What's new

‘India 2nd among BRICK nations in research’

Good Development!! Considering the neighborhood ( where the only research is done on how to make bomb and how to blast people) India is, I think this is a good achievement!!

It's funny to see losers with zero contributions towards research are trying to make fun in this development too..

I am not disputing the quality of Indian researchers. However, when you look at the figures in the context of population, GDP, etc., there is a long way to go.
Sir jee, US have super computers in most of its universities. We Indians have to collaborate sometime with foreign universities because we don't have such facilities.

A senior of min used to write the codes and send it to Nebraska just for simulation. He didn't have that facilities.

Also, one should look at amount of money spent on R&D. Primary education is still our biggest concern and few changes are brought in to help R&D. What we have achieved after 65 years of Independence, look from that point of view.

Yeah we have to long way but we have proved ourselves in the world. Foreign universities easily take Indian and Chinese students.

These development and infrastructure building takes time. But one shouldn't be pessimistic, rather should be encouraging. What I am seeing is people trying to bash India and famous troller is on the job.

Sir jee, US have super computers in most of its universities. We Indians have to collaborate sometime with foreign universities because we don't have such facilities.

A senior of min used to write the codes and send it to Nebraska just for simulation. He didn't have that facilities.

Also, one should look at amount of money spent on R&D. Primary education is still our biggest concern and few changes are brought in to help R&D. What we have achieved after 65 years of Independence, look from that point of view.

Yeah we have to long way but we have proved ourselves in the world. Foreign universities easily take Indian and Chinese students.

These development and infrastructure building takes time. But one shouldn't be pessimistic, rather should be encouraging. What I am seeing is people trying to bash India and famous troller is on the job.

The comparison here is not with the US, Japan or Europe. Its with BRICS countries.

You can come up with a million excuses. Brazil is not exactly a rich country. Or South Africa.

The end fact is the amount of research (measured above) v/s the country's GDP, population, etc.

Karachi is better than New York or Rio, or Mumbai. Difference is, every single gun death is reported in Karachi.

Have stats to back it up?

But does Karachi plan to get white servants by 2030, such as the superpower India. Its difficult to compare with that kind of aspiration.

At Universities level, which are not a defense or nuke laboratories, a teraflop capability suffices.

And India has it!

PARAM is 500 teraflops capable.

So gone are the days of cray-fish :)

The comparison here is not with the US, Japan or Europe. Its with BRICS countries.
You can come up with a million excuses. Brazil is not exactly a rich country. Or South Africa.
The end fact is the amount of research (measured above) v/s the country's GDP, population, etc.
Dude, population also mattrs. I compared it with China.

For China, - the number of researchers and facilities.
South Africa- Population of students and more literacy
Russia- Population and their research institutes.
Brazil- Population of students

I am not bringing out excuses. I am telling you the truth. Because I am in research. Many of our papers in conference don't get into proceedings because we can't get registration fees and travel grants to go there.

I don't know why you are involved with a troller in bashing India. I ask you to first research about these subjects. Rather kkeep away from thread if you don't have anything to say about the real situation in India.

At Universities level, which are not a defense or nuke laboratories, a teraflop capability suffices.
And India has it!
PARAM is 500 teraflops capable.
So gone are the days of cray-fish :)
Dude I know it. You can't do nuclear simulation without super computers. Weather Data processing requires super computers to analyze the data and reach conclusion.

I am talking about regular institutes where there are thousands of students who don't get research facilities. Bulk matters.

If out of 100 students, only 20 get help and 10 publishes, - calculate per capita. (factor in citation/impact factor etc)
If out of 40 students, 20 get help and 10 publishes - you can see the difference.

That is what is wrong with argument people have here. They don't even know the complex nature of determining the efficiency. Few of them are respected members.

PARAM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After being denied Cray supercomputers as a result of a technology embargo, India started a program to develop indigenous supercomputers and supercomputing technologies

PARAMnet is a high speed high bandwidth low latency network developed for the PARAM series. The original PARAMnet used a 8 port cascadable non-blocking switch developed by C-DAC. Each port provided 400 Mb/s in both directions (thus 2x400 Mbit/s) as it is was a full-duplex network. It was first used in PARAM 10000.

PARAMnet II, introduced with PARAM Padma, is capable of 2.5 Gb/s while working full-duplex. It supports interfaces like Virtual Interface Architecture and Active messages. It uses 8 or 16 port SAN switches. The grid computing network GARUDA is also based on it

PARAM supercomputers are used by both public and private operators for various purposes. As 2008, 52 PARAMs have been deployed, of these 8 are located in Russia, Singapore, Germany and Canada. PARAMs have also been sold to Tanzania, Armenia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Ghana, Myanmar, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam.

I am not bringing out excuses. I am telling you the truth. Because I am in research. Many of our papers in conference don't get into proceedings because we can't get registration fees and travel grants to go there.

I don't know why you are involved with a troller in bashing India. I ask you to first research about these subjects. Rather kkeep away from thread if you don't have anything to say about the real situation in India.

I know about the factors inhibiting research and agree with your reasons.

The fact remains that the OP is bragging about absolute numbers, which is a meaningless metric. What matters are the per-capita, or per-unit-GDP, numbers.

That's like saying India has more doctors than Brazil. Whoop di doo!

I agree 100% with you...............My wife to is doing research..............She couldn't Present Papers in foreign conferences due to same reasons............................

I agree 100% with you...............My wife to is doing research..............She couldn't Present Papers in foreign conferences due to same reasons............................
Has she applied to CSIR, DST etc. Even Microsoft and other companies help in this. But the conference should be well known. My institute disappointed me twice for one of the most important conference in Marketing Science. :cray:

Don't expect to see those word 'per capita' much in this thread.

Post reported.

If you can't refute the facts, take a walk instead of throwing a tantrum.

The thread topic is not about per capita is it ? You wish to change the topic of the thread which is the overall output to per capita output. You are the one who is off-topic bruh.

Dude I know it. You can't do nuclear simulation without super computers. Weather Data processing requires super computers to analyze the data and reach conclusion.

Which Indian University is involved in a nuclear simulation? Remember I am not talking about defense organisations.
And as for the weather forecast and meteorology, 500 Teraflops are sufficient.
India was the first country that came with tsunami warning system.

The fact remains that the OP is bragging about absolute numbers, which is a meaningless metric. What matters are the per-capita, or per-unit-GDP, numbers.
Check the number of Indian and Chinese students in US, UK doing Masters and PhD.

India prepares hell lot of efficient, smart and hard working engineers. Should I tell you the R&D done by Indians in research centers of Microsoft, IBM etc based in India in comparison to US based centers ?

Which Indian University is involved in a nuclear simulation? Remember I am not talking about defense organisations.And as for the weather forecast and meteorology, 500 Teraflops are sufficient.
India was the first country that came with tsunami warning system.
Buddy I am talking about in general. ISRO, DRDO advance labs are different.

Why are you missing the point here. Its about research funding and support to Indian graduate and post-graduate students in Universities nationwide. Read my other posts too.

Keep IITs, BITS, TIFR, IISc etc. in different block.

I am not disputing the quality of Indian researchers. However, when you look at the figures in the context of population, GDP, etc., there is a long way to go.

use-these-tips-to-speed-up-your-computer-snail-300x300.jpg

And we are on our way slow and steady.

India's per capita income is also much lower than all other BRIC countries. Considering how poor India is in relation to other BRICK nations , India is doing a pretty decent job as of now producing the 2nd largest output of research papers.

Much lower per capita income also means much fewer intelligent kids going to school , much fewer schools than there should be and much fewer quality schools than there should be.

Considering the limited means that India has at its disposal being much poorer than the other BRIC nations , India is doing a fine job as of now. This is an achievement. Also, India's research output is one of the fastest growing in the world if you would care to research about it.

But it should improve considering our population size , here I agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom