What's new

India a master and Tibet is its disciple: Dalai Lama

Khajur

BANNED
Reaction score

November 14, 2009 23:14 IST

On the last day of his week-long stay in Arunachal Pradesh, Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama underlined the need for spiritual development for peaceful co-existence of different groups of people for establishing a developed and prosperous state.

The spiritual leader said he was active in spreading India's [ Images ] message of non-violence and religious harmony throughout the world.

"I am the messenger of India's ancient thoughts world over," Dalai Lama told an assembly of intellectuals in Itanagar on Saturday.

He said democracy was deep rooted in India because the people had deep respect for the two precious ideals. Even non-believer like 'Charvak' was respected and given the high status of a sage in ancient India.

The Tibet an monk said he considered India as a master and Tibet its disciple as great scholars like Nagarjuna went from Nalanda to Tibet to preach Buddhism in the eighth century.

He said millions of people had lost their lives in violence and economy of many a country got ruined due to conflicts in the 20th century. "Let the 21th century be a century of tolerance and dialogue."

The Dalai Lama will leave for New Delhi on Sunday.
Anurag Kashyap in Itanagar

India is a master, Tibet its disciple: Dalai Lama: Rediff.com India News

The spiritual leader said he was active in spreading India's [ Images ] message of non-violence and religious harmony throughout the world.
He said democracy was deep rooted in India because the people had deep respect for the two precious ideals. Even non-believer like 'Charvak' was respected and given the high status of a sage in ancient India.

Being factual, i'd say it was a bit of buttering.
Because these two things never existed specially religious harmony and people are not given equal status higher status is something far from possible, democracy is there to the extent of selecting the prime ministers on the basis of elections other than that what governments are doing or what is happening in the name of religion is something what no body is unaware of.

peace to all, im not trying to bash India or Indians, this is a bitter truth that we all know.

Because these two things never existed specially religious harmony and people are not given equal status higher status is something far from possible, democracy is there to the extent of selecting the prime ministers on the basis of elections other than that what governments are doing or what is happening in the name of religion is something what no body is unaware of.

peace to all, im not trying to bash India or Indians, this is a bitter truth that we all know.

Democracy is giving a free voice to the good and the bad, believer and non believer. Domocracy is the outcome of debate. It has its foundation in freedom. Wether the Dalai is buttering up or not, he has the freedom to say what he wants, thanks to democracy

I feel maybe you can elaborate your point a little better by explaining what you mean by saying that
"democracy is there to the extent of selecting the prime ministers on the basis of elections other than that what governments are doing or what is happening in the name of religion is something what no body is unaware of."

Which aspects of Democracy is India lacking?? Please support your argument with mass instances, so that we can debate.....links, credible articles etc would be appreciated......And you can ignore this message completely if Rupeenews, Zaid Hamid and the likes is who you're referencing.....

Maybe DL is buttering up, but he does voice some truths that the spiritual Birthplace of Tibetian Buddhism lies in India......

democracy my @$$ look at what kind of Tibet the dalai lama ran before the chinese took over, a elitist society rule by a group of monk-kings while the rest of the population is made up of peasants who have no say, what a hypocrite.

Have u ever come to India buddy :what: or do you have this openion by reading the news papers, Dont come to conclusions untill u have seen it from your own eyes
ab07c5c5532c0c821a541a53f0fb28d7.gif

democracy my @$$ look at what kind of Tibet the dalai lama ran before the chinese took over, a elitist society rule by a group of monk-kings while the rest of the population is made up of peasants who have no say, what a hypocrite.

Can u post some fact on that statement even i know abt what you are talking but if you could post some facts :cheers: please

November 14, 2009 23:14 IST

On the last day of his week-long stay in Arunachal Pradesh, Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama underlined the need for spiritual development for peaceful co-existence of different groups of people for establishing a developed and prosperous state.

"I am the messenger of India's ancient thoughts world over," Dalai Lama told an assembly of intellectuals in Itanagar on Saturday.

The Tibet an monk said he considered India as a master and Tibet its disciple as great scholars like Nagarjuna went from Nalanda to Tibet to preach Buddhism in the eighth century.

He said millions of people had lost their lives in violence and economy of many a country got ruined due to conflicts in the 20th century. "Let the 21th century be a century of tolerance and dialogue."

The Dalai Lama will leave for New Delhi on Sunday.
Anurag Kashyap in Itanagar

India is a master, Tibet its disciple: Dalai Lama: Rediff.com India News

Hehe, how about my version?

India a grave and Tibet in your dreams

Only an insane person can call india, a fertille land populated by 1Billion people and happily producing crores each years a grave and Tibet dream keeps Tibetians alive till reach their grave in china.

Its the utopia china) that trys its folks togetger by the false of promise of non existent heaven...neither a communist repubilic nor capitalist democracy its a country ruled by a mob.

Only an insane person can call india, a fertille land populated by 1Billion people and happily producing crores each years a grave and Tibet dream keeps Tibetians alive till reach their grave in china.

Its the utopia china) that trys its folks togetger by the false of promise of non existent heaven...neither a communist repubilic nor capitalist democracy its a country ruled by a mob.

And only the insane would think that way haha. Those 2 places were all aimed at Dalai Lama. Put him in the statement 2x and it will start to make sense ;)

Oh, a mob? What defines a mob? A group of patriots defending it against a mongol bunch of hot headed Indians, then yes, it's our duty to offer the Hierarchies the moral support in that sense.

While US is playing distance game with Dalai Lama, India choose to play game of intimidation and interferance in China. Here is what Obama has to realize on China:

US does not seek to contain China
US not seeking to 'contain' China: Obama - US - World - The Times of India

And that policy shift will take wind out of indian huffing and puffing sail. Unless otherwise india wish to go alone with interference in China. I just hope indians are onboard with their govt for confronting China.

Tibet dream ? a better wording will be Indian's tibet dream,

Yes, dream on, hopfully a wet one that help you forget your hunger

from your empty stormach.

If China is a country rule by mob, why we are so successful ?

While India is rule under your Caste-democracy, why you are so

backward, so damn poor ? a country can't even provide basic dignity

for her people=Incredable India.:smitten::pakistan::china:

Tibet dream ? a better wording will be Indian's tibet dream,

Yes, dream on, hopfully a wet one that help you forget your hunger

from your empty stormach.

If China is a country rule by mob, why we are so successful ?

While India is rule under your Caste-democracy, why you are so

backward, so damn poor ? a country can't even provide basic dignity

for her people=Incredable India.:smitten::pakistan::china:

Help me understand what you meant by caste democracy is??Do you really know what democracy is??Do you ever wonder why there is no voice for people in your "PEOPLES Republic Of China??

Yes you can be more successful than us..you can take lands from your farmers with out any struggle for industries because nobody care about the common people there..Here its not the case we people can come together and agitate against the government if we think there is some thing wrong is done to us..Hope you remember the last time Chinese people agitated and what happened to them :china: ...

Buddy hunger is one thing..we already know that we have large population of hungry people..But our government is taking steps to irradiate poverty.. not like some countries who is covering up all the ills of the societies..

What about your peoples basic dignity..Your own people don't have any voice to talk against your government..those who have the courage is getting killed or disappeared in your country..Do you think any dignity in it???

Help me understand what you meant by caste democracy is??Do you really know what democracy is??Do you ever wonder why there is no voice for people in your "PEOPLES Republic Of China??

Yes you can be more successful than us..you can take lands from your farmers with out any struggle for industries because nobody care about the common people there..Here its not the case we people can come together and agitate against the government if we think there is some thing wrong is done to us..Hope you remember the last time Chinese people agitated and what happened to them :china: ...

Buddy hunger is one thing..we already know that we have large population of hungry people..But our government is taking steps to irradiate poverty.. not like some countries who is covering up all the ills of the societies..

What about your peoples basic dignity..Your own people don't have any voice to talk against your government..those who have the courage is getting killed or disappeared in your country..Do you think any dignity in it???

Buddy, i really don't like to engage with someone i considered a

friend. My post was just a response to your country men's flame

post. I only response when provoked. Hope you understand. :cheers:

Buddy, i really don't like to engage with someone i considered a

friend. My post was just a response to your country men's flame

post. I only response when provoked. Hope you understand. :cheers:

Okk as you wish..try to have a healthy discussions.. ignore trolls..Mods can take care of them :cheers:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom