What's new

In pictures: Isis destroys Iraq shrines

Well, lots of hadees are fabricated and we all know. Its shia books or sunni books. Sorry offend you but its the fact.
All grave of Holy Prophet and his progeny is scared to me. Don't know about takfiri ideas...and stop labeling people.

the hadith is correct. Its the understanding of the hadith by these wahabis which is wrong. The hadith in Bukhari has been explained by one of the great sunni scholar Ibn Hajr Asqalani as follows:
In view of the fact that the Jews and Christians were taking the graves of their Prophets as their qibla for the purpose of respect, and were paying attention towards them at the time of their prayers, their graves took the position of idols. For this reason the Muslims have been forbidden from this action. However, if someone constructs a mosque near the grave of a pious person for the prupose of seeking tabarruk and not for prostration or paying attention towards them, he will never be included in this prohibition.( Ibn Hajr al-‘Asqalani, Fath al-bari, vol. 3, p. 208)

He categorically states that the hadith is meant for worshiping of graves not anything else such that "if someone constructs a mosque near the grave of a pious person for the prupose of seeking tabarruk and not for prostration or paying attention towards them, he will never be included in this prohibition."

As far as building a structure on the grave is concerned, I have already quoted the verse from the Quran where Allah has called those people has believers. There is one legal aspect to it. Scholars have almost unanimously disagreed on building such structures in public graveyards which are communal properties. If such a structure is to be built, it should be private property so that other people are not constrained in anyway from finding place to bury their dead.

The Prophet ( ﺻﻠّﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺁﻟﻪ ﻭﺳﻠّﻢ ) repeatedly
condemned grave-worshipping in the authentic Hadith:
“Beware of those who preceded you and used to take
the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places
of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I
forbid you to do that.” (Sahih Muslim)
“May Allah’s curse be on the Jews for they built the
places of worship at the graves of their
Prophets.” (Sahih Bukhari)
“May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built
the places of worship at the graves of their
Prophets.” (Sahih Bukhari)
“If any religious man dies amongst those people they
would build a place of worship at his grave and make
these pictures in it. They will be the worst creature in
the sight of Allah on the Day of Resurrection.” (Sahih
Bukhari)
“Do not sit on the graves and do not pray facing towards
them.” (Sahih Bukhari)

Are you dumb or what? Are you implying that we should bulldoze masjid e Nabwi? There's a mosque there too. Thank you, My wanna be jihadi, you have exposed the mentality of people like ISIS, you want to bulldoze the Masjid e Nabwi. G blow yourself up.

sadsa
the hadith is correct. Its the understanding of the hadith by these wahabis which is wrong. The hadith in Bukhari has been explained by one of the great sunni scholar Ibn Hajr Asqalani as follows:
In view of the fact that the Jews and Christians were taking the graves of their Prophets as their qibla for the purpose of respect, and were paying attention towards them at the time of their prayers, their graves took the position of idols. For this reason the Muslims have been forbidden from this action. However, if someone constructs a mosque near the grave of a pious person for the prupose of seeking tabarruk and not for prostration or paying attention towards them, he will never be included in this prohibition.( Ibn Hajr al-‘Asqalani, Fath al-bari, vol. 3, p. 208)

He categorically states that the hadith is meant for worshiping of graves not anything else such that "if someone constructs a mosque near the grave of a pious person for the prupose of seeking tabarruk and not for prostration or paying attention towards them, he will never be included in this prohibition."

As far as building a structure on the grave is concerned, I have already quoted the verse from the Quran where Allah has called those people has believers. There is one legal aspect to it. Scholars have almost unanimously disagreed on building such structures in public graveyards which are communal properties. If such a structure is to be built, it should be private property so that other people are not constrained in anyway from finding place to bury their dead.
Thanks again , for your detail interpretation .

Are you dumb or what? Are you implying that we should bulldoze masjid e Nabwi? There's a mosque there too. Thank you, My wanna be jihadi, you have exposed the mentality of people like ISIS, you want to bulldoze the Masjid e Nabwi. G blow yourself up.

so i am dumb for Quoting Prophet Muhammad Pbuh??

by the way Masjid e Nabwi is a mosque first, founded by Our prophet $M... There was no grave..... Hi re$ting place i$ be$ide the original moque... Do not create fitnah by your twi$ted knowledge

Last edited:
Answer his question, will you advocate the desecration of the grave our Prophet?

Answer his question, will you advocate the desecration of the grave our Prophet?
desecration ha$ different meaning..... I am not a scholar... But if you a$k me, It $hould be kept $imple like it wa$ during Ra$hidun Khilafa Day$.....

$orry S i$nt working in my keyboard
From Sahih Muslim

Chapter 199: COMMANDMENT IN REGARD TO THE LEVELLING OF THE GRAVE
Book 004, Number 2114:
Thumama b. Shafayy reported: When we were with Fadala b. 'Ubaid in the country of the Romans at a place (known as) Rudis, a friend of ours died. Fadala b. 'Ubaid ordered to prepare a grave for him and then it was levelled; and then he said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) commanding (us) to level the grave.
Book 004, Number 2115:
Abu'l-Hayyaj al-Asadi told that 'Ali (b. Abu Talib) said to him: Should I not send you on the same mission as Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent me? Do not leave an image without obliterating it, or a high grave without levelling It. This hadith has been reported by Habib with the same chain of transmitters and he said: (Do not leave) a picture without obliterating it.
Chapter 200: IT IS FORBIDDEN TO PLASTER THE GRAVE OR CONSTRUCTING ANYTHING OVER IT
Book 004, Number 2116:
Jabir said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade that the graves should be plastered or they be used as sitting places (for the people), or a building should be built over them.
Book 004, Number 2118: Jabir said that he was forbidden to build pucca graves.

so i am dumb for Quoting Prophet Muhammad Pbuh??

by the way Masjid e Nabwi is a mosque first, founded by Our prophet $M... There was no grave..... Hi re$ting place i$ be$ide the original moque... Do not create fitnah by your twi$ted knowledge

doesnt matter if the mosque came first or the grave. The quranic verse I quote above states that the believers built a mosque at the place where 'people of the cave' died. Here the mosque already existed and the RasoolAllah (peace and blessings be upon him and his family) was buried next to it later.

In both the cases you reach only one conclusion. To build a mosque next to a grave of the Prophet or Awliya is permissible in Islam.

and as Ibn Hajr Asqalani (rha) and other Sunni scholars (quoted earlier) explained:

desecration ha$ different meaning..... I am not a scholar... But if you a$k me, It $hould be kept $imple like it wa$ during Ra$hidun Khilafa Day$.....

$orry S i$nt working in my keyboard
From Sahih Muslim

Chapter 47: FORBIDDANCE TO BUILD MOSQUES ON THE GRAVES AND DECORATING THEM WITH PICTURES AND FORBIDDANCE TO USE THE GRAVES AS MOSQUES

Book 004, Number 1076: 'A'isha reported: Umm Habiba and Umm Salama made a mention before the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) of a church which they had seen in Abyssinia and which had pictures in it. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When a pious person amongst them (among the religious groups) dies they build a place of worship on his grave, and then decorate it with such pictures. They would be the worst of creatures on the Day of judgment in the sight of Allah.

Book 004, Number 1079: 'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said during his illness from which he never recovered: Allah cursed the Jews and the Christians that they took the graves of their prophets as mosques. She ('A'isha) reported: Had it not been so, his (Prophet's) grave would have been in an open place, but it could not be due to the fear that it may not be taken as a mosque. Book 004, Number 1080: Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Let Allah destroy the Jews for they have taken the graves of their apostles as places of worship. Book 004, Number 1081: Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Let there be curse of Allah upon the Jews and the Christians for they have taken the graves of their apostles as places of worship. Book 004, Number 1082: 'A'isha and Abdullah reported: As the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was about to breathe his last, he drew his sheet upon his face and when he felt uneasy, he uncovered his face and said in that very state: Let there be curse upon the Jews and the Christians that they have taken the graves of their apostles as places of worship. He in fact warned (his men) against what they (the Jews and the Christians) did. Book 004, Number 1083:
Jundub reported: I heard from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) five days before his death and he said: I stand acquitted before Allah that I took any one of you as friend, for Allah has taken me as His friend, as he took Ibrahim as His friend. Had I taken any one of my Ummah as a friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a friend. Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that.

Chapter 199: COMMANDMENT IN REGARD TO THE LEVELLING OF THE GRAVE
Book 004, Number 2114:
Thumama b. Shafayy reported: When we were with Fadala b. 'Ubaid in the country of the Romans at a place (known as) Rudis, a friend of ours died. Fadala b. 'Ubaid ordered to prepare a grave for him and then it was levelled; and then he said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) commanding (us) to level the grave.
Book 004, Number 2115:
Abu'l-Hayyaj al-Asadi told that 'Ali (b. Abu Talib) said to him: Should I not send you on the same mission as Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent me? Do not leave an image without obliterating it, or a high grave without levelling It. This hadith has been reported by Habib with the same chain of transmitters and he said: (Do not leave) a picture without obliterating it.
Chapter 200: IT IS FORBIDDEN TO PLASTER THE GRAVE OR CONSTRUCTING ANYTHING OVER IT
Book 004, Number 2116:
Jabir said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade that the graves should be plastered or they be used as sitting places (for the people), or a building should be built over them.
Book 004, Number 2118: Jabir said that he was forbidden to build pucca graves.

Read post number 10 that @ajpirzada has provided, he gives me proof from the Quran whereas you counter with the Hadith. Which is from God? Which holds more weight? :pop:

So again I will ask you, will you desecrate the grave of our Prophet PBUH? Even if there is a 1% chance the other side's argument is sound I for one would not want to be wrong before embarking on such a step.

doesnt matter if the mosque came first or the grave. The quranic verse I quote above states that the believers built a mosque at the place where 'people of the cave' died. Here the mosque already existed and the RasoolAllah (peace and blessings be upon him and his family) was buried next to it later.

In both the cases you reach only one conclusion. To build a mosque next to a grave of the Prophet or Awliya is permissible in Islam.

and as Ibn Hajr Asqalani (rha) and other Sunni scholars (quoted earlier) explained:

You know the Wahabbis talk about the pristine version of Islam but they base most of their nonsense on Hadith that came 300+ years after the death of the Prophet PBUH. Lol at the irony.

@kobiraaz

It has also been confirmed by way of Prophetic traditions which are classified as Sahih Hadiths that charity, fasting the Hajj and the `Umrah done on behalf of a dead Muslim reach him. Reciting the Qur’an is another form of worship and it reaches the dead, because all are forms of worship. This ruling is clearly deduced from the confirmed Prophetic traditions, and there is no Islamic disproof to its legitimacy and validity. Al-Qurtubiyy said in his book At-Tadhkirah: “The source of the ruling in this matter is the confirmed reward of the charity which reaches the dead. By the same token, the recitation of the Qur’an and the supplications to Allah for forgiveness for the dead reach him”. Another issue which points to the legitimacy of the recitation of the Qur’an upon the dead, is the Janazah (Funeral) prayer. This prayer has been ruled upon us, and it certainly brings a benefit to the dead from what it contains of Qur’anic recitation and supplication to Allah for forgiveness. If the supplications for forgiveness in the prayer reach the dead, then the Qur’anic recitation in the prayer also reach the dead. In addition, these recitations reach the dead whether they have been completed part of the prayer in a combined form, or whether they’re carried out separately as a form of worship outside the prayer. Allah orders us towards guidance, and He is the one that guides his slaves towards the straight path. The general order in the Qur’anic ayah which means “Do good deeds as such will lead to success” also points to this meaning.

. However, if someone constructs a mosque near the grave of a pious person for the prupose of seeking tabarruk and not for prostration or paying attention towards them, he will never be included in this prohibition

Ye$ i got your point.... But unfortunately the$e place$ turn into $hirk Capital... Many people $tart$ praying to the grave and Give it $hijdah....

You know the Wahabbis talk about the pristine version of Islam but they base most of their nonsense on Hadith that came 300+ years after the death of the Prophet PBUH. Lol at the irony.

To quote hadith without the sharh is senseless and you can literally make what you want of the hadith, which in itself is a very dangerous thing.

Back
Top Bottom