What's new

Incredible India - Tourism places

Appreciate your effort, still to cover lot of places like beautiful beaches in Goa,skyscraper's in Mumbai, beautiful landscapes in Himachal pradesh,forts in Delhi,temples in punjab,national parks in madhya pradesh,beautiful structures in orissa,beautiful landscapes in NE,beautiful andaman,lakshadeep islands etc are some of them....India has every thing in one pack.

I don't know that much about several regions in India, including Himachal, the North-East, MP and the island territories.

Coming back to my list:

Karnataka:

1. Humpi: Ancient ruins of Vijaynagar Empire.
2. Jog Falls: I think the most famous of India's waterfalls.
3. Mysore: Palaces and temples. The road from Mysore leads to a Tibetan settlement in the heart of Peninsular India!
4. Coorg: Beautiful hill station with coffee plantaitons, hiking trails and nature reserve.
5. Belur/Halebid: Temple towns and archeological sites. I think the Gomateshwara statute is also located here.
6. Bangalore: While I have left out all the other major cities in this list, I have to cover Bangalore. I have been to Bangalore and it is a great city. The weather is beautiful, it's green and full of Parks. There is a vibrant social scene and the people are awesome. There are many sites to see in Bangalore, but really, more than anything else, it is the most cosmopolitan place in South Asia. Also the best place for young people to party and chill out!!!

Bihar:

1. Gaya/Bodh Gaya: Famous Buddhist pilgrimage centre. Gautam Buddha attained nirvana here.
2. Nalanda/Rajgir: Temple towns and archeological site. Also the seat of an ancient university. I am not sure whether it is older than Taxila university though.
3. Patna: In its avatar as the capital of the Mauryan Empire, Patliputra was the largest and most prosperous city in the world; by some distance. The Mauryan Empire was also the most powerful empire of its time and Chandragupta Maurya was an absolute dude!!! And by the way, for Pakistanis reading this, unlike what we are taught back home, so was Chanaka/Kautilya. We are taught that he was cunning; what we are not taught is that he was a visionary like no other.

Okay I am tired. India has more places to see than any human can count. And by see I mean experience. It has the richest and most diverse history and culture in the world, some of the most beautiful natural sights, and overall, some of the friendliest people around.

I hope I live long enough to go back there some day.

I don't know that much about several regions in India, including Himachal, the North-East, MP and the island territories.

Coming back to my list:

Karnataka:

1. Humpi: Ancient ruins of Vijaynagar Empire.
2. Jog Falls: I think the most famous of India's waterfalls.
3. Mysore: Palaces and temples. The road from Mysore leads to a Tibetan settlement in the heart of Peninsular India!
4. Coorg: Beautiful hill station with coffee plantaitons, hiking trails and nature reserve.
5. Belur/Halebid: Temple towns and archeological sites. I think the Gomateshwara statute is also located here.
6. Bangalore: While I have left out all the other major cities in this list, I have to cover Bangalore. I have been to Bangalore and it is a great city. The weather is beautiful, it's green and full of Parks. There is a vibrant social scene and the people are awesome. There are many sites to see in Bangalore, but really, more than anything else, it is the most cosmopolitan place in South Asia. Also the best place for young people to party and chill out!!!

Bihar:

1. Gaya/Bodh Gaya: Famous Buddhist pilgrimage centre. Gautam Buddha attained nirvana here.
2. Nalanda/Rajgir: Temple towns and archeological site. Also the seat of an ancient university. I am not sure whether it is older than Taxila university though.
3. Patna: In its avatar as the capital of the Mauryan Empire, Patliputra was the largest and most prosperous city in the world; by some distance. The Mauryan Empire was also the most powerful empire of its time and Chandragupta Maurya was an absolute dude!!! And by the way, for Pakistanis reading this, unlike what we are taught back home, so was Chanaka/Kautilya. We are taught that he was cunning; what we are not taught is that he was a visionary like no other.

Okay I am tired. India has more places to see than any human can count. And by see I mean experience. It has the richest and most diverse history and culture in the world, some of the most beautiful natural sights, and overall, some of the friendliest people around.

I hope I live long enough to go back there some day.

By the way, some of the images posted here are amazing. Especially the ones of Kerala, Lakshadweep and Meghalaya are surreal. Thanks to all the members for posting them.

Bomdila, Anuachal Pradesh

Bomdila Monastery

1445.jpg

bomdila-monastery-arunachal-pradesh.jpg
bomdila-monastery.jpg

View from Bomdila view point
Bomdila-7583_1.JPG
bomdila-view-point.jpg

Road to Tawang
DSC04655.jpg
IMG_1319.JPG

Country Latest Posts