What's new

In Turkey, the President Erdogan wants to fight “to the end” against the “atheists and Zoroastr” PKK

I salute Erdogan for this feat alone! All my disgust and contempt is reserved for those Muslim leaders who deliberately neglected this.

PKK is blood thirsty terrorist organization that the west is shamelessly backing. And yes PKK is an atheist organization who doesn't represent the kurds , vast majority of whom are muslims.

Why , what's wrong with he said regarding birth control? And what makes his statement 19th century? And what makes 19th century so bad?

Its ludicrous to compare some right wing bigot like trump with a statesman like Erdogan. Trump is yet to win a local council election and doesn't even have experience in governing a village of a 100 people let alone a country. While Erdogan is a career politician who won enjoys support of nearly 50 % turkish population and has been elected to executive office 4 times in a row. Even your modi pales in comparison to Erdogan's popularity.

Nope. This man is talking sense with regards to birth control issue and stating facts regarding PKK.

PKK is militantly atheist and have Islamophobic tendencies. Kurds and PKK are NOT the same. Infact PKK is a vocal minority among kurds.

Good for turkey. And zia ul Haq wasn't bad for PAK. Rather he proved to be an pragmatic and clever administrator during a very volatile time in PAK's history.

You 2 have been ranting in several threads about "suckularism" and evil Liberal Muslims but here you are cheerleading for one of the most liberal secular Muslim leaders in the world.

Someone like Erdogan in Bd or Pakistan would be branded kuffar by you. He deals in an interest based economy, he works with Israel.. The only gay pride festival in the Muslim world happened under his auspices.

As a secularist, I don't have a problem with any of the above but you hypocrites have changed your colours quite shamelessly. You are both confused about who you are and what you believe in.

Last edited:
You 2 have been ranting in several threads about "suckularism" and evil Liberal Muslims but here you are cheerleading for one of the most liberal secular Muslim leaders in the world.

Someone like Erdogan in Bd or Pakistan would be branded kuffar by you. He deals in an interest based economy, he works with Israel.. The only gay pride festival in the Muslim world happened under his auspices.

As a secularist, I don't have a problem with any of the above but you hypocrites have changed your colours quite shamelessly. You are both confused about who you are and what you believe in.

You are the one who seem to be confused and make flawed presumptions.

Is there anything wrong with what he said about PKK terrorists? I am defending him in what is right and just and I do not get why I should shy away from defending him when he is stating the truth. You seem to be the one having stomach ache about what Erdogan does and says.

I do not label heads of state kafir. Its not my job.

Erdogan is a muslim leader in a muslim majority country and did a lot to make life easier for turkish muslims. That should be appreciated. Lifting the ban on headscarf , increasing imam hatip schools, restricting sale of alcohol, clipping the wings of the militantly islamophobic turkish military, striving to ban abortion , publicly promoting islamic values , reaching out to poor muslims states in Africa and ME, housing millions of refugees, taking a stand against oppression in syria and putting his country's stability at stake for it ,etc etc are many of his good deeds and achievements IMO.

Name a country which doesn't deal with interest banking? Its part of the anti-islamic liberal secular world order that people like you defend. You people are the ones who promote it and then take a gibe at muslims for being unable to stop interest banking that too at the global level .............yet. Isn't this a reflection of the hatred you have against muslims in your heart? Pathetic really.

The socio-political scenario in all muslim countries is NOT the same. What's possible in BD or pakistan is NOT possible in turkey. I believe an Erdogan and AKP gov in BD or PAK would be very different than what it is in turkey. Its depends on the sociopolitical environment and power dynamics in each country. Common sense. Turkey underwent forceful secularization for over nearly a century. Off course the % of seculars and islamophobes would be higher in turkey than any where else in the muslim world. Add to that a largely ignorant muslim population NOT to mention secular state institutions eg. the military and judiciary. Erdogan had to consolidate power after crossing all those barriers. Its a NATO member in a volatile region. SO i am ready to give him benefit of doubt.

I may very well be wrong about him but as a muslim i judge a person based on what is apparent and rational and Erdogan and AKP is better for turkish muslims when compared to the other political forces there. At least the muslims there can do dawah openly, pray openly , men can have the beard while muslims women are NOT prevented from living with dignity. Numerous muslims countries fail in those parameters including secular BD.

You seem to have an abnormal level of beef with PDF members like me that you jumped to conclusions calling me a hypocrite. That's serious obsession on your part.

There is only one Islam and whoever follows that is the true Muslim. "Liberal Muslim", "moderate Muslim", "illiberal Muslim", these are all classification of Muslims by the non-Muslims and therefore, has no bearing on a true Muslim. If you think Erdogan is what westerners call a 'liberal' Muslim then so be it but then again if what you say is true why do you think the west and Erdogan are at loggerheads?

That's what you think but actually those so-called Islamists with 'terrorist' tendencies are actaully propped up by sucular champs like you, the TTP in Pakistan is an example of this. Just let me tell you this much, in Turkey Erdogan has lots of legal restraints, fascists like you won't understand all that.

Of course, you don't have any problem with homosexuality because to propagate such perverted way of life is the motto of all suckular blood suckers. I have no doubt every now and then you indulge in such 'progressive' activities. You know what, your suckular Russian buddies aren't very enthusiastic about homos like you in Russia, in Russia homos like you are ruthlessly persecuted; aren't you going to criticize their hypocrisy?

Last edited:
What's wrong with Zoroastrianism?
View attachment 308432

Being disproportionately awesome is what is wrong with them. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsi#Prominent_Parsis

A Parsi who earns less than Rs 90,000 ($1500) a month is poor by the definition of the religious council and is entitled for sops like a flat, health insurance etc. Mind you this is in India, one of the least if not the least expensive place in the world.

Unfortunately, they will be extinct in a generation or two.

Why didn't Turkey help the Iraqi Turkmens when they were getting slaughtered by ISIS savages (i.e. Erdogan's friends) back in 2014?
We explained that situation to you...but you repeat the same questions and sentences like a parrot.

1-) We couldn't act directly as isis had 80 Turkish citizens as hostages
2-) We tried to help indirectly by arming KRG that were fighting against isis.

I wonder, how many times do i have to repeat, to make you understand.

There is only one Islam and whoever follows that is the true Muslim. "Liberal Muslim", "moderate Muslim", "illiberal Muslim", these are all classification of Muslims by the non-Muslims and therefore, has no bearing on a true Muslim. If you think Erdogan is what westerners call a 'liberal' Muslim then so be it but then again if what you say is true why do you think the west and Erdogan are at loggerheads?

That's what you think but actually those so-called Islamists with 'terrorist' tendencies are actaully propped up by sucular champs like you, the TTP in Pakistan is an example of this. Just let me tell you this much, in Turkey Erdogan has lots of legal restraints, fascists like you won't understand all that.

Of course, you don't have any problem with homosexuality because to propagate such perverted way of life is the motto of all suckular blood suckers. I have no doubt every now and then you indulge in such 'progressive' activities. You know what, your suckular Russian buddies aren't very enthusiastic about homos like you in Russia, in Russia homos like you are ruthlessly persecuted; aren't you going to criticize their hypocrisy?

If liberal Muslim, moderate Muslim are all labels made up by the West - so why have you been insulting "suckular" Muslims all over this site?

Erdogan has proved that being secular and being Muslim are not mutually exclusive. So either embrace secular society or reject it, why the double standards?

You are the one who seem to be confused and make flawed presumptions.

Is there anything wrong with what he said about PKK terrorists? I am defending him in what is right and just and I do not get why I should shy away from defending him when he is stating the truth. You seem to be the one having stomach ache about what Erdogan does and says.

I do not label heads of state kafir. Its not my job.

Erdogan is a muslim leader in a muslim majority country and did a lot to make life easier for turkish muslims. That should be appreciated. Lifting the ban on headscarf , increasing imam hatip schools, restricting sale of alcohol, clipping the wings of the militantly islamophobic turkish military, striving to ban abortion , publicly promoting islamic values , reaching out to poor muslims states in Africa and ME, housing millions of refugees, taking a stand against oppression in syria and putting his country's stability at stake for it ,etc etc are many of his good deeds and achievements IMO.

Name a country which doesn't deal with interest banking? Its part of the anti-islamic liberal secular world order that people like you defend. You people are the ones who promote it and then take a gibe at muslims for being unable to stop interest banking that too at the global level .............yet. Isn't this a reflection of the hatred you have against muslims in your heart? Pathetic really.

The socio-political scenario in all muslim countries is NOT the same. What's possible in BD or pakistan is NOT possible in turkey. I believe an Erdogan and AKP gov in BD or PAK would be very different than what it is in turkey. Its depends on the sociopolitical environment and power dynamics in each country. Common sense. Turkey underwent forceful secularization for over nearly a century. Off course the % of seculars and islamophobes would be higher in turkey than any where else in the muslim world. Add to that a largely ignorant muslim population NOT to mention secular state institutions eg. the military and judiciary. Erdogan had to consolidate power after crossing all those barriers. Its a NATO member in a volatile region. SO i am ready to give him benefit of doubt.

I may very well be wrong about him but as a muslim i judge a person based on what is apparent and rational and Erdogan and AKP is better for turkish muslims when compared to the other political forces there. At least the muslims there can do dawah openly, pray openly , men can have the beard while muslims women are NOT prevented from living with dignity. Numerous muslims countries fail in those parameters including secular BD.

You seem to have an abnormal level of beef with PDF members like me that you jumped to conclusions calling me a hypocrite. That's serious obsession on your part.

Why are you being philosophical about things now? You opened several threads to prove that secularism is wrong. You opened several threads bashing "moderate" Muslims. Now we find you waxing lyrical about the epitome of Muslim secular leadership.

I think every Muslim country should be like Turkey - a cultured, majority Muslim country with secular government and wide personal freedom. You admire that in Turkey but you don't want it in your own country. That's not common sense it's hypocrisy. All of the things you mentioned such as dawah, praying openly, etc are already legal in Bd. Why don't you appreciate that for a change.

And no it doesn't take centuries to change people, Iran became a theocracy virtually overnight. Bangladesh is pretty much secular already, so your point is moot.

Ps. I don't have any interest in your kind because I know the limitations of your thought processes. But you're the one making silly threads and tagging people. Which is why I don't bother replying to you 2 half the time.

If liberal Muslim, moderate Muslim are all labels made up by the West - so why have you been insulting "suckular" Muslims all over this site?

Erdogan has proved that being secular and being Muslim are not mutually exclusive. So either embrace secular society or reject it, why the double standards?

This is the problem with the secular people in our societies, the moment they get a befitting reply they start playing the victim card. Show where I insulted you? Why do you have to impose suckularism if it is so sweet? Where does your liberal attitude wash away when you impose your ideas upon others? Suckular people like you are the most intolerant people in Muslim societies, they consider the state as their personal property and anything or anyone who comes between your never ending greed becomes target of your persecution.

This is the problem with the secular people in our societies, the moment they get a befitting reply they start playing the victim card. Show where I insulted you? Why do you have to impose suckularism if it is so sweet? Where does your liberal attitude wash away when you impose your ideas upon others? Suckular people like you are the most intolerant people in Muslim societies, they consider the state as their personal property and anything or anyone who comes between your never ending greed becomes target of your persecution.

??? Once again you've become incoherent. Calling people "suckular" is your version of an insult isn't it? I'm not playing the victim card, I'm showing you your own hypocrisy.

I think you are misunderstanding the secular vs religious governance debate. An ideal secular society tolerates all faiths but does not mix any religion into its law-making. How is this intolerant? Ps. Turkey is a secular society.

Same applies to Salahuddin Ayyubi.

its sad to never hear from nureddin zengi.. the one who carved the way for salahaddin.. salah ad din sayed without nureddin there wouldn't be a salah ad din.. maybe the west love for selah ad din did a big impact on muslims..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom