What's new

Inappropriate Language...

yara what usage. bharti is a simple plain commonly used word in Urdu for word "Indian". A while back I was watching Dawn's programme Zara Hat k and there was one segment on Indian media's recent fake videos about Pakistan and it was called "Bharti Media ki jay ho".

All in all it is obvious Indians when left with no serious matter to discuss after their big chest-thumbing over "surgical strikes", now have become too touchy to cry about anything including the word bharti.

They came up with absurd imagination like "Pakistani posters are insulting hindu godess" for God's sake not even I knew that there is a godess named bharti and if there is why Indians are not feeling insulted when corporate companies are named as bharti in India.

This is uncalled for touchiness when these bharatis come up with all kinds of name calling in BD forum section where they call every other member as razakar/rajakar, terrorists, islamists etc etc who does not support Indian view.

We already know that which is why all the needless semantics and smart alec comments are pretty worthless to us. If it is a valid complaint which makes common sense based on history and common occurance, we handle it; if it is just someone trying to waste our time. At least I'll stick to continue more important stuff like consuming my blueberry smoothie.

Oscar out.

I sympathize with the webmaster, the site has seen tremendous improvements in terms of features, and management, and still people keep complaining.

People read 99 per cent Indians who want mods to allow every kind of anti-Pakistan Indian propaganda which is ok BTW we have already allowed that but these people along with that want mods to ban any kind of counter argument by Pakistani members.

Your members openly called our army as "terrorists" still we tolerate them.

What else you people want when you call Pakistani actors and actresses shameless for working in India and call for total ban and still those Indian members come flocking to PDF as if shame is a one-way road.

People read 99 per cent Indians who want mods to allow every kind of anti-Pakistan Indian propaganda which is ok BTW we have already allowed that but these people along with that want mods to ban any kind of counter argument by Pakistani members.

What else you people want when you call Pakistani actors and actresses shameless for working in India and call for total ban and still those Indian members come flocking to PDF as if shame is a one-way road.

I am not sure what the first paragraph meant, because I couldn't follow it.

as for the rest,
there are no "My" members here, I am not running a cult, just to be specific, I am just another member and not leader of all Indians here. I have been here for quite a while and I haven't called for any ban on any content in India. If anything I would be more than happy if there was no censorship on creative content in India, but that is a different topic.

If anyone calls your army as terrorists, then you should report the post and escalate the issue.

Our Bharti friends need to chill. "Bharti", just like "Cheeni" is a nationality in Urdu.

Most of us have a lot of Bhartis friends in real life, nice people all around (incidently most of my colleagues were from North-West India). We go along pretty well.

I find personally the ones coming from South, South-West India (Mumbai, Bengaluru etc) are hyper-sensitive, may be because being farther from Pakistan?

Just a subjective opinion.

Why do I keep repeating myself? Duh... I don't know...;)

Sir will you agree that this word is used by most of Pakistani posters only and many of the times we see posts with bad context or sentence which we report as well. But it leads to belief in many that due to sheer number of posts and being general this word, they will get away with it and yes most of the time they do get away with it. No more arguments in this my side, I have put my observations in all posts, hope that is well received.

Well, TBH, one with the bad manners doesn't even use an offensive word but lead it in context by twisting the words so a habitual wouldn't change at all. Many get away with most of the things playing it so innocent and do not use offensive language but contexts are being felt obnoxious.

The word Bharti is clearly spoken as I write in Urdu (in my first post at this thread). If you found any post offensive, do report but doing so for the mere word that one side use it as written in National Language and you personally feel it as offensive, is not wise.

Accusations and counter accusations are common, nothing can be done about it. So is propaganda given that not many use facts in comments what is truth for you might be blatant lie for some body else.
But the question is in spite of all these nonsense do they use civilized language? Nothing prevents from ppl agreeing to disagree.

If cheeni is chinese in urdu than how do you say sugar?

I certainly believe all Bharatis (including me) should be banned.. That will help this site come up better in terms of all issues.. Especially since we do loiter and make a mess of the whole forum. Perhaps banning all the IPs from India may do the trick... Bharatis are using this forum primarily for mis-information and false propaganda and hence we use all inappropriate language and references. Basically its a ploy to lure young minds out, teach them all the wrong things and feel good with superiority complex/inferiority complex juggling. Our effort to showcase one single country to be a repeat offender is not working. We need to sit with Sir Doval to see where this strategy failed and come back as a better Unit.

Oh i forgot to add also we Bharatis are the reason that facebook and twitter handle of this site is also a superb area where we have spoiled all the ppl behind that to come up with such opinions and content.. of course our own Bharatis have infiltrated the system, manipulated few and used that for all propaganda.... Now since swiss and Panama things are out, need some more safe heavens to transfer the payments..

I certainly believe all Bharatis (including me) should be banned.. That will help this site come up better in terms of all issues.. Especially since we do loiter and make a mess of the whole forum. Perhaps banning all the IPs from India may do the trick... Bharatis are using this forum primarily for mis-information and false propaganda and hence we use all inappropriate language and references. Basically its a ploy to lure young minds out, teach them all the wrong things and feel good with superiority complex/inferiority complex juggling. Our effort to showcase one single country to be a repeat offender is not working. We need to sit with Sir Doval to see where this strategy failed and come back as a better Unit.

Oh i forgot to add also we Bharatis are the reason that facebook and twitter handle of this site is also a superb area where we have spoiled all the ppl behind that to come up with such opinions and content.. of course our own Bharatis have infiltrated the system, manipulated few and used that for all propaganda.... Now since swiss and Panama things are out, need some more safe heavens to transfer the payments..
I get where this is coming from. But please clam down, emotions are very strong. And i would say the reservations too.

Secondly i reckon we have wasted a lot of time on 'Bharti' or 'Bhartiya'. It's Bharti in Urdu, as long as it is not used inappropriately in a sentence i reckon we are alright with it.

Secondly, please note: continuously violating these rules can also lead to a permanent ban.

Most of the word or phrases which are now considered as a "slang" has non offensive meanings in literal sense.

Why would one use supposedly urdu word "Bharti" in an otherwise English written post? "Indian" go well with English unless you tend to use "bharti" as a slang.

Isn't use of urdu in forums outside member club already banned?

What about words like ugly, skinny Dark, Foreign Monkeys

I just stated a fact most indians are ugly skinny and dark

Why should the history of our land be coopted by these foreign monkeys from the east

Because the fool advising that has little knowledge that within India's own constitution whose official copy is here
http://lawmin.nic.in/olwing/coi/coi-english/coi-4March2016.pdf

states the following in its FIRST CLAUSE
PART I THE UNION AND ITS TERRITORY 1.
(1) India, that is Bharat, shall be a Union of States.
1[(2) The States and the territories thereof shall be as specified in the First Schedule.]
(3) The territory of India shall comprise— (a) the territories of the States; 2[(b) the Union territories specified in the First Schedule; and] (c) such other territories as may be acquired

So essentially your constitution is offensive to you?

@Oscar, that was uncalled for. Everybody knows the context in which 'Bharti', rather than Bharatiya, is used; if you are going to fling our own Constitution at us, then use the correct grammatical term. It is not for nothing that distortions of the word 'Pakistani' by British yobs is concerned a racist slur; that is the same reason why the distortion of 'Bharatiya' is objected to by every single Indian member.

Let me assure you that this fool has read the Constitution, understands its sections, and also understands how those who belong to a country that has not the slightest clue how constitutions work can use ours as a prop to defend their essentially indefensible rudeness and racism.

Corrected, but since Bharati is essentially the other name of saraswati.. it cannot be coined an insult.

Seriously? May I use a religious Islamic term for you or any other poster in sarcasm and get away with it? Your using it in your signature is different; my using it as a sneer is not the same thing. None of those using Bharti is using Saraswati's alternative name; they are consciously using it as a term of contempt.

We already know that which is why all the needless semantics and smart alec comments are pretty worthless to us. If it is a valid complaint which makes common sense based on history and common occurance, we handle it; if it is just someone trying to waste our time. At least I'll stick to continue more important stuff like consuming my blueberry smoothie.

Oscar out.

"Alas, poor Oscar, I knew him well."

Our Bharti friends need to chill. "Bharti", just like "Cheeni" is a nationality in Urdu.

Most of us have a lot of Bhartis friends in real life, nice people all around (incidently most of my colleagues were from North-West India). We go along pretty well.

I find personally the ones coming from South, South-West India (Mumbai, Bengaluru etc) are hyper-sensitive, may be because being farther from Pakistan?

Just a subjective opinion.

Why do I keep repeating myself? Duh... I don't know...;)

You know what?

Try a brave, bold, daring experiment: try doing without use of that offensive word. It doesn't depend on whether you think it offensive or not. It depends on whether we think so. We do.

What happens if you use Indian instead? Some physiological deformation takes place?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom