What's new

Incredible India - Tourism places

Sorry mate i misspelled his name and actually it is "Dr William S Sax" i tried to find the link in youtube but got failed. Anyway Dr sax is famous in Nauti area as Nautiyal ji, because he was adopted by one of Nautiyal and i also forgot his name. I heard about him a lot and i am also from near by to Nauti. He lived there about 10-12 years and he did his research in Puchyara and bhoot pisach kind of things. He is very good in speaking garhwali language and hindi and i bet if u saw him in our area you cant recognize him as a foreigner but as a typical garhwali in kurta paijama as i also thought when i first time saw him in nauti. He is far better intellectual than our JNU people.
His best work emerge as the findings of roopkund mistry.
Universität Heidelberg, Südasien-Institut, Abteilung für Ethnologie

Bones Of A Riddle | Hari Menon | Nov 08,2004

Mystery of Skeleton Lake solved: Scientists reveal bones found around edges of Indian lake belonged to hundreds of 9th century tribesmen who died in freak hail storm | Daily Mail Online

ohh i was unaware of this.......interesting.... Thanks mate...:enjoy:

Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world and is one of the five and the highest Panch Kedar temples located in the mountain range of Tunganath in Rudraprayag district, in the Indianstate of Uttarakhand. The Tunganath (literal meaning: Lord of the peaks) mountains form the Mandakini and Alaknanda river valleys. Located at an altitude of 3,680 m (12,073 ft), and just below the peak of Chandrashila, Tungnath temple is the highest Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is believed to be 1000 years old and is the second in the pecking order of the Panch Kedars. It has a rich legend linked to the Pandavas, heroes of the Mahabharataepic.

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
11.jpg
5 (1).jpg
34.jpg
36.jpg
51.jpg

Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world and is one of the five and the highest Panch Kedar temples located in the mountain range of Tunganath in Rudraprayag district, in the Indianstate of Uttarakhand. The Tunganath (literal meaning: Lord of the peaks) mountains form the Mandakini and Alaknanda river valleys. Located at an altitude of 3,680 m (12,073 ft), and just below the peak of Chandrashila, Tungnath temple is the highest Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is believed to be 1000 years old and is the second in the pecking order of the Panch Kedars. It has a rich legend linked to the Pandavas, heroes of the Mahabharataepic.

View attachment 245225 View attachment 245226 View attachment 245227 View attachment 245228 View attachment 245229 View attachment 245230 View attachment 245231 View attachment 245232

So beautiful like right out of a fairyland. Those rhododendron forests are amazing.

Madhyamaheshwar (Sanskrit: मध्यमहेश्वर) or Madmaheshwar is a Hindu temple dedicated to god Shiva, located in the Mansoona village of GarhwalHimalayas in Uttarakhand, India. Situated at an elevation of 3,497 m (11,473.1 ft), it is the fourth temple to be visited in the Panch Kedar pilgrimage circuit, comprising five Shiva temples in the Garhwal region. The other temples in the circuit include: Kedarnath, Tungnath and Rudranath to be visited before Madmaheshwar and Kalpeshwar to be visited after Madmaheshwar. The middle (madhya) or belly part or navel (nabhi) of the bull, considered a divine form of Shiva, is worshipped at this temple, believed to be built by the Pandavas, the heroes of the Hindu epic Mahabharata......

Around Madhyamaheshwar

IMG_0969.JPG
IMG_1060.JPG
IMG_1061.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG
IMG_1076.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1270.JPG

Madhyamaheshwar (Sanskrit: मध्यमहेश्वर) or Madmaheshwar is a Hindu temple dedicated to god Shiva, located in the Mansoona village of GarhwalHimalayas in Uttarakhand, India. Situated at an elevation of 3,497 m (11,473.1 ft), it is the fourth temple to be visited in the Panch Kedar pilgrimage circuit, comprising five Shiva temples in the Garhwal region. The other temples in the circuit include: Kedarnath, Tungnath and Rudranath to be visited before Madmaheshwar and Kalpeshwar to be visited after Madmaheshwar. The middle (madhya) or belly part or navel (nabhi) of the bull, considered a divine form of Shiva, is worshipped at this temple, believed to be built by the Pandavas, the heroes of the Hindu epic Mahabharata......

Around Madhyamaheshwar

View attachment 245435 View attachment 245436 View attachment 245437 View attachment 245438 View attachment 245439 View attachment 245440 View attachment 245441 View attachment 245442

Nice temples dedicated to lord Shiva

Nice temples dedicated to lord Shiva
These are the panch kedars dedicated to Lord Shiva and have link of their creation to Pandavas of Mahabharatha..
there is strict order of visit to all theses temples ...and it goes like this..
1- Kedarnath
2- Tungnath
3 - RudraNath
4 -Madhyamaheshwara
5 - Kalpeshwara

out of 5 Kedarnath is the main Temple...
similar to panch kedars..there are panch Badri also .dedicated to Lord Vishnu..i will try to summeraize all :-)

Around Madhyamaheshwar

View attachment 245435 View attachment 245436 View attachment 245437 View attachment 245438 View attachment 245439 View attachment 245440 View attachment 245441 View attachment 245442

Wow yaar epic...

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom