What's new

Independent #dravidanadu top twitter trend in India

Most of the taxes (most business, personal income and sales (now called GST), import, export) are collected by central gov. Central gov them gives some back to states. The problem is central gov gives Hindi states disproportinanately huge amounts. For every Rs 100 tax collected from Tamil Nadu it gives back Rs 40 where it gives Hindi State UP 170 Rs. It is just looting Tamil Nadu (and similarly other South states)

By the way, the tax chart (the tree) Ashok posted it outdated. States no longer collects sales tax. Sales tax is now called GST and India collects it.

After GST introduction now states depend on centre to distribute revenues instead of collecting on their own?

Lets hope that another Pakistan is not created.

it's MH, especially Mumbai that sends the max tax. Stop lying pls.

Show me where I said TN sends more taxes than MH. I never did.

After GST introduction now states depend on centre to distribute revenues instead of collecting on their own?

Yes. Indian gov collects not only sales tax (GST) but also most corporate/busibess taxes, personal income tax.

Hin-dians want all drug information printed in English and Hindi. What about the state language?

Hin-dians want all drug information printed in English and Hindi. What about the state language?

'Also', does not mean 'only'.
There is only so much lies one can peddle before the lies become too much.

And to those supporting the pharmacies, go and check what govt has asked them to do before you complain.

Modi should make a suggestion for people to NOT eat SHIT. I bet Shit fests will be rage for next few days in India :D

proportionately it's Kashmir which get's highest share.
I am all for stopping money to Kashmir.

And you are wrong, it's MH, especially Mumbai that sends the max tax. Stop lying pls.

How much Kashmir gets from centre? And how much Kashmir generate its own revenues?

Dear lord, same crap ONCE again!!.
Read my name, come to my area, which falls in South AP, bordering TN and say this crap, I dare anyone.

I doubt that person would last 5 minutes. Search Uyyalawada Reddy and see my name. We come from that people. We will make anyone who dares to go against India, scream because we are drilling new holes for them to shit :D

#Dravidanadu on Twitter: Can a pressure group of southern states take on New Delhi?

Conceptually, Dravidanadu is a separate nation geographically identified with South India and whose inhabitants belong to the Dravidian race, in contrast to the North Indian Aryans. It is not a new idea. One of the first thinkers to propound the concept was the Dravidian movement in Tamil Nadu led by the social reformer EV Ramasamy, popularly known as Periyar.

Not surprisingly, much of the positive response to #Dravidanadu tweets came from Tamils in Tamil Nadu.

This twitter war aside, #Dravidanadu does raise some questions: should the concept, in its modern avatar, be seen as a call for secession at all? Can the southern states come together to form a pressure group to “protect” their culture and politics from an increasingly assertive North Indian ruling establishment at the Centre?

Pressure tactic

Given all this, Dravidanadu today seems an impractical idea. However, this does not mean the southern states cannot come together as a pressure group to resist policies such as the beef ban and Hindi imposition, which infringe their cultural practices and are largely driven by North Indian sensibilities.

Together, the five southern states form a formidable grouping given their economic might and human development. They contribute as much as 30% of the country’s tax revenue and continue to grow at healthy rates.

At the moment, there is no evidence to suggest mass support for a separate Dravidian nation. But the threat of secession has cropped up during popular protests such as the one for Jallikattu in Chennai last January, serving the purpose of forcing the Centre to listen to the voice of these states. In that sense, Dravidanadu can act as a check on the Centre’s unilateral policymaking.

If anything, the popularity of the #Dravidanadu hashtag conveys the flawed nature of governance that Narendra Modi’s BJP government has come to represent. By pursuing ideologically-driven policies such as Hindi imposition and cattle slaughter restrictions, the BJP has brought to life a long-forgotten idea. If such alienating policies continue, Twitter may not be the only forum where ideas like Dravidanadu are expressed.

https://scroll.in/article/839026/dr...-group-of-southern-states-challenge-new-delhi

Last edited:
the list you provided is tax revenues centre collected from each state?
Hyderabadi doesnt know how taxes are collected in India.?

Muditu poda dai poramboku

#Dravidanadu on Twitter: Can a pressure group of southern states take on New Delhi?

Conceptually, Dravidanadu is a separate nation geographically identified with South India and whose inhabitants belong to the Dravidian race, in contrast to the North Indian Aryans. It is not a new idea. One of the first thinkers to propound the concept was the Dravidian movement in Tamil Nadu led by the social reformer EV Ramasamy, popularly known as Periyar.

Not surprisingly, much of the positive response to #Dravidanadu tweets came from Tamils in Tamil Nadu.

This twitter war aside, #Dravidanadu does raise some questions: should the concept, in its modern avatar, be seen as a call for secession at all? Can the southern states come together to form a pressure group to “protect” their culture and politics from an increasingly assertive North Indian ruling establishment at the Centre?

Pressure tactic

Given all this, Dravidanadu today seems an impractical idea. However, this does not mean the southern states cannot come together as a pressure group to resist policies such as the beef ban and Hindi imposition, which infringe their cultural practices and are largely driven by North Indian sensibilities.

Together, the five southern states form a formidable grouping given their economic might and human development. They contribute as much as 30% of the country’s tax revenue and continue to grow at healthy rates.

At the moment, there is no evidence to suggest mass support for a separate Dravidian nation. But the threat of secession has cropped up during popular protests such as the one for Jallikattu in Chennai last January, serving the purpose of forcing the Centre to listen to the voice of these states. In that sense, Dravidanadu can act as a check on the Centre’s unilateral policymaking.

If anything, the popularity of the #Dravidanadu hashtag conveys the flawed nature of governance that Narendra Modi’s BJP government has come to represent. By pursuing ideologically-driven policies such as Hindi imposition and cattle slaughter restrictions, the BJP has brought to life a long-forgotten idea. If such alienating policies continue, Twitter may not be the only forum where ideas like Dravidanadu are expressed.

https://scroll.in/article/839026/dr...-group-of-southern-states-challenge-new-delhi

Lol Scroll.in a congressi propaganda mouthpiece

Lol Scroll.in a congressi propaganda mouthpiece

They should rename themselves as troll.in

I am guessing that certain sections on PDF think that south India is not patriotic or not Hindu.
These morons have no idea about South!
We are rabid Hindus. These people should visit Tirumala. That single temple probably earns more than half the countries in the world :D

The desperate tactics of these bozos.

Pakistanis trying desperately!

It makes me chuckle !

Back
Top Bottom