What's new

In preparation for war with China, the US military will purchase over 12,000+ JASSM stealth cruise missiles and 1,300+ LRASMs and may increase further

Depends on where the battle is fought, if it's fought around the Taiwan strait, YES.
Was going to go a bit more but seeing that was you. I will just say this instead

Sure, whatever you say.

1646884078-622974ee3303c.jpg

I agree, Taiwan will just say out of reach, and both sides will probably build up until something economically or politically changes on one side or the other in a few decades.

For the PLA, it needs a couple decades of China building up its economic alternatives as well as capacity in the military to be able to asymmetrically deal with these large volumes of threats.

A lot of technological and economic offset strategies expected in this decade, on both sides.

It’s the economic sustainability that China needs to achieve, outside of depending on its current main customers in the west.

Probably many proxy political conflicts in the global south (especially Africa) as both sides vi for influence.
There are no prospective to win a war with Taiwan unless China can limit the scope to fight with Taiwan and Taiwan only. The size of the Chinese Navy is not enough to perform sea interdiction and sea lane protection at the same time. The longer it drag on, you only give Taiwan more time to prepare for war. That means even if it's China v Taiwan one on one, the longer this drag on the harder it will get, simply because of the fact that Taiwan is a near peer for China, and unlike countries like Ukraine, they have the money and capability to arm themselves

On the other hand, as I explained before, any war with Taiwan would mean China will be isolated by the West regardless of the outcome, what left is basically Asia and Africa, it is going to take 10 Africa to replace US and EU market, and Asia would also step away from China if China invade Taiwan, there are not ifs and buts. The Swedish-Finnish effect is going to apply to most if not all ASEAN nation the moment, that would be bad for China both Militarily and Economically.

Hence, I think unless the Chinese does not have a choice like Xi or whatever in charge of China is weaning on their influence, attacking Taiwan and starting Cold War 2.0 is going to be more or less national suicide, Russia set back the clock for 30 years because of Ukraine, China is going to lose way more since China aren't even resource rich like Russia. It's like when my wife said, you only put your client on the stand when you know you are losing, because that way, you have nothing to lose.......

There are no prospective to win a war with Taiwan unless China can limit the scope to fight with Taiwan and Taiwan only. The size of the Chinese Navy is not enough to perform sea interdiction and sea lane protection at the same time. The longer it drag on, you only give Taiwan more time to prepare for war. That means even if it's China v Taiwan one on one, the longer this drag on the harder it will get, simply because of the fact that Taiwan is a near peer for China, and unlike countries like Ukraine, they have the money and capability to arm themselves

On the other hand, as I explained before, any war with Taiwan would mean China will be isolated by the West regardless of the outcome, what left is basically Asia and Africa, it is going to take 10 Africa to replace US and EU market, and Asia would also step away from China if China invade Taiwan, there are not ifs and buts. The Swedish-Finnish effect is going to apply to most if not all ASEAN nation the moment, that would be bad for China both Militarily and Economically.

Hence, I think unless the Chinese does not have a choice like Xi or whatever in charge of China is weaning on their influence, attacking Taiwan and starting Cold War 2.0 is going to be more or less national suicide, Russia set back the clock for 30 years because of Ukraine, China is going to lose way more since China aren't even resource rich like Russia. It's like when my wife said, you only put your client on the stand when you know you are losing, because that way, you have nothing to lose.......

Except that the US is investing to increase its share of semiconductor manufacturing, decreasing the dependence on Taiwan. That might decrease Taiwan’s ability to pay for military supplies.

A lot of what China has to do to prepare to fight and win the war as well as “win the peace” is prepare its population demographically, as well as it spot Erika economic partners. Sure the west is as economically large as ten Africa’s at present, but it doesn’t have to remain that way.

Greater inroads and development of Asian, Africa, and Latin America could make Chinese companies competitive enough to maintain market share and influence in Europe.

This steady economic growth over the next 25 years would help China build up its military, to try to reach its goal of reaching parity as much as possible with the U.S. by 2049 as possible.

China is the largest trading partner with most of the world, usually to its own benefit. Now it needs to build up these countries so they can export more and afford to import more from China, especially in goods they normally import from the west.
1683174237002.jpeg

Last edited:
The last navy the PLAN fought?
Has nothing to do with the next one China will fight.
But it does.

I tell my friends this -- we remember each other as how we saw each other last, whether that was last week, last month, last yr, or last decade. The shorter the timespan, the easier it is for us to adjust to each other's changes in life. The corollary is that in war, the more recent the experience, the better we are at remembering how we did, and from there we make improvements along with any changes since then.

The PLA excels at parades, I will give you that. But you are correct. The PLAN has no history. Nothing to serve as foundation. No experienced leadership. Yes, nothing to do with the next fight.

When did the last time US navy fight in real valuable sea battle, ancient WW II ?
That is still far more than the PLAN has. Still, at least the US Navy fought in Desert Storm.

The whole of Taiwan can be comfortably covered by land based firepower and air domination

1646884078-622974ee3303c.jpg

So who among the PDF Chinese would go up against Mike Tyson, a former prisoner for rape, and now retired from boxing. After all, experience DOES NOT matter, right?

That is still far more than the PLAN has. Still, at least the US Navy fought in Desert Storm.
I mean worthy modern " sea battle" really engaging two formidable navies, not like US ships firing some cruise missiles at land sites as in Desert Storm. That means none for US navy too.

I mean worthy modern " sea battle" really engaging two formidable navies, not like US ships firing some cruise missiles at land sites as in Desert Storm. That means none for US navy too.
You can 'mean' or interpret whatever you want. Just know that no one serious about war is going to take advice or even motivation from an anonymous internet twerp.

Back
Top Bottom