What's new

In Iran, Muslim youth are 'even more excited about Christmas than Christians'

Why do you seek a religious explanation or justification for a simple festivity? Iranian 'muslims' have started to celebrate Christmas because they like the atmosphere of Christmas and because they are fed up with Islamic festivities; they are not seeking the approval of mullahs to celebrate it.

u r making no sense bro isnt Christmas itself a religious thing :cry: stop being mean to me i am not anti shia

Jesus is also Messiah to Muslims. So if Muslims also celebrate Christmas I think its not a severe breach to Islam. Yeah, celebrating birthdays is not custom in Islam but its not forbidden either.

How does one celebrate christmas in the first place? That's what I want to know.

Then we will answer the question if it's something Muslims can embrace which I can tell you beforehand it's not.

Fine. I do not have a problem with Christmas too. Some people like Hazzy on the other hand do; which is laughable since Hazzy the Palestinian is living in a western country himself.

Succes with your entrance examination btw.

Why'd you mention me in the first place? I'm sure this is the first time I spoke about Christmas.

I don't think people understand what it means to celebrate Christmas, it's not putting up trees and giving warm salutes to everybody.

It's an actual christian ritual they made it out to be. So I don't know why Muslims here are saying its lawful to celebrate Christmas.

PS: I don't have a problem with people celebrating Christmas, please tell me what made you come to this conclusion.

Last edited:
See..Christmas is highly commercialized around the world...People who are Non Christian, they celebrate because it symbolizes...shopping and festivity....

Muslims believe they are more Christians than Christians themselves since Muslims believe only they are true followers of Jesus Christ through the teachings of Prophet Muhammad.

Jesus is also Messiah to Muslims. So if Muslims also celebrate Christmas I think its not a severe breach to Islam. Yeah, celebrating birthdays is not custom in Islam but its not forbidden either.

The Christmas celebration was not once mentioned in biblical text, celebrating Christmas is just saying that you declare that Isa AS was born on this day?

The Christmas celebration was not once mentioned in biblical text, celebrating Christmas is just saying that you declare that Isa AS was born on this day?

Do we know exactly when Prophet Muhammad (SA) was born?

Muhammed was born in Mecca, now in Saudi Arabia, in the year 570 of the Gregorian calendar. The precise date of his birth is unclear. However, Sunni Muslims observe Muhammed's birthday on the 12th day of the Islamic month of Rabi' al-awwal, while Shi'a Muslims mark it on the 17th day of this month.

Prophet's Birthday

Prophet Jesus (AS) may have born in another date but its just remembrance of him. Just take it lightly. If you don't want to celebrate then its perfect, if someone wants to celebrate its not Haram but I think since Sharia doesn't endorse celebrating birthdays we should not even observe Prophet Muhammad (SA)'s birthday. Its bidyat.

Iranians in Canada celebrate Christmas more than Christians

Prophet's Birthday

Prophet Jesus (AS) may have born in another date but its just remembrance of him. Just take it lightly. If you don't want to celebrate then its perfect, if someone wants to celebrate its not Haram but I think since Sharia doesn't endorse celebrating birthdays we should not even observe Prophet Muhammad (SA)'s birthday. Its bidyat.

Prophet's Birthday

First of allah, Mawlid Un Nabi is Bidah as none of the Sahabas or the Prophet him self celebrated his own birthday and I have seen how the Brelvi celebrate Mawlid by ordering cakes and putting up Christmas decorations.

Christmas - It's haram to say Merry Christmas as you are declaring that Jesus was born on this day, it's better to say Happy Holidays. Many will say Christmas is a universal holiday in the west, which it is but that doesn't mean for us Muslims that we should start celebrating Christmas. Remember we try to emulate our Prophet not imitating the kuffaar by singing Christian hymns and decorating Christmas trees in our own homes.

western wannabes:sarcastic:

mj-laughing.gif

First of allah, Mawlid Un Nabi is Bidah as none of the Sahabas or the Prophet him self celebrated his own birthday and I have seen how the Brelvi celebrate Mawlid by ordering cakes and putting up Christmas decorations.

Christmas - It's haram to say Merry Christmas as you are declaring that Jesus was born on this day, it's better to say Happy Holidays. Many will say Christmas is a universal holiday in the west, which it is but that doesn't mean for us Muslims that we should start celebrating Christmas. Remember we try to emulate our Prophet not imitating the kuffaar by singing Christian hymns and decorating Christmas trees in our own homes.

If participating in festivals is Kaffar then I guess almost 99% Muslims doing Kuffar since most Muslims celebrate birthdays with cakes imitating Christmas cake and lights.

Not everyone who is born to Muslim father and mother is a Muslim, they are only Muslim in name.

People who celebrate Christmas in Iran are either Christians or those who don't care about any religion at all and only do it out of fun, the same people will celebrate Nowruz too.

Agreed. While I don't really know about Iranians inside Iran, the ones I have seen abroad "Dubai, the U.S, and Canada" are anything but religious -- to say the least.

This is the complete opposite of what a lot of Iran's neighbors think of Iranians as "hardcore Shia".

Far from it...

I think that they are more likely to be nationalistic than religious -- and there is so much agnosticism and hatred towards religion among them compared to other Middle Easterners (including Christian Middle Easterners).

A significant number of these immigrants are new arrivals and no not all of them landed in 1979.

Some of the harshest anti-Islam comments I have ever heard and read came form Iranian Immigrants living abroad.

That is not because they are Shia. Arab, Pakistani, and Indian Shias are often religious.

Though the lack of interest in religion does not mean it is bad to use it as a winning political card.

In recent years, Iranian youth have not only taken to celebrating Christmas, they’ve also begun observing holidays popular in the Western world like Valentine’s Day and Halloween

There's your answer.

This has nothing to do with religion; it's all about marketing and creating more consumers. All these holidays are hyped up to get people to buy stuff.

Who is hyping those holidays?

Marketing industry paid by businesses.

Christmas wasn't enough, so we had Valentine's day, and Halloween, and Mother's day, and Father's day, and ....

Each such occasion means people buying presents, people dining out, people spending money.

Marketing industry paid by businesses.

Christmas wasn't enough, so we had Valentine's day, and Halloween, and Mother's day, and Father's day, and ....

Each such occasion means people buying presents, people dining out, people spending money.
there is no problem with buying present and spending money if it bring people together , ad a matter of fact it's a worthy way for spending money

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom