What's new

In Kerala, Inter-Faith Couple Lives in Fear, Plans to Request Chief Minister For Help

That is the most dangerous reason for me to ignore you; you worship me regardless, just last week I heard rumours of a shipment of 5000 Gendas and 200 agarbattis to a certain Butt house.. to be used to garland a room and a poster with my profile page from here. Neighbors report hearing Hymns of "Oscariyaa.. Wawwooo.. Oscariyaa.. Wawoo."

God help me ! :o:

The question for the Islamic state is not essentially on the imperative on its existence ..but what might be done in such an existence. In either case the Quran does address issues that would come up within a society of Muslims.

I agree however the Koran isn't a electronic appliance's manual its an extremely insightful text that touches on the principles of philosophy, sociology, political science and economics without giving a system to go about implementing them. Which, if you think about it, makes sense because whereas a principle maybe evergreen....a system will never be.

Thats precisely why even in the earliest of times Muslims used their brains to improvise because they understood the underlying principles behind the Koranic and Prophetic Traditions.

Take the e.g of Omar ibn al Khattab (RA) he suspended Zakat, the punishment for Theft etc. during the time of the severe drought that gripped Arabia. In fact I've also read about his other such acts which seemed improvised such as forbidding (under-penalty-of-punishment) a father from revealing that his daughter committed adultery in her youth when a man had come to ask her hand in marriage or when telling a landlord that if his servants commit theft again out of hunger he'd have him suffer the maximum penalty for theft and not them.

Try saying something along those lines today and half the so-called clerics would be screaming 'bidat' or 'innovation' at the top of their lungs.

If you get the chance to read Iqbal's Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam these are the things that hes been talking about throughout; that you need to reconstruct religious thought in Islam in the light of the modern paradigms we find ourselves in.

There needs to be a very thorough and academic effort in writing a Fatwa-e-Alamgiri of our age including going back to the Primary Sources and re-examining the existing Fiqhs in their light and the light of our surroundings once more in diligent manner.

I personally believe that this and this alone is through which we'd finally be able to end this endless debate of Secular State vs Islamic State, our relations to the Non-Believers, Pan-Islamism vs National Identity, Finance vs Islamic Finances, our social standards of propriety vs what the world tells us is progressiveness etc.

God help me ! :o:

I agree however the Koran isn't a electronic appliance's manual its an extremely insightful text that touches on the principles of philosophy, sociology, political science and economics without giving a system to go about implementing them. Which, if you think about it, makes sense because whereas a principle maybe evergreen....a system will never be.

Thats precisely why even in the earliest of times Muslims used their brains to improvise because they understood the underlying principles behind the Koranic and Prophetic Traditions.

Take the e.g of Omar ibn al Khattab (RA) he suspended Zakat, the punishment for Theft etc. during the time of the severe drought that gripped Arabia. In fact I've also read about his other such acts which seemed improvised such as forbidding (under-penalty-of-punishment) a father from revealing that his daughter committed adultery in her youth when a man had come to ask her hand in marriage or when telling a landlord that if his servants commit theft again out of hunger he'd have him suffer the maximum penalty for theft and not them.

Try saying something along those lines today and half the so-called clerics would be screaming 'bidat' or 'innovation' at the top of their lungs.

If you get the chance to read Iqbal's Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam these are the things that hes been talking about throughout; that you need to reconstruct religious thought in Islam in the light of the modern paradigms we find ourselves in.

There needs to be a very thorough and academic effort in writing a Fatwa-e-Alamgiri of our age including going back to the Primary Sources and re-examining the existing Fiqhs in their light and the light of our surroundings once more in diligent manner.

I personally believe that this and this alone is through which we'd finally be able to end this endless debate of Secular State vs Islamic State, our relations to the Non-Believers, Pan-Islamism vs National Identity, Finance vs Islamic Finances, our social standards of propriety vs what the world tells us is progressiveness etc.

Help you!.. Help ME!.. Im the one with you stalking me.

I don't disagree with the need to look back at all avenues for a modern introspection. But at the same time, as I mentioned in a post earlier here.. there are certain laws and "Hudood" laid down for the behaviour of humans that regardless of how we feel about them are a part of the religion.

2. From a legal point of view, the laws of the state of India are supreme EVEN in the eyes of Islamic Jurisprudence..
Finally I think we agree on something and there's no point stretching this debate, as from here on it would become a religious debate which might earn me a few negatives and a pink badge. Lol
But I'm glad that our constitution gives the gal right to live with a man she chooses.
Now I'm just curious as to why you chose to ignore my reply to you( #326 on this thread) and instead picked up a post which was actually a reply to amii's post....just curious.
Armstrong said:
Thats precisely why even in the earliest of times Muslims used their brains to improvise because they understood the underlying principles behind the Koranic and Prophetic Traditions
Was I not telling you the same thing in the morning??? :coffee:

Finally I think we agree on something and there's no point stretching this debate, as from here on it would become a religious debate which might earn me a few negatives and a pink badge. Lol
But I'm glad that our constitution gives the gal right to live with a man she chooses.
Now I'm just curious as to why you chose to ignore my reply to you( #326 on this thread) and instead picked up a post which was actually a reply to amii's post....just curious.

Was I not telling you the same thing in the morning??? :coffee:

That is because my earlier reply was still sufficient for it. See, Any Ifs and whys.. and I hope it snows in June do not make what is essentially the edict proven to be as it is stated till now any different in its interpretation. I would be dishonest if I agreed to change around my understanding of it just to please you or anyone else... it would be dishonest to you. Hence what I had written earlier was sufficient for your reply as well and I saw no reason to basically present you Jelly and Peanut butter sandwich right after you were given Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich.

That is because my earlier reply was still sufficient for it. See, Any Ifs and whys.. and I hope it snows in June do not make what is essentially the edict proven to be as it is stated till now any different in its interpretation. I would be dishonest if I agreed to change around my understanding of it just to please you or anyone else... it would be dishonest to you. Hence what I had written earlier was sufficient for your reply as well and I saw no reason to basically present you Jelly and Peanut butter sandwich right after you were given Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich.
Why do you Pakistanis always beat around the bush??:confused: Why can't you guys come straight to the point???
(Reminds me of a hindi song....khair Choro)

Last edited:
hello ma'am .
which religion do you believe in.
do you believe in god.
I think you are a Muslim, aren't you.
Yes I'm a Muslim, also a Hindu and a Christian....wait I think I can trace my roots back to Buddhism too.:lol:

I'm a human first ...my nationality and religion 're secondary.
And to answer your question if I believe in God? YES I believe in almighty.:)

Kyun Bhai kyun peeche pade ho mere kal se??
Why do I've a feeling that your's is a duplicate id?

Why do you Pakistanis always beat around the bush??:confused: Why can't you guys come straight to the point???
(Reminds me of a hindi song....khair Choro)

Funny, in this case I simply avoided the ring around the roses bush. (reminds me of another song.. )

Funny, in this case I simply avoided the ring around the roses bush. (reminds me of another song.. )
And here we go around the mulberry bush again....or is it rose???

Reminds me of another nursery rhyme.... But Khair Choro.

Why don't you just post " I am a Christian Keralite" and be done with it ? ...... why rant so much ?
Lol..your sixth sense does not seem to be fairing very well today. Not that I feel the need to take you off your high horses...but I'm a Hindu by birth and you are a retard for lifetime.

Lol..your sixth sense does not seem to be fairing very well today. Not that I feel the need to take you off your high horses...but I'm a Hindu by birth and you are a retard for lifetime.

LOL. sure you are ....and I am the queen of England.

Will the power of christ heal me ? :cheesy:
Don't think so..I just phoned him and he told me that he had already discussed your case with Mahavishnu,Buddha and Mahaveera...They were all equally hopeless and helpless in your matter and told me to better
advice you to check your HEAD in the address given below...
Government Mental Hospital
Oolanpara,Peroorkada
Trivandrum-695005
Kerala....

Back
Top Bottom