What's new

Inappropriate Language...

Admin should allow posting in Hinglish etc officially.

Pakistanis mostly use "Urdenglish", a kind of Pakistani English, where so many Urdu words are often used within English sentences.

Every 2nd-3rd Post by Pakistanis is a prime example of that. Nothing wrong with it.

Cheeni pakistan economic corridor. Sounds good.

Distorting Bharatiya to Bharati is same as distorting Pak to ****. But unlike ****, Bharti is not an offensive word. Thosw who use Bharati instead of Bharatiya are ignorant about the actual word, that includes Pakistani media.

As a kid, when I would neglect some chore assigned to me, my old man would say, Get up! Don't be a Bharti Sipahi. A seemingly innocent remark, (as innocent as a Sardar joke made in the absence of a Sikh) remnant of a time when political correctness was perhaps not always the primary concern, which would indeed be in very bad taste, were it to be made in the presence of an Indian. You must realize here that such indulgences are the unsavoury fruit of the same thought process which suggested that one Pakistani Muslim soldier is equal to 10 Hindu Indian soldiers and the one that invented the evil Hindu Bania. While such indulgences may seem harmless in the grand scheme of things, In reality, they are the continuation of the installation of hatred and bigotry that has been handed down to us by previous generations. This forum is joined by impressionable youngsters which are supposed to steer our countries out of this primitive mess that is the South Asia of today. Will they be able to do so if they too are plagued with this curse of hatred and bigotry?

Always give your fellow members the benefit of the doubt. We all expect others to behave respectfully to us when we haven't given them a reason to do otherwise. Please show civility, etiquette, and respect when you converse with someone. If you think that they don't deserve your respect, by all means, ignore them. Treat people as you would treat them in real life. If someone tells you that they don't like to be called by a certain name then don't call them by that name. Isn't that what you would do in real life? If some thinks that I'm being a hypocrite here (I probably am. I cannot always do what I preach) then I would ask their forgiveness.

Thosw who use Bharati instead of Bharatiya are ignorant about the

Calling regional/lingual variation ignorance is an example of ignorance in itself. Words ending with -tiya are usually Sanskrit in origin. Like Bhartiya and Vikramditya.

actual word, that includes Pakistani media.

Why blame the media? I dare you find a single Pakistani printed Urdu book where residents of Bharat are referred to as Bharatiyas. It is Bharati everywhere unless someone is writing BJP in Urdu.

It was on PDF I found the Indians took offence to the word.

Last edited:
Calling regional/lingual variation ignorance is an example of ignorance in itself. Words ending with -tiya are usually Sanskrit in origin. Like Bhartiya and Vikramditya.

Why blame the media? I dare you find a single Pakistani printed Urdu book where residents of Bharat are referred to as Bharatiyas. It is Bharati everywhere unless someone is writing BJP in Urdu.

It was on PDF I found the Indians took offence to the word.
In Indian Urdu it i always called Hindustani or Bharatiya. I have never heard of any Indian Muslim speaking the word Bharati

I have never heard of any Indian Muslim speaking the word Bharati
We are talking of Pakistani Urdu are we not? Languages have variations. The Americans have their own way of spelling words in English and the British their own. Does not mean both are wrong or only one is correct.

As a kid, when I would neglect some chore assigned to me, my old man would say, Get up! Don't be a Bharti Sipahi. A seemingly innocent remark, (as innocent as a Sardar joke made in the absence of a Sikh) remnant of a time when political correctness was perhaps not always the primary concern, which would indeed be in very bad taste, were it to be made in the presence of an Indian. You must realize here that such indulgences are the unsavoury fruit of the same thought process which suggested that one Pakistani Muslim soldier is equal to 10 Hindu Indian soldiers and the one that invented the evil Hindu Bania. While such indulgences may seem harmless in the grand scheme of things, In reality, they are the continuation of the installation of hatred and bigotry that has been handed down to us by previous generations. This forum is joined by impressionable youngsters which are supposed to steer our countries out of this primitive mess that is the South Asia of today. Will they be able to do so if they too are plagued with this curse of hatred and bigotry?

Always give your fellow members the benefit of the doubt. We all expect others to behave respectfully to us when we haven't given them a reason to do otherwise. Please show civility, etiquette, and respect when you converse with someone. If you think that they don't deserve your respect, by all means, ignore them. Treat people as you would treat them in real life. If someone tells you that they don't like to be called by a certain name then don't call them by that name. Isn't that what you would do in real life? If some thinks that I'm being a hypocrite here (I probably am. I cannot always do what I preach) then I would ask their forgiveness.

Post of the thread !! Thank You.

As we all know, its not the word but intent which is offensive. The simplest and purest of the word with sneer can be contemptuous.

SHUT UP all and get real..:laugh: this is just a forum!:girl_cray3: now this is some inappropriate language:p:

Pdfians be Like ...Oyein Oyein ush ni mujeh aeeysha kion bula tu mey ney ush ko ye bula tu ye bula tu wo bula:tsk:

ishtupids:happy:

I think we have given 'tiya' and a 'ti' in a word far too much importance. Just use Indians and everyone is happy.
And here i thought members would make suggestions, fighting and fighting...

I think we have given 'tiya' and a 'ti' in a word far too much importance. Just use Indians and everyone is happy.
And here i thought members would make suggestions, fighting and fighting...

Want to make an elephant out of a fly?

Invite some hyper-sensitive Indians to the discussion/suggestion. You'll find out, everything that you have been doing in your life was wrong! Trouble fully programmed!

I suggest an official warning to anyone displaying distorted maps where Kashmir is shown as part of India;
Or any Indian laying claims to our heritage (such as Ghandhara and IVC);
Or glorifying Indian sponsored terrorism in the region (such as Mukti Bahini, LTTE, BLA, TTP).

This is pure profanity!

PS: To be politically correct: I said "some hyper-sensitive", now lets see how does that one go...

But I thought it was Azad Kashmir

This is a suggestions thread, I can give you a complete history lesson about autonomous territories of Pakistan, open a new thread about that.

This is a suggestions thread, I can give you a complete history lesson about autonomous territories of Pakistan, open a new thread about that.

Why bring Kashmir in Suggestion thread...........History of Kashmir from you ......enough said..............Azad Kashmir.............what a joke.

Back
Top Bottom