What's new

In Turkey, the President Erdogan wants to fight “to the end” against the “atheists and Zoroastr” PKK

Yes, but to a certain degree....We can still say, Sharia rules...but not as strict as Saudi Arabia, right ?
Officially it was "sharia" up untill 1923. But a lot of rights were given to Christian minorities due to European pressure when we opened our borders to them. That's why Christians were the richest minority in the Empire, richer than the rest of the population actually. As if that was not enough, we handed over state institutions to European powers because we couldn't pay back our debt. These were called capitulations, and when Enver and Young Turks revolted in 1908 and installed constitutional monarchy and after we decided to enter the WW1, Enver and company chose to annul all the capitulations. During the 1800s so many things went on in the Empire, the Sultans acknowledged the weakness of the Empire after losing almost all our wars to Russia and they went on with the Tanzimat reforms as a last attempt to catch up to Europeans, it failed because the Europeans simply took over our economy and we had no literacy, no train tracks nothing to back up the Empire.

Saudi Arabian Sharia is a concept i haven't understood. They are talking about Islamic values, but almost none of their own ppl work, all imported service people. They sit on their oil money and play rich in their big houses. With imported European cars and stuff

Last edited:
Pretty ironic you state this when you were the one that questioned the morality of others in the first place, Which irked many Turks and others in equal terms.. I dont think anybody questioned you about your beliefs but it was you that questioned others about theirs.. I think first you need to reflect yourself on the mirror mate

To reiterate.. Religious or atheist, Secular or fundamentalist, Faith has to be personal as it meant to be
It was always personal to me, until I started hearing hateful things from westerners and their stooges. That is the entire point that I'm trying to illustrate. And once I am subjected to such verbal abuse replying back becomes 'intolerant', but allowing others to insult my religion/culture/ethos is considered freedom of speech.

What kind of trolling double standards are these type of arguments?

What is it that I honestly want? I want to be able to practice Islam, without having people hurl hateful comments. Just as I let other people live, I want to be given the right to practice what I practice without being harassed. I want to live by the morals that I was taught by my grandfather. What is so wrong in that?
You can do that mate. You have the right to do that, no one can infringe upon your rights to practice your religion freely. And if people insult you, the best thing is to ignore and continue as you live your life :). I've seen such types on this forum after i joined again, they just went on with their typical insults. There is a button called ignore, it worked wonders for me.

I have to go, need to work on my thesis :)

Last edited:
It was always personal to me, until I started hearing hateful things from westerners and their stooges. That is the entire point that I'm trying to illustrate. And once I am subjected to such verbal abuse replying back becomes 'intolerant', but allowing others to insult my religion/culture/ethos is considered freedom of speech.

Trolling ? You gotta be kidding ? Did anybody insult you or your religion here ? Not that i noticed, Yet you went on a rant questioned the faith of other people without any provocation, Which you have no right to just like nobody else has to question yours.. Why do you think majority of Turkish members here are irked by your assumptions on them ?

The only double standards i see is from you.. While crying blue murder on people who supposedly insulted your Islam you question others of theirs, You cant try to impose values to deem fit for you on other people and expect them not to retaliate

You can do that mate. You have the right to do that, no one can infringe upon your rights to practice your religion freely. And if people insult you, the best thing is to ignore and continue as you live your life :). I've seen such types on this forum after i joined again, they just went on with their typical insults. There is a button called ignore, it worked wonders for me.

I have to go, need to work on my thesis :)

You are right brother, but such impatience becomes very difficult when you have to be subjected by the burden of insults and ignorance from the unbelievers. They believe it is their fundamental right to not only critique but insult our religion, when we are not forcing it down their throats, but God forbid we give them an answer back. We become backwards, neanderthals, cave men, oppressive, and all of the other words they learn from CNN type new channels. Anyways, I must go because it almost time for Sehri. I need to get ready for prayers and food. I will probably drink 1 gallon of water for the day ahead. Hahaha. As always, it was a pleasure talking to you and learning a lot of things from you about Turkey and religion. Salam.

Trolling ? You gotta be kidding ? Did anybody insult you or your religion here ? Not that i noticed, Yet you went on a rant questioned the faith of other people without any provocation, Which you have no right to just like nobody else has to question yours.. Why do you think majority of Turkish members here are irked by your assumptions on them ?

The only double standards i see is from you.. While crying blue murder on people who supposedly insulted your Islam you question others of theirs, You cant try to impose values to deem fit for you on other people and expect them not to retaliate

I can cite a hand full of insults on this thread. Especially by you, and a fellow Pakistani member. You are ignorant about my religion and our fundamental beliefs. So for that matter, I don't find you at fault, even If you want to pretend like you sound logical and self-righteous. I have to go. I will reply to you later.

I can cite a hand full of insults on this thread. Especially by you, and a fellow Pakistani member

I eagerly await you to quote me insulting Islam.. :coffee:

The thing is living in Australia i have come across dime a dozen "Self Righteous" Muslims like you, That hate everything that the Western civilization has given to mankind, Hate their life styles, Their lack of faith in organized religion, Their freedoms, Their liberal policies, their separation of state and church, Their woman empowerment, Culture, Human rights including LGBT rights

And yet you quite unashamedly choose to live among them, Choose to enjoy all the rights that granted to you by them, Most of those rights deprived to you from your own countries of origin, All the while insulting them and baying about your race/culture/religion.. Why ???!!??

I don't understand why this thread has gone too long.. All the man said that we fight with terrorists, no matter muslim, atheist or chrisitan...

Islamic values aren't meant to be "personal" (according to the definition of the liberals). When a Muslim sees or hears corruption being spread or misinformation about his religion being spread, he/she is duty bound to correct it.

Religion and politics should never mix. Secularism is preferable to anything else, as all the remaining options would result in a pathetic wasteland of a country.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom