What's new

incredible india and the truth about real india

@Chinese-Dragon: you are right. But if we look at the regions,it's economy,educational facilities we might get an idea.Also a deep study on the criminal's psychology may help as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
with close to 84 news channels running 24/7 what else can you expect?

Important Question to ask is Why Post-2000, GOI (both NDA & UPA) have allowed so many channels to flourish (I don't think even US has so many channels)???

It's not a NEWS REVOLUTION but can be called as NEWS OVERDOSE.

+ If some news corporation is guilty of False Reporting, than why isn't it's License revoked by the GOI??

MEDIA has been Portrayed as the FOURTH pillar of Democracy.

If they astray from there path of enlightening the common populace & instead falls for the greed of profits than Democracy is in serious trouble.

Sadly the 24*7*365*infinity MEDIA in India is not Driven by the Goal of Strengthening Democracy but of Strengthening there Bank-Balance.

Really missed the days of Doordarshan News :)

I don't mind free media, here in Hong Kong most media houses use their freedom in a responsible manner.

But there should be limits. Unfortunately, the most sensationalist papers are often the best-selling papers in each respective area. Like Fox News in America, or the Daily Mail in the UK, like the Times of India in India, or the Apple Daily here.

(My city Hong Kong SAR is a part of China that has a constitutional guarantee of free speech and media).

India does have problem with women. Indian men are sexually immature and won't lose a chance to grope them. That said , violence against women in India is pretty less in intensity and numbers, statistically speaking. Our media chooses a flavor for every season to make it into a story. This year it is rape. That's it.

I do agree with what you said.
There was one case a few years back in Goa where a young British woman was raped and killed. The outrage that is seen now was not shown then.

I also have a problem with what is happening in our country. The problem is two fold.
1) Respect for other women as our mothers.
2) Respect for guests as gods.
These incidents are in total violation of what has been taught to most of us. That points to a loss of morals in our society atleast to some extent.
It is important for us to look at the numbers and check if these incidents have gone up. If they have, I am all for the news media to point them out and ensure that these things are taken care of.
If this is just TRP stunt that would mean I have to add news media to the league of politicians in not trusting them.

Based on the ratio of people to rape incidents India is not in the top of the table,

@Oscar

the statistics say that in India rape occurrences to population ratio is very low compared to other countries

Below are the statastics

Rape statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Surprisingly sweden is ranked number one, the threat in India is exaggerated.

I don't think any nation has a inclination for rape,degenerates live among every nation of the world
About Sweden ,well it ain't the actual swedes who are doing the raping but a certain "peace loving,migratory,non indigenous" minority on the acount that "the infidel deserves it".Need I say more?:whistle: And what is happenning in Sweden tells us a lot about a certain groups inclination to actually use rape en masse to punish their adversaries( imaginary ones if you ask me).

Going by the current trend, I think that the name of this PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORUM should be CONVERTED to INDIAN SOCIAL ISSUES FORUM....:)

Important Question to ask is Why Post-2000, GOI (both NDA & UPA) have allowed so many channels to flourish (I don't think even US has so many channels)???

It's not a NEWS REVOLUTION but can be called as NEWS OVERDOSE.

+ If some news corporation is guilty of False Reporting, than why isn't it's License revoked by the GOI??

For one most are in the vernacular languages of the regions. second the govt did want to monitor the contents which were being broadcasted (especially after times now lost a 100 cr defamation suit ) , but the channels protested and formed their own regulatory mechanism . as such there is no law which prevents the number of Chanels one can have .

I do agree with what you said.
There was one case a few years back in Goa where a young British woman was raped and killed. The outrage that is seen now was not shown then.

I also have a problem with what is happening in our country. The problem is two fold.
1) Respect for other women as our mothers.
2) Respect for guests as gods.
These incidents are in total violation of what has been taught to most of us. That points to a loss of morals in our society atleast to some extent.
It is important for us to look at the numbers and check if these incidents have gone up. If they have, I am all for the news media to point them out and ensure that these things are taken care of.
If this is just TRP stunt that would mean I have to add news media to the league of politicians in not trusting them.
How do we achieve this?

The conservative culture is partly to be blamed for this. Because women are segregated and off limits to men everywhere, they pounce at the first chance they get. All ladies only compartments have to be stopped and let men and women get along a little freely . Remnants of feudalism like Khap panchayat must be abolished .

Women themselves must be empowered with education and employment .

All this media shytestorm if it leads to protecting even one woman is worth it.

Some delusional macho people living in their fantasy land is not our concern.

All this media shytestorm if it leads to protecting even one woman is worth it.

Some delusional macho people living in their fantasy land is not our concern.

I think media attention for such crimes is always not good. though it creates awareness, it also gives ideas for budding criminals(or perverts) resulting in copycat crimes. There must be a balance.

I think media attention for such crimes is always not good. though it creates awareness, it also gives ideas for budding criminals(or perverts) resulting in copycat crimes. There must be a balance.

Very valid point, I though about writing it but thought this forum is not mature enough to get it.

In certain countries journalists do not print news of suicides, because its been observed that these lead to copycat acts,

Based on the ratio of people to rape incidents India is not in the top of the table,

@Oscar

the statistics say that in India rape occurrences to population ratio is very low compared to other countries

Below are the statastics

Rape statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Surprisingly sweden is ranked number one, the threat in India is exaggerated.

What is population of India and what is the population of Sweden? Your logic to win favor is totally skewed.

Back
Top Bottom