What's new

In pictures: Isis destroys Iraq shrines

Cherokee

Reaction score
Country
India
In pictures: Isis destroys Iraq shrines
_76074959_023036572-1.jpg

Images posted on social media appear to show the destruction of about a dozen places of worship across northern Iraq, in areas recently taken over by extremist militants.

_76074961_023036576-1.jpg

Some images showed the al-Qubba Husseiniya, a Shia shrine, being blown up in the city of Mosul.

_76074925_023036476-1.jpg

Militants used a bulldozer to destroy a shrine known as the "Girl's Tomb" in Mosul.

_76074957_023036516-1.jpg

They believe giving special veneration to graves and relics is against the teachings of Islam.

_76074921_023036530-1.jpg

Militants also destroyed the Saad bin Aqeel Husseiniya shrine in Tal Afar, approximately 50 km (35 miles) west of Mosul.

_76074923_023036546-2.jpg

The militants, believed to belong to Isis (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant), are also reported to have attacked churches in Mosul.

_76074964_023036360-1.jpg

More images showed the Ahmed al-Rifai shrine and tomb in the Mahlabiya district near Tal Afar being attacked with a bulldozer.

_76074919_023036413-1.jpg

The militants have attacked Shia and Sunni shrines alike, and have vowed to continue destroying places of worship which they do not approve of.

BBC News - In pictures: Isis destroys Iraq shrines

What do you expect from Wahaabis? Desecrating dead bodies is their custom. This deviant sect(barely Islam) was made by Lawrence of Arabia only 200 years ago.
I am a non Muslim but I strongly believe that no person should be given the same respect as god .it doesn't matter how much great that person may be.what I understood by the words of Muslims in India is they love Muhammad more than god(unknowingly). That is why all the relics and symbols of all the people who may pose a threat to status of god must be destroyed without any mercy;be it that of Muhammad ,has an,Hussain,Ali or any other relative or companion of Muhammad.of course if any atheist argues those shrines or tombs must be preserved as sites of historical significance,that is different.but from the view point of Islam these things should be decimated without any second thought.no human deserves the praise which god alone deserves

excellent job by isis..No one but Allah is worthy to be worshipped.

In the light of Hadith:

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 8, Hadith # 419

Narrated A'isha (R.A) Um Habiba (R.A) and Um Salama (R.A) mentioned about a church they had seen in Ethiopia in which there were pictures. They told the Prophet (S.A.W) about it, on which he said, "If any religious man dies amongst those people they would build a place of worship at his grave and make these pictures in it. They will be the worst creature in the sight of Allah on the Day of Resurrection."
Sahih Muslim: Book 4, Hadith # 2116
Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah (R.A) Rasulullah (S.A.W) forbade that the graves should be plastered, or they be used as sitting places (for the people), or a building should be built over them.

Note: This hadith makes it very clear that we are NOT supposed to build ANYTHING over them. May Allah (Swt) save us , as many of the Muslim today build strong plastered graves and this is against the order of Rasulullah (S.A.W)!

Sahih Al-Bkhari: Volume 1, Book 8, Hadith # 427

Narrated A'isha (R.A) and 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas (R.A) When the last moment of the life of Allah's Apostle (S.A.W) came he started putting his 'Khamisa' on his face and when he felt hot and short of breath he took it off his face and said, "May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places of worship at the graves of their Prophets." The Prophet (S.A.W) was warning (Muslims) of what those had done.

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 8, Hadith # 428
Narrated Abu Huraira (RAA) Rasulullah (SAW) said, "May Allah's curse be on the Jews for they built the places of worship at the graves of their Prophets."

Sahih Muslim Book 4, Number 1083

Narrated Jundub ibn Abdullah (R.A) "I heard from the Apostle of Allah (SAW) five days before his death and he said: I stand acquitted before Allah that I took anyone of you as friend, for Allah has taken me as His friend, as he took Ibrahim as His friend. Had I taken any one of my Ummah as a friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a friend. Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that.

Sahih Muslim Book 4, Hadith # 2121

Narrated Abu Marthad al-Ghanawi (R.A) Allah's Messenger (S.A.W) said: Do not sit on the graves and do not pray facing towards them.

Open challenge to the so called anti "Wahhabi" sunni's.......What is our Prophet SAW saying here ?

What do you expect from Wahaabis? Desecrating dead bodies is their custom. This deviant sect(barely Islam) was made by Lawrence of Arabia only 200 years ago.

Joke of the century: Lawrence of Arabia created Wahabism.:jester:

Abdulwahhab created it in 18th century, actually its roots goes back to middleages. Ibn Taymiya started Salafism during Crusades and Mongol invasion.

In the light of Hadith:

Narrated A'isha (R.A) Um Habiba (R.A) and Um Salama (R.A) mentioned about a church they had seen in Ethiopia in which there were pictures. They told the Prophet (S.A.W) about it, on which he said, "If any religious man dies amongst those people they would build a place of worship at his grave and make these pictures in it. They will be the worst creature in the sight of Allah on the Day of Resurrection."
Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah (R.A) Rasulullah (S.A.W) forbade that the graves should be plastered, or they be used as sitting places (for the people), or a building should be built over them.

Note: This hadith makes it very clear that we are NOT supposed to build ANYTHING over them. May Allah (Swt) save us , as many of the Muslim today build strong plastered graves and this is against the order of Rasulullah (S.A.W)!

Narrated A'isha (R.A) and 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas (R.A) When the last moment of the life of Allah's Apostle (S.A.W) came he started putting his 'Khamisa' on his face and when he felt hot and short of breath he took it off his face and said, "May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places of worship at the graves of their Prophets." The Prophet (S.A.W) was warning (Muslims) of what those had done.

Narrated Abu Huraira (RAA) Rasulullah (SAW) said, "May Allah's curse be on the Jews for they built the places of worship at the graves of their Prophets."

Narrated Jundub ibn Abdullah (R.A) "I heard from the Apostle of Allah (SAW) five days before his death and he said: I stand acquitted before Allah that I took anyone of you as friend, for Allah has taken me as His friend, as he took Ibrahim as His friend. Had I taken any one of my Ummah as a friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a friend. Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that.

Narrated Abu Marthad al-Ghanawi (R.A) Allah's Messenger (S.A.W) said: Do not sit on the graves and do not pray facing towards them.

Open challenge to the so called anti "Wahhabi" sunni's.......What is our Prophet SAW saying here ?

So, what people should do with Masjid Nabvi. People quoting some fabricated hadees to demolish Roza E Rasool. Its mosque and shrine both togather.
Roza-e-Rasool,+Masjid+Nabvi,+Madina+(1).jpg

0.jpg

But drawing picture is wrong in Islam.

No wonder people in west have issues with islam if a lot of people share the same sentiments like u,then there's dire need of some serious Introspection.

I am a non Muslim but I strongly believe that no person should be given the same respect as god .it doesn't matter how much great that person may be.what I understood by the words of Muslims in India is they love Muhammad more than god(unknowingly). That is why all the relics and symbols of all the people who may pose a threat to status of god must be destroyed without any mercy;be it that of Muhammad ,has an,Hussain,Ali or any other relative or companion of Muhammad.of course if any atheist argues those shrines or tombs must be preserved as sites of historical significance,that is different.but from the view point of Islam these things should be decimated without any second thought.no human deserves the praise which god alone deserves

This line of thinking is the reason why most of the Islamic heritage sites in Saudi Arabia have been destroyed

Destruction of early Islamic heritage sites in Saudi Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thus did We make their case known to the people, that they might know that the promise of Allah is true, and that there can be no doubt about the Hour of Judgment. Behold, they dispute among themselves as to their affair. (Some) said, “Construct a building over them”: Their Lord knows best about them: those who prevailed over their affair said,“Let us surely build a place of worship over them. (Quran 18:21)

Authentic classical Tafsir for this verse

Tafsir Number 1
Qadhi Thana Ullah Panipatti (Rahimuhullah) writes in his great Tafsir al Mazhari: After the death of Ashaab al Kahf a dispute occurred between Muslims and non-muslims, The Muslims said that they will make a Masjid over them because they were of our faith whereas the disbelievers said they will build other buildings on it where people will live….This Ayah is proving that Mosques could be made near graves of Awliya in order to say salaat in them, Tabarruk is also attained through the tombs of Awliya [Tafsir al Mazhari Volume No.7, Page No. 123-124]

Tafsir Number 2
Tafsir by Imam Bayzawi (rah) says: “From this it is understood that to erect a Mausoleum for the special people, i.e. Pious Saints and Ulema, is permissible”.

Tafsir Number 3
Tafsir by Imam Fakhrud’deen Razi (rah) writes:
أن بعضهم قال: الأولى أن يسد باب الكهف لئلا يدخل عليهم أحد ولا يقف على أحوالهم إنسان. وقال آخرون: بل الأولى أن يبني على باب الكهف مسجد وهذا القول يدل على أن أولئك الأقوام كانوا عارفين بالله معترفين بالعبادة والصلاة
Translation: Some people said that the door of the cave should be closed so that nobody can enter it and the Ahwaal (of Ashab e Kahf) are kept hidden. Some people said that It is better to build a mosque at the door, this saying proves that these people were “ARIFEEN OF ALLAH WHO BELIEVED IN WORSHIPPING AND PRAYER”[Tafsir al Kabeer, Volume No. 5, Page No. 475]

Imam al-Razi also said:
ثم قال تعالى: {قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا۴ عَلَىٰۤ أَمْرِهِمْ} قيل المراد به الملك المسلم، وقيل: أولياء أصحاب الكهف، وقيل: رؤساء البلد: {لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِم مَّسْجِدًا} نعبد الله فيه ونستبقي آثار أصحاب الكهف بسبب ذلك المسجد
Translation: And when Allah said {Those who prevailed over their affair} this refers to the “MUSLIM RULER” or the Awliya of Ashaab al Kahf (i.e. their momineen friends) or the leaders of town. {We will surely build a Mosque over them} so that we can “WORSHIP ALLAH” in it and due to it we will “PRESERVE THE RELICS OF ASHAAB AL KAHF”[Tafsir al-Kabeer, 5/475]

Tafsir Number 4

In “Tafseer Roohul Bayaan”, Vol. 3, according to the verse: “To build over the graves of the Ulema, Awliya and the Saliheen is a permissible act with this condition that the motive is that the greatness of these pious people must be made apparent so that the people don’t think that it is an ordinary grave.”

Tafsir Number 5
Imam Hakim (Rehmatullah Alaih) said in his Tafsir
قال الذين غلبوا على أمرهم} وهم المؤمنون, وكانوا غالبين في ذلك الوقت
Translation: {Those who prevailed over their affair} refers to the “MOMINEEN” and they prevailed over this matter in that time [Tafsir al Wahidi under 18:21]

Tafsir Number 6
Imam Jalal ud-din Suyuti (Rehmatullah Alaih) and Al Muhalli (Rehmatullah Alaih) explain in Tafsir al Jalalyn:
يَتَنَـٰزَعُونَ} أي المؤمنون والكفار {بَيْنَهُمْ أَمْرَهُمْۖ} أمر الفتية في البناء حولهم {فَقَالُوۤا۴} أي الكفار {ٱبْنُوا۴ عَلَيْهِم} أي حولهم {بُنْيَـٰنًاۖ} يسترهم {رَّبُّهُمْ أَعْلَمُ بِهِمْۚ قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا۴ عَلَىٰۤ أَمْرِهِمْ} أمر الفتية وهم المؤمنون {لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِم} حولهم {مَّسْجِدًا} يصلى فيه، وفعل ذلك على باب الكهف.
Translation: They were disputing, that is, the believers and the disbelievers, among themselves their affair, the affair of the youths, with regard to building something around them [as a monument]; so they, the disbelievers, said, ‘Build over them, that is, around them, a building, to cover them up; their Lord knows them best.’ Those who prevailed regarding their affair, the affair of the youths, “NAMELY THE BELIEVERS”

We will verily set up over them, around them, a place of worship’, for prayers to be performed therein. And this indeed took place at the entrance of the cave.[Tafsir al Jalalyn, Volume No.1, Page No. 389]

Tafsir Number 7
Imam Nasafi (Rehmatullah Alaih) writes in his Tafsir al Nasafi:
قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا۴ عَلَىٰۤ أَمْرِهِمْ} من المسلمين وملكهم
وكانوا أولى بهم وبالبناء عليهم {لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِم} على باب الكهف {مَّسْجِدًا} يصلي فيه المسلمون ويتبركون
Translation: {Those who prevailed over their affair} these are the “MUSLIMS AND THE RULERS” who said to build over them i.e. on the door of cave a Masjid so that “MUSLIMS CAN PRAY IN IT AND SEEK TABARRUK” [Tafsir al Nasafi, Volume No.3, Page No. 18]

Tafsir Number 8
Imam Abu Hayyan al Andalusi (Rehmatullah Alaih) said:
وروي أن التي دعت إلى البنيان كانت كافرة أرادت بناء بيعة أو مصنع لكفرهم فمانعهم المؤمنون وبنوا عليهم مسجداً
Translation: The person who told to make a building over them was a Kafir woman, she told to make a Church over them where deeds of Kufr can take place, however the momineen stopped her and made a Masjid over there instead [Tafsir Bahr al Muheet, Volume No. 7, Page No. 158]

Tafsir Number 9
Allama Ibn Jawzi (Rehmatullah Alaih) who is considered the most strict scholar and revered highly by Salafi Muslims, he states in his Tafsir under 18:21
قال ابن قتيبة: يعني المُطاعين والرؤساء، قال المفسرون: وهم الملك وأصحابه المؤمنون اتخذوا عليهم مسجداً
Translation: Ibn Qutayba (Rehmatullah Alaih) said that the Mufasireen said: People who made Masjid were the (Muslim) King and his Momineen companions [Tafsir Zaad ul Maseer, Volume No. 5, Page No.124]

Tafsir Number 10
Imam Shahab ud-din Khafaji (Rehmatullah Alaih) wrote:
مسجد ايدل على جوازا لبناء على قبور الصلحاء ونحوهم كما اشار الي فى الكشاف وجواز الصلوة فى ذلك البناء
Translation: (Making mosque on cave) ”IS PROOF OF MAKING MOSQUES OVER THE GRAVES OF SALIHEEN” just like It is mentioned in Tafsir al Kashaaf and It is “PERMITTED” to pray inside this construction [Imam Khafaji in Inayatul Qadhi, Volume No. 6, Page No. 87, Published by Dar us Sadir, Beirut, Lebanon]

Tafsir Number 11
Mullah Ali Qari (Rehmatullah Alaih) writes:
أما من اتخذ مسجدا في جوار صالح أو صلى في مقبرة وقصد الإستظهار بروحه أو وصول أثر ما من أثر عبادته إليه لا للتعظيم له والتوجه نحوه فلا حرج عليه ألا ترى أن مرقد إسماعيل عليه السلام في المسجد الحرام عند الحطيم ثم أن ذلك المسجد أفضل مكان يتحرى المصلى لصلاته والنهي عن الصلاة في المقابر مختص بالقبور المنبوشة لما فيها من النجاسة كذا ذكره الطيبي وذكر غيره أن صورة قبر إسماعيل عليه السلام في الحجر تحت الميزاب وإن في الحطيم بين الحجر الأسود وزمزم قبر سبعين نبيا
Translation: Anyone who builds a mosque near the grave of an upright person or prays in the tomb (Maqbara) or intends to ask for help through the Ruh of that upright person or intends to seek barakah from his left overs, If he does all that without the intention of giving him Tazeem or doing tawajuh towards him ( in prayer) “Then there is nothing wrong in that, don’t you see that Grave of Hadrat Ismail(A.S) is inside the Masjid ul Harram near the hateem and to Pray there is Superior than anything else ” however to pray near the graves is only forbidden when the soil becomes dirty because of Najasat of deceased… In the Hateem near Hajr al Aswad and Mizaab there are “Graves of 70 Prophets” [Mirqat, Sharh al Mishqaat, Volume No. 2, Page No. 202]

Mullah Ali Qari (Rehmatullah Alaih) also said:
وقد أباح السلف البناء على قبر المشايخ والعلماء المشهورين ليزورهم الناس ويستريحوا بالجلوس فيه
Translation: The early Muslims (Salaf) have considered it Mubah (i.e. allowed) to build over the graves of famous Mashaikh and Ulama so that people can visit them and sit there (easily) [Mirqaat Sharh al Misshqaat, Volume No. 4, Page No. 69]

So Indeed the Prophets, Mashaikh and Saliheen do not come under the prohibition because the grave of Prophet (Peace be upon him), Abu Bakr (Radhi’Allah anho), Umar (Radhi’Allah anho) and many other Prophets and Saliheen have remained “BUILT OVER”

Tafsir Number 12
Ibn khatir in his tafsir writes.
م { قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُواْ عَلَىٰ أَمْرِهِمْ لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِمْ مَّسْجِدًا } حكى ابن جرير في القائلين ذلك قولين: [أحدهما] أنهم المسلمون منهم.
Translation: “When the people of the cave went into the cave, some people close to the entrance of the cave said, ‘Build a mosque so we can worship Allah.’ The people who said this were Muslims” [Tafsir Tabari, Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Sura al-Kahf, verse 21]

Tafsir Number 13
The famous commentator of Sahih Bukhari and leading scholar in sight of Sunnis and Salafis/wahabisies.
Imam Ibn Hajr al Asqalani (rah) writes in his magnificent Fath ul Bari:

In view of the fact that the Jews and Christians were taking the graves of their Prophets as their qibla for the purpose of respect, and were paying attention towards them at the time of their prayers, their graves took the position of idols. For this reason the Muslims have been forbidden from this action. However, if someoneconstructs a mosque near the grave of a pious person for the prupose of seeking tabarruk and not for prostration or paying attention towards them, he will never be included in this prohibition.( Ibn Hajr al-‘Asqalani, Fath al-bari, vol. 3, p. 208)

for more on the proofs see: About Shrines,Tombs,etc Religious Standings | ahlu sunnah wal jamat

i just dont know how to tell these wahabis to respect the other side of the argument.

This line of thinking is the reason why most of the Islamic heritage sites in Saudi Arabia have been destroyed

Destruction of early Islamic heritage sites in Saudi Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Still a revenge from Holy Prophet and his family. Its like demolish each and every track of Holy Prophet aider and abettor..

Thus did We make their case known to the people, that they might know that the promise of Allah is true, and that there can be no doubt about the Hour of Judgment. Behold, they dispute among themselves as to their affair. (Some) said, “Construct a building over them”: Their Lord knows best about them: those who prevailed over their affair said,“Let us surely build a place of worship over them. (Quran 18:21)

Authentic classical Tafsir for this verse

Tafsir Number 1
Qadhi Thana Ullah Panipatti (Rahimuhullah) writes in his great Tafsir al Mazhari: After the death of Ashaab al Kahf a dispute occurred between Muslims and non-muslims, The Muslims said that they will make a Masjid over them because they were of our faith whereas the disbelievers said they will build other buildings on it where people will live….This Ayah is proving that Mosques could be made near graves of Awliya in order to say salaat in them, Tabarruk is also attained through the tombs of Awliya [Tafsir al Mazhari Volume No.7, Page No. 123-124]

Tafsir Number 2
Tafsir by Imam Bayzawi (rah) says: “From this it is understood that to erect a Mausoleum for the special people, i.e. Pious Saints and Ulema, is permissible”.

Tafsir Number 3
Tafsir by Imam Fakhrud’deen Razi (rah) writes:
أن بعضهم قال: الأولى أن يسد باب الكهف لئلا يدخل عليهم أحد ولا يقف على أحوالهم إنسان. وقال آخرون: بل الأولى أن يبني على باب الكهف مسجد وهذا القول يدل على أن أولئك الأقوام كانوا عارفين بالله معترفين بالعبادة والصلاة
Translation: Some people said that the door of the cave should be closed so that nobody can enter it and the Ahwaal (of Ashab e Kahf) are kept hidden. Some people said that It is better to build a mosque at the door, this saying proves that these people were “ARIFEEN OF ALLAH WHO BELIEVED IN WORSHIPPING AND PRAYER”[Tafsir al Kabeer, Volume No. 5, Page No. 475]

Imam al-Razi also said:
ثم قال تعالى: {قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا۴ عَلَىٰۤ أَمْرِهِمْ} قيل المراد به الملك المسلم، وقيل: أولياء أصحاب الكهف، وقيل: رؤساء البلد: {لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِم مَّسْجِدًا} نعبد الله فيه ونستبقي آثار أصحاب الكهف بسبب ذلك المسجد
Translation: And when Allah said {Those who prevailed over their affair} this refers to the “MUSLIM RULER” or the Awliya of Ashaab al Kahf (i.e. their momineen friends) or the leaders of town. {We will surely build a Mosque over them} so that we can “WORSHIP ALLAH” in it and due to it we will “PRESERVE THE RELICS OF ASHAAB AL KAHF”[Tafsir al-Kabeer, 5/475]
Tafsir Number 4
In “Tafseer Roohul Bayaan”, Vol. 3, according to the verse: “To build over the graves of the Ulema, Awliya and the Saliheen is a permissible act with this condition that the motive is that the greatness of these pious people must be made apparent so that the people don’t think that it is an ordinary grave.”

Tafsir Number 5
Imam Hakim (Rehmatullah Alaih) said in his Tafsir
قال الذين غلبوا على أمرهم} وهم المؤمنون, وكانوا غالبين في ذلك الوقت
Translation: {Those who prevailed over their affair} refers to the “MOMINEEN” and they prevailed over this matter in that time [Tafsir al Wahidi under 18:21]

Tafsir Number 6
Imam Jalal ud-din Suyuti (Rehmatullah Alaih) and Al Muhalli (Rehmatullah Alaih) explain in Tafsir al Jalalyn:
يَتَنَـٰزَعُونَ} أي المؤمنون والكفار {بَيْنَهُمْ أَمْرَهُمْۖ} أمر الفتية في البناء حولهم {فَقَالُوۤا۴} أي الكفار {ٱبْنُوا۴ عَلَيْهِم} أي حولهم {بُنْيَـٰنًاۖ} يسترهم {رَّبُّهُمْ أَعْلَمُ بِهِمْۚ قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا۴ عَلَىٰۤ أَمْرِهِمْ} أمر الفتية وهم المؤمنون {لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِم} حولهم {مَّسْجِدًا} يصلى فيه، وفعل ذلك على باب الكهف.
Translation: They were disputing, that is, the believers and the disbelievers, among themselves their affair, the affair of the youths, with regard to building something around them [as a monument]; so they, the disbelievers, said, ‘Build over them, that is, around them, a building, to cover them up; their Lord knows them best.’ Those who prevailed regarding their affair, the affair of the youths, “NAMELY THE BELIEVERS”

We will verily set up over them, around them, a place of worship’, for prayers to be performed therein. And this indeed took place at the entrance of the cave.[Tafsir al Jalalyn, Volume No.1, Page No. 389]

Tafsir Number 7
Imam Nasafi (Rehmatullah Alaih) writes in his Tafsir al Nasafi:
قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا۴ عَلَىٰۤ أَمْرِهِمْ} من المسلمين وملكهم
وكانوا أولى بهم وبالبناء عليهم {لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِم} على باب الكهف {مَّسْجِدًا} يصلي فيه المسلمون ويتبركون
Translation: {Those who prevailed over their affair} these are the “MUSLIMS AND THE RULERS” who said to build over them i.e. on the door of cave a Masjid so that “MUSLIMS CAN PRAY IN IT AND SEEK TABARRUK” [Tafsir al Nasafi, Volume No.3, Page No. 18]

Tafsir Number 8
Imam Abu Hayyan al Andalusi (Rehmatullah Alaih) said:
وروي أن التي دعت إلى البنيان كانت كافرة أرادت بناء بيعة أو مصنع لكفرهم فمانعهم المؤمنون وبنوا عليهم مسجداً
Translation: The person who told to make a building over them was a Kafir woman, she told to make a Church over them where deeds of Kufr can take place, however the momineen stopped her and made a Masjid over there instead [Tafsir Bahr al Muheet, Volume No. 7, Page No. 158]

Tafsir Number 9
Allama Ibn Jawzi (Rehmatullah Alaih) who is considered the most strict scholar and revered highly by Salafi Muslims, he states in his Tafsir under 18:21
قال ابن قتيبة: يعني المُطاعين والرؤساء، قال المفسرون: وهم الملك وأصحابه المؤمنون اتخذوا عليهم مسجداً
Translation: Ibn Qutayba (Rehmatullah Alaih) said that the Mufasireen said: People who made Masjid were the (Muslim) King and his Momineen companions [Tafsir Zaad ul Maseer, Volume No. 5, Page No.124]

Tafsir Number 10
Imam Shahab ud-din Khafaji (Rehmatullah Alaih) wrote:
مسجد ايدل على جوازا لبناء على قبور الصلحاء ونحوهم كما اشار الي فى الكشاف وجواز الصلوة فى ذلك البناء
Translation: (Making mosque on cave) ”IS PROOF OF MAKING MOSQUES OVER THE GRAVES OF SALIHEEN” just like It is mentioned in Tafsir al Kashaaf and It is “PERMITTED” to pray inside this construction [Imam Khafaji in Inayatul Qadhi, Volume No. 6, Page No. 87, Published by Dar us Sadir, Beirut, Lebanon]

Tafsir Number 11
Mullah Ali Qari (Rehmatullah Alaih) writes:
أما من اتخذ مسجدا في جوار صالح أو صلى في مقبرة وقصد الإستظهار بروحه أو وصول أثر ما من أثر عبادته إليه لا للتعظيم له والتوجه نحوه فلا حرج عليه ألا ترى أن مرقد إسماعيل عليه السلام في المسجد الحرام عند الحطيم ثم أن ذلك المسجد أفضل مكان يتحرى المصلى لصلاته والنهي عن الصلاة في المقابر مختص بالقبور المنبوشة لما فيها من النجاسة كذا ذكره الطيبي وذكر غيره أن صورة قبر إسماعيل عليه السلام في الحجر تحت الميزاب وإن في الحطيم بين الحجر الأسود وزمزم قبر سبعين نبيا
Translation: Anyone who builds a mosque near the grave of an upright person or prays in the tomb (Maqbara) or intends to ask for help through the Ruh of that upright person or intends to seek barakah from his left overs, If he does all that without the intention of giving him Tazeem or doing tawajuh towards him ( in prayer) “Then there is nothing wrong in that, don’t you see that Grave of Hadrat Ismail(A.S) is inside the Masjid ul Harram near the hateem and to Pray there is Superior than anything else ” however to pray near the graves is only forbidden when the soil becomes dirty because of Najasat of deceased… In the Hateem near Hajr al Aswad and Mizaab there are “Graves of 70 Prophets” [Mirqat, Sharh al Mishqaat, Volume No. 2, Page No. 202]

Mullah Ali Qari (Rehmatullah Alaih) also said:
وقد أباح السلف البناء على قبر المشايخ والعلماء المشهورين ليزورهم الناس ويستريحوا بالجلوس فيه
Translation: The early Muslims (Salaf) have considered it Mubah (i.e. allowed) to build over the graves of famous Mashaikh and Ulama so that people can visit them and sit there (easily) [Mirqaat Sharh al Misshqaat, Volume No. 4, Page No. 69]

So Indeed the Prophets, Mashaikh and Saliheen do not come under the prohibition because the grave of Prophet (Peace be upon him), Abu Bakr (Radhi’Allah anho), Umar (Radhi’Allah anho) and many other Prophets and Saliheen have remained “BUILT OVER”

Tafsir Number 12
Ibn khatir in his tafsir writes.
م { قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُواْ عَلَىٰ أَمْرِهِمْ لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِمْ مَّسْجِدًا } حكى ابن جرير في القائلين ذلك قولين: [أحدهما] أنهم المسلمون منهم.
Translation: “When the people of the cave went into the cave, some people close to the entrance of the cave said, ‘Build a mosque so we can worship Allah.’ The people who said this were Muslims” [Tafsir Tabari, Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Sura al-Kahf, verse 21]

Tafsir Number 13
The famous commentator of Sahih Bukhari and leading scholar in sight of Sunnis and Salafis/wahabisies.
Imam Ibn Hajr al Asqalani (rah) writes in his magnificent Fath ul Bari:

In view of the fact that the Jews and Christians were taking the graves of their Prophets as their qibla for the purpose of respect, and were paying attention towards them at the time of their prayers, their graves took the position of idols. For this reason the Muslims have been forbidden from this action. However, if someoneconstructs a mosque near the grave of a pious person for the prupose of seeking tabarruk and not for prostration or paying attention towards them, he will never be included in this prohibition.( Ibn Hajr al-‘Asqalani, Fath al-bari, vol. 3, p. 208)

for more on the proofs see: About Shrines,Tombs,etc Religious Standings | ahlu sunnah wal jamat

i just dont know how to tell these wahabis to respect the other side of the argument.
Thanks you pretty much sum up the confusion and discard zaeef hadees...

So, what people should do with Masjid Nabvi. People quoting some fabricated hadees to demolish Roza E Rasool. Its mosque and shrine both togather.
Roza-e-Rasool,+Masjid+Nabvi,+Madina+(1).jpg

0.jpg

But drawing picture is wrong in Islam.
Prophet is buried in the house of Hazrat Aisha .The house was seperate from the main mosque,He SAW was buried the same place he passed away.There is absolutely no comparison.

And youre calling Sahih Muslim fabricated ? Proves that the religion of you safavid grave worshipers is different than ours

Prophet is buried in the house of Hazrat Aisha .The house was seperate from the main mosque,He SAW was buried the same place he passed away.There is absolutely no comparison.

And youre calling Sahih Muslim fabricated ? Proves that the religion of you safavid grave worshipers is different than ours
Well, lots of hadees are fabricated and we all know. Its shia books or sunni books. Sorry offend you but its the fact.
All grave of Holy Prophet and his progeny is sacred to me. Don't know about takfiri ideas...and stop labeling people.

Last edited:

In the light of Hadith:

RasoolAllah (peace and blessings be upon him and his family) is telling us to not take the graves as places of worship. Have i got it right so far? Now lets proceed:

1. Thus did We make their case known to the people, that they might know that the promise of Allah is true, and that there can be no doubt about the Hour of Judgment. Behold, they dispute among themselves as to their affair. (Some) said, “Construct a building over them”: Their Lord knows best about them: those who prevailed over their affair said,“Let us surely build a place of worship over them. (Quran 18:21)

As I have explained in the earlier post, Allah has called those who built the mosque at the sight of ashab-e-kahf (people of the cave) believers. See the tafasir of this verse in my post.

3. Muhammad said: Abu hanifa informed us saying that Ata ibn as saib narrated to us saying the graves of Prophet Hud, Salih and Shuaib [aleh islam] is in Masjid Al Haram
[In pg 150,Kitab al-Athar of Imam al-Shaybani as published by Turath Publishing in London]

should it (Masjid al Haram) be demolished? Or is everyone committing shirk there?

4. What about the fact that RasoolAllah (peace and blessings be upon him and his family) was buried inside a room? And why did no one called it a bidda when Abu Bakr (Allah's mercy be on him) was buried in the same room? And what about Umar (Allah's mercy be upon him)? Did no one see the biddah happening there? People being buried under a physical structure?

These Quranic verses and ahadith (narrations) have been reconciled by Imam Ibn Hajr al-Asqalani (rha). He writes in his magnificent Fath ul Bari:
In view of the fact that the Jews and Christians were taking the graves of their Prophets as their qibla for the purpose of respect, and were paying attention towards them at the time of their prayers, their graves took the position of idols. For this reason the Muslims have been forbidden from this action. However, if someone constructs a mosque near the grave of a pious person for the prupose of seeking tabarruk and not for prostration or paying attention towards them, he will never be included in this prohibition.( Ibn Hajr al-‘Asqalani, Fath al-bari, vol. 3, p. 208)

Similarly the narration in which RasoolAllah (peace and blessings be upon him and his family) asked Ali bin abi Talib (Allah's mercy be upon him) to go and destroy certain graves was because those were being worshiped as objects by the disbelievers.

The problem with the wahabi mindset is that they pick up everything which applies to disbelievers and start applying it to believers without accommodating the other side of the argument.

The Prophet ( ﺻﻠّﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺁﻟﻪ ﻭﺳﻠّﻢ ) repeatedly
condemned grave-worshipping in the authentic Hadith:
“Beware of those who preceded you and used to take
the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places
of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I
forbid you to do that.” (Sahih Muslim)
“May Allah’s curse be on the Jews for they built the
places of worship at the graves of their
Prophets.” (Sahih Bukhari)
“May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built
the places of worship at the graves of their
Prophets.” (Sahih Bukhari)