What's new

Incredible India! Muslim man from Kerala builds, prays at Hindu shrine

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
MANGALURU: A 65-year-old man from Kerala built a shrine for demigod Koragajja and has been offering daily and special poojas for 19 years now, sending a strong message of communal harmony in Dakshina Kannada district.
A resident of Chittalancheri village in Palakkad district of Kerala, P Qasim Sahib came to Karnataka along with his family in search of a job about 35 years ago and settled down in Kavatharu in Mulki taluk, about 40km from Mangaluru.

81884314.jpg

While his family comprising wife and five children was going through a rough patch, he suffered an injury on his leg, forcing him to approach a village paatri (priest) to chalk out the road ahead. That was when he was advised to build a temple for Koragajja, a demigod revered in coastal districts. He built the temple on a small piece of land - a stone's throw from his house - in Kavatharu which comes under Balkunje panchayat.

Every day, Sahib says, about 50 devotees offer prayers at the Koragajja shrine, which also has idols of Koragathi, besides a dedicated shrine for Durgaparameshwari. The temple conducts kolotsava every two years with bedecked deities being taken around the temple complex in ceremonial splendor. The village has a population of 1,500, and devotees from all castes and religions visit the shrine.

81884334.jpg

As paatri of the shrine, Sahib has been listening to the problems of devotees, who visit the shrine regularly. He offers a solution by giving sandal paste as prasadam of Koragajja to the devotees.
Sahib recalls, "After I built a house on land allotted by the gram panchayat 35 years ago, I ran into a few problems. The darshana paatri of the village said Koragajja was earlier worshipped near my house. Hence, I decided to start worshipping Koragajja and other daivas here," he said.

Doesn't matter. He will still be lynched.

When nominal Muslims exhibit some semblance of polytheism, it becomes a symbol of "communal harmony". But when Hindus eat Biryani and listen to the Azaan it becomes "minority appeasement".

MANGALURU: A 65-year-old man from Kerala built a shrine for demigod Koragajja and has been offering daily and special poojas for 19 years now, sending a strong message of communal harmony in Dakshina Kannada district.
A resident of Chittalancheri village in Palakkad district of Kerala, P Qasim Sahib came to Karnataka along with his family in search of a job about 35 years ago and settled down in Kavatharu in Mulki taluk, about 40km from Mangaluru.

81884314.jpg

While his family comprising wife and five children was going through a rough patch, he suffered an injury on his leg, forcing him to approach a village paatri (priest) to chalk out the road ahead. That was when he was advised to build a temple for Koragajja, a demigod revered in coastal districts. He built the temple on a small piece of land - a stone's throw from his house - in Kavatharu which comes under Balkunje panchayat.

Every day, Sahib says, about 50 devotees offer prayers at the Koragajja shrine, which also has idols of Koragathi, besides a dedicated shrine for Durgaparameshwari. The temple conducts kolotsava every two years with bedecked deities being taken around the temple complex in ceremonial splendor. The village has a population of 1,500, and devotees from all castes and religions visit the shrine.

81884334.jpg

As paatri of the shrine, Sahib has been listening to the problems of devotees, who visit the shrine regularly. He offers a solution by giving sandal paste as prasadam of Koragajja to the devotees.
Sahib recalls, "After I built a house on land allotted by the gram panchayat 35 years ago, I ran into a few problems. The darshana paatri of the village said Koragajja was earlier worshipped near my house. Hence, I decided to start worshipping Koragajja and other daivas here," he said.

he is real indian .
Doesn't matter. He will still be lynched.

When nominal Muslims exhibit some semblance of polytheism, it becomes a symbol of "communal harmony". But when Hindus eat Biryani and listen to the Azaan it becomes "minority appeasement".

you have problem with him because he is worshipping at hindu mandir . many hindus worship at muslim majars . this is secular india people from all religions go to each others shrines and worship there .

This is the real reason, he was threatened, maybe someone asked him to vacate the land for a Hindu shrine. Learn to read between the lines. Why would any follower of Islam, ever want to bow to some stone statue.

Last edited:
I don’t want to troll, but either you are a Hindu or a Muslim. Stop this BS please! Respect that you are different from each other, you can live in peace without violating basic rules of your religion.

81884314.jpg

81884334.jpg

The above man must be @jamahir

TBH, were these people EVER TRUE Muslims in the first place?
Much respect to this Indian man.

:rofl: :rofl:

You can be Muslim and still show deep cultural appreciation of Hinduism...as Dravidian Hindu culture is indigenous to India
Imran Khan is building regions most expensive mandir in Islamabad.

would love a link....It would be really nice to have a grand HIndu temple in Islamabad

I don’t want to troll, but either you are a Hindu or a Muslim. Stop this BS please! Respect that you are different from each other, you can live in peace without violating basic rules of your religion.

But these guys have NEVER EVER been real Muslims in the first place. But then again, doesn't this just prove that the creation of Pakistan was in fact a divine act? I believe so. In fact, I believe that Pakistanis are God's chosen people.

Back
Top Bottom