What's new

‘India 2nd among BRICK nations in research’

I know about the factors inhibiting research and agree with your reasons.

The fact remains that the OP is bragging about absolute numbers, which is a meaningless metric. What matters are the per-capita, or per-unit-GDP, numbers.

That's like saying India has more doctors than Brazil. Whoop di doo!
Don't bother to answer. It's just a general question. In which line was I bragging. I have highlighted strong as well as weak points while starting thread. Did I said anywhere that India is research super duper hyper mega power. You just want accuse the OP because it doesn't suits you only. Why?
For the sake of thread I am again saying go through the 2nd last para carefully. If you analyze it carefully you will get your answer automatically.
And last thing I am not a expert in research field. My specialty lies in data mining. So please from next time don't accuse me any wrongdoing which I haven't done at all.

Check the number of Indian and Chinese students in US, UK doing Masters and PhD.

India prepares hell lot of efficient, smart and hard working engineers. Should I tell you the R&D done by Indians in research centers of Microsoft, IBM etc based in India in comparison to US based centers ?

Buddy I am talking about in general. ISRO, DRDO advance labs are different.

Why are you missing the point here. Its about research funding and support to Indian graduate and post-graduate students in Universities nationwide. Read my other posts too.

Keep IITs, BITS, TIFR, IISc etc. in different block.

All it started from was this:

Sir jee, US have super computers in most of its universities. We Indians have to collaborate sometime with foreign universities because we don't have such facilities.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...g-brick-nations-research-3.html#ixzz2LtR7hqFT

And please note that this missile is not in a tail chase mode :)
Comprende Amigo?

India prepares hell lot of efficient, smart and hard working engineers. Should I tell you the R&D done by Indians in research centers of Microsoft, IBM etc based in India in comparison to US based centers ?

Once again, the issue is not the effort, but the result.

What does India, as a country, produce per-capita or per-unit-GDP?

And please don't give me the sad consolation speech about "invisible innovations".

In which line was I bragging.

By OP I meant the original article, not you personally.

And please don't give me the sad consolation speech about "invisible innovations".

No body here knows what that even means.But here is a good link on Geographical trends of research output.We are doing rather well in our region and among countries compared to our per capita income.

Geographical trends of research output - Research Trends

Check the innovation in naotechnology, Spacve science, Electronics, Mechanical engineering, applied mathematics. etc.

Come with some proof that Indian research is not to that mark as it is portrayed. Indian Space Program and its optimization has its own place in whole world.

Just go to sites to check India's contribution. Come with facts, not same rhetoric. OP made the point, disprove it by some numbers and figures.

Funny thing is when China surpasses all its competitors in terms of development nobody raises these issues.:lol:

Not quite true. :wave:

I bet if you started a thread saying "China 1st among BRIC nations in research" you will have people flaming it. China copied it, China hacks, blah blah, etc.

You know how it goes.

Come with facts, not same rhetoric. OP made the point, disprove it by some numbers and figures.

Wrong.

OP made the claim that India is #2 in BRICS in terms of total research output.

That's like saying that India has more doctors than Brazil does.

Meaningless.

I bet if you started a thread saying "China 1st among BRIC nations in research" you will have people flaming it. China copied it, China hacks, blah blah, etc.

And the vast majority of those people will be Indians.

You know how it goes.
Buddy what's the state of research in Life sciences, Medical sciences, Pharmacy in China. It is quite high in Engineering sciences. What about other fields ?

You know how it goes.
Idiotic trolls are everywhere but sensible posters arguing over this small issue is hard to digest:drag:

Countries like Brazil, Argentina, and Cuba have a good 20 year headstart over India in many areas. Do not let the state of their current economy or politics fool you.

As for metrics being measured pro-rated to ones population, its purely academic. A nation progresses not by individual contributions in isolation, but by collective incremental effort.

Wrong.
OP made the claim that India is #2 in BRICS in terms of total research output.
That's like saying that India has more doctors than Brazil does.
Meaningless.
And the vast majority of those people will be Indians.
See the link in Post # 52 1997-2007 result.

Read the report and then come back. Do some research first. Don't just pass blanket statements. Prove it with links.

Countries like Brazil, Argentina, and Cuba have a good 20 year headstart over India in many areas. Do not let the state of their current economy or politics fool you.As for metrics being measured pro-rated to ones population, its purely academic. A nation progresses not by individual contributions in isolation, but by collective incremental effort.
No one wants to admit these factors buddy. All they do is pass judgement in one liners, can't prove otherwise with some facts.

Back
Top Bottom