they can get.

anti-Pakistan activity; or activity that aims to tilt the odds against Pakistan would not be tolerated....(already implied for some time now)

I dont know how you define anti Pakistan activity, but the reality of situation is simple. Increasing clout of India through economic and developmental ties with Afghanistan (the soft power) will tilt the odds against Pakistan from an influence perspective. Unlike USSR (earlier) and Pakistan (later), India has no interest in territory control in Afghanistan. The best case scenario for India is an independent, democtratic, moderate govt in Afghanistan which is immune to Pakistan's design. Since that is also the best case scenario for Afghanistan population, in the longer term that has the highest probability of success.

I dont know how you define anti Pakistan activity, but the reality of situation is simple. Increasing clout of India through economic and developmental ties with Afghanistan (the soft power) will tilt the odds against Pakistan from an influence perspective.

this clout wasn't enough to stop Karzai from making that famous speech about ''friends and conjoined twins'' (a bit cheesy, but nice to hear anyways)

seems that Karzai --despite some personal issues which are none of my business -trusts Pakistan enough to consult with us on how to solve the issues and help bring peace to Afghanistan

your bilateral trade with China and U.S. is worth more than ours....that doesnt seem to do much in tilting indian influence. Therefore i dont really buy the economics argument since there are too many other factors involved

Unlike USSR (earlier) and Pakistan (later), India has no interest in territory control in Afghanistan.

no; but on a side note, it's quite odd that india never came to the aid of its ally during her troubles in subjugating and occupying Afghanistan

The best case scenario for India is an independent, democtratic, moderate govt in Afghanistan which is immune to Pakistan's design.

the indians always are quick to give Pakistan all the 'credit' :)

tell me about Pakistan's 'design' from your indian perspective

Since that is also the best case scenario for Afghanistan population, in the longer term that has the highest probability of success.

again; more question marks than answers......but place your wager and hedge your bets now. Because NATO wont always be there; Pakistan will always be here, and I hope what you say is true so that 4 million refugees can be repatriated back to their beloved motherland; Inshallah.

hillary-clinton-anwar-ul-haq-ahady-yusuf-raza-gilani-makhdoom-amin-fahi-2010-7-18-14-50-0.jpg

Not only pashtons, but anybody who is aleniated from afghanistan will have bad consequences for both afghanistan and region. ethno centric system in afghanistan will harm pakistan more than anybody else.

Pakistan is not an ethno-centric state, it's an Islamic country. Actually, it's in our interests for Afghans to set aside their tribal or ethnic differences.

The pashton taliban(lets exclude the pashtoon masses from these guys), Gulbudin Rocketyar, Qalam, Chaman, Zardad(hope you have heard these pashoon names), Sayaf and many more have committed far worse crimes against the others.

i have little information about that; maybe you could elaborate further

Corruption? come on a pakistani national cant give us lesson about corruption, your president is mr 10%. by the way, the taliban time in gov were one of them most corrupt era in afghanistan.

not sure about that as i have no stats or figures; but contrary to what i have read and/or heard even by those staunchly opposed to them; as for Mr. 10% i couldnt agree with you more, but I am a civilian I don't belong to the government

damn proud of that fact, i might add....! :)

They are unarmed now, they have given their arms back to the nato/gov.

speaking of which, everyone knows how NATO equipment has made its way into the hands of taleban; so basically, we have NA, Iranian and NATO weapons making their way to the talebs

it seems that NA has one too many turn-coats and double-dealers as well

if they have unarmed, then guud for them -- i have some doubts, but oh well

Back
Top Bottom