What's new

India a master and Tibet is its disciple: Dalai Lama

Are you sure India able feed all those so called refugees ?

Its always better to solve your own internal problems before sticking

your nose at someone else business.

Do measure youself, can India afford the confrontations ? :smitten:
:pakistan::china:

Well, Ofcourse We can, There are several organisation, charitable trusts and NGO's, UN Camps are run in seveal parts of India to control these rufugees and Poverty In India. So Its our business, now That its your nose which has been cut now...:coffee:

Well, present facts have to be Looked into tooo, wake up from the past and live in the present dear.... :cheers:

Dalai Lama is not talking about present facts. Here what he said

"I am the messenger of India's ancient thoughts world over," Dalai Lama told an assembly of intellectuals in Itanagar on Saturday.

Mr Lama is either a big naive person lacking knowledge about India's ancient thoughts on Budhims or he is just licking Indian feet for political gains.

Hmm... very interesting!

A Chinese and a Pakistani convincing Indians, that Buddhism was driven out from India. And when asked to substantiate, the reference given is of an under construction website that "will eventually become a commercial site providing ingredients and accessories for adventurous cooks."

Another source cited is a homophilic website, and the writer constructs alternate fantasy history as he types, including outrageous claims that Gandhiji wanted to smash Khajuraho temple sculpture. Only lunatics will believe that article, which cites no references and simplifies entire eras to one-liners. A casual perusal of the site will tell that the person is overly focused on gender discrimination, and LGBT issues, so citing him as an authoritative source is out of question.

Very authentic and scholarly references indeed, both!

What's up guys, is this a platform for making outrageous claims suiting your convictions taking the help of flimsiest of website references? Have we become that cheap?

Dalai Lama is not talking about present facts. Here what he said

Mr Lama is either a big naive person lacking knowledge about India's ancient thoughts on Budhims or he is just licking Indian feet for political gains.

How about neither? This shows that you are just interested in number of your posts, not the quality. Hon. Dalai Lama himself is a seasoned Buddhist monk & one would expect him to have every bit of knowledge of history of Buddhism. Someone from Pakistan can not come out of the blues & allege him of ignorance. That will get termed as nothing less than 'trolling'.

And licking Indian feet? Exactly what would be the political gains from such move? He is a person well passed his 80s & will not really start 'buttering' India now, after so many years of exile in India. He is just representing the majority of Tibetans' sentiments towards India. Rightfully so, considering that Chinese are hell bent on destroying their culture after their invasion & illegal occupation.

Tibet dream ? a better wording will be Indian's tibet dream,

Yes, dream on, hopfully a wet one that help you forget your hunger

from your empty stormach.

If China is a country rule by mob, why we are so successful ?

While India is rule under your Caste-democracy, why you are so

backward, so damn poor ? a country can't even provide basic dignity

for her people=Incredable India.:smitten::pakistan::china:

This is th biggest joke of the year as it comes to an end..:lol::lol:

For all ur grand success ,the wide roads and tall bulidings ...ur biggest standing army and loads of US dollors in ur banks didnt make the tiniest nation on earth called Taiwan comprising of soley chinese ppl to join PRC on their own freewill .

PRC style of goverance is unacceptable for HongKong who though joined becuase it had to ,but rejected ur socalled sucessful system.

Only a zombie programmed to take dictations like a slave deprived of any tangilble role to play in the political process of his country unless he concurs enthusiastically with the whims the mob who rules china can call it success.

What u mean by Caste-democracy??

U never miss to use this word as some kind of jive when you've nothing else to say.Pls enlighten us by what u mean a Caste-democracy in india a radical concept even the wisest one has not been exactlty managed to conjure up yet.We all looking forward to deliberation on this topic and just dont resort to usual couple sentences of rude remark.

We are neither backward nor poor,we recently lauchned a scientific craft to moon and there are more indian orgin in top ten rich men in world than the chinese,infact no chinese appear in the list .

Yes,coming back to the issue poverty,we have a lots of poor ppl we have too much population and unlike china which made enforces inhuman mandetory birth control like a china does, we may be poor people sure ,but not unkind ones.Nevertheless we surely making progress at own speed and if u can take off ur chinese blinkers,then u'll find world never forgets take Indias name along with china whie discussing future potential.

Talking of basic dignity, there is no sin in being poor,but dignity comes into question when practically u've no voice in goverance ,no room for rise ur dissent,no right owneship ... focred to live a police state when one must look over the shoulders all the time for conformity. A poor and hungry indian wields more power and loulder voice in his own locality ,than any rich chinese living tall building and driving on wide roads in their country.

Yes Jana, actually u've much more knowledge about Buddism and of Buddishit history in india than the worlds most honored Buddishit monk and a nobel laureate himself like Dalai Lama.:hitwall:

And surely he is stupid, as choosed a hungry ,poor nation like india out of all countries in the world to take on mighty china.:cheesy:

Alright i should have clarified that by saying Budhism was forced to migrate by Hindus in ancient India to areas currently part of others.

It flourished in neighborhood countries because their posture was more friendly towards Budhism as compared to Hindu dominated parts of current India

It is very easy to blame a religion shows how naive a person is. Do you have any supporting source? No point in arguing for every such post of a person.

India a master and Tibet is its disciple: Dalai Lama

November 14, 2009 23:14 IST

On the last day of his week-long stay in Arunachal Pradesh, Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama underlined the need for spiritual development for peaceful co-existence of different groups of people for establishing a developed and prosperous state.

The spiritual leader said he was active in spreading India's [ Images ] message of non-violence and religious harmony throughout the world.

"I am the messenger of India's ancient thoughts world over," Dalai Lama told an assembly of intellectuals in Itanagar on Saturday.

He said democracy was deep rooted in India because the people had deep respect for the two precious ideals. Even non-believer like 'Charvak' was respected and given the high status of a sage in ancient India.

The Tibet an monk said he considered India as a master and Tibet its disciple as great scholars like Nagarjuna went from Nalanda to Tibet to preach Buddhism in the eighth century.

He said millions of people had lost their lives in violence and economy of many a country got ruined due to conflicts in the 20th century. "Let the 21th century be a century of tolerance and dialogue."

The Dalai Lama will leave for New Delhi on Sunday.
Anurag Kashyap in Itanagar

India is a master, Tibet its disciple: Dalai Lama: Rediff.com India News

A wierd idea of india and its puppy lama.

Lama need to check the history of India. Budhists were driven out of India.

Madam Pls check your fact prior to posting.Buddhism was never driven out neither you can call Buddhism a separate religion,infact Buddhism is a sub-set of Hinduism which gained more prominence due to Ashoka's third buddhist council held at Pataliputra.If not for Ashoka Buddhism would never have propogated to other region.

Secondly Buddhism is not monolithic it has numerous sub-sets and Tibetians follow the Vajrayana style of buddhism which is based on Tantric principles and originated in bengal during the Pala rule .Buddhism actually was destroyed by Bakhtiyar Khilji (PS:he was thought to originate from somewhere near Peshawar)who raged the
nalanda and vikramashila university to the ground(and during the Islamic invasions thousands of monks were slaughtered )which was the cause of decline of buddhism as a separate religion

tibet is a country and it is under aggression from china......this is a fact...HAN people are expanding and has a aggresive policy.....if there was no india here...perhaps small countries like bhutan, bangladesh, srilanka, maldives.....much be under chinese aggression.....thats why india is a great leverage....thats why chinese feel the heat....:)

tibet is a country and it is under aggression from china......this is a fact...HAN people are expanding and has a aggresive policy.....if there was no india here...perhaps small countries like bhutan, bangladesh, srilanka, maldives.....much be under chinese aggression.....thats why india is a great leverage....thats why chinese feel the heat....:)

I have to admit that even I am now feeling sad for DL. He is either turning from Hollywood to Bollywood. He has unfortunately no idea, no clue that his entire claim to fame rests on his apolitical image ...

O well, I can tell you one thing - as much as I genuinely sympathize with his grievances - he is slipping politically.

Even by appearing to be a "card" he is shooting himself in the foot. The only one laughing at this whole thing is the CCP, I tell ya. For years they have tried to portray him first as a 'CIA spy", then, as a Western stooge. Now he "volunteers" to "look like" a Saffron agent - even though I personally don't find much bones to pick with his statements factually.

But sentimentally, well good luck ...

:cheers: to the Lama.

Buddhism actually was destroyed by Bakhtiyar Khilji (PS:he was thought to originate from somewhere near Peshawar)who raged the
nalanda and vikramashila university to the ground(and during the Islamic invasions thousands of monks were slaughtered )which was the cause of decline of buddhism as a separate religion

In fact, Islamic invaders into the subcontinent used to call themselves "But Shikan". "But" comes from Buddha and the name "But Shikan" came from their practice of smashing statues of the Buddha, which they were proud of doing.

The Afghan Taliban are the modern-day But Shikan and they use equipment like explosives and mortars to smash Buddha statues.

Last edited:
I have to admit that even I am now feeling sad for DL. He is either turning from Hollywood to Bollywood. He has unfortunately no idea, no clue that his entire claim to fame rests on his apolitical image ...

O well, I can tell you one thing - as much as I genuinely sympathize with his grievances - he is slipping politically.

Even by appearing to be a "card" he is shooting himself in the foot. The only one laughing at this whole thing is the CCP, I tell ya. For years they have tried to portray him first as a 'CIA spy", then, as a Western stooge. Now he "volunteers" to "look like" a Saffron agent - even though I personally don't find much bones to pick with his statements factually.

But sentimentally, well good luck ...

:cheers: to the Lama.

Madam you are the resident chinese intellectual here,I never expected this response from you .I don't think the CCP are laughing,if so they could have maintained his silence regarding his visit(thinking of the mindset of the mandarins)which incidentally they did'nt.

From a non-chinese POV he is highly apolitical.He said the above statement in the context the tibetian culture is essentially Indo-centric.

Regarding the saffron brigade thin it has zero, nadda,zilch,influence on the present government.It does not even have a Pan-Indian influence like the CCP which has Pan-chinese influence

According to Dr. B. R. Ambedkar the founder of indian constitution ,a hindu dalit who later on became a Buddist wrote "there can be no doubt that the fall of Buddhism was due to the invasions of the Muslims.” He wrote: “Thus the origin of the word ["but", Persian for "idol"] indicates that in the Muslim mind idol worship had come to be identified with the religion of Buddha. To the Muslims they were one and the same thing. The mission to break idols thus became the mission to destroy Buddhism. Islam destroyed Buddhism not only in India but wherever it went. Bactria, Parthia, Afghanistan, Gandhara and Chinese Turkestan (…) in all these countries Islam destroyed Buddhism.”

The Arabic invaders described Indian Pagans as But-parast, and idol-breakers as but-shikan. The word "but" is derived from Buddhism, but the Arabs used it for "Indian paganism" in general.

Ranil Wickremesinghe, a Buddhist and former Prime Minister of Sri Lanka, has stated that Buddhism had collapsed in Central and East Asia because Islam was propagated by use of armed force in those countries.

Madam you are the resident chinese intellectual here,I never expected this response from you .I don't think the CCP are laughing,if so they could have maintained his silence regarding his visit(thinking of the mindset of the mandarins)which incidentally they did'nt.
A simple "Ma'am" would suffice, kiddo :D. Just kidding - can't claim membership among the superior half of humanity.

From a non-chinese POV he is highly apolitical.He said the above statement in the context the tibetian culture is essentially Indo-centric.

And what's Indo-centric again? :what: Are the Maoists in Nepal any less "Indo-centric" when they wanted to install one of their native "sons of the soil" as a temple priest? Never mind - you are preaching to the choir here. My very first few posts on this wonderful forum back in September were to argue that the Chinese culture were "Indo-centric", too. :azn:

Regarding the saffron brigade thin it has zero, nadda,zilch,influence on the present government.It does not even have a Pan-Indian influence like the CCP which has Pan-chinese influence

I am not sure if the CCP has any "Pan-chinese" influence - perhaps they wish they do. And by all means, be my guest and believe they do. Why would I protest?

And why would you protest my sprinkling a pinch of Saffron spice to "add a little colour" - if only rhetorically - to my own brew of "Masala"?

:cheers:

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom