What's new

In Indonesia, 1998 violence against ethnic Chinese remains unaddressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youtube is credible, Kompasiana is a joke. LOLs.

What media that you consider as credible then?

Los Angels Time you accuse a joke as well?
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/04/world/la-fg-indonesia-chinese-20100704

KOMPASIANA ADALAH MEDIA WARGA, SETIAP KONTEN DIBUAT OLEH DAN MENJADI TANGGUNGJAWAB PENULIS.

about LA tmes i dont know its from 2010 but the point is
Chinese have seen their lot improve but many say they are still treated like outsiders.
according reporter

IGNORANCE AT IS BEST

I also interest with that too.
The question is, Does Nihonjin has another account (his real Indonesian flag account) in here?
And for the forum, what forum is it?
And if he has an Indonesian flag account, does he post in this thread?
Interesting, isn't it? :D Make me very very curious.
Yes, in this thread....
And they are not one person, but a team.
You will see, one account shows different levels of English....Sometimes, their English sucks, sometimes even better than native speaker...

KOMPASIANA ADALAH MEDIA WARGA, SETIAP KONTEN DIBUAT OLEH DAN MENJADI TANGGUNGJAWAB PENULIS.

about LA tmes i dont know its from 2010 but the point is
Chinese have seen their lot improve but many say they are still treated like outsiders.
according reporter

IGNORANCE AT IS BEST

Only that you want to quote, then accuse me ignorance?

Why dont you quote these:

=> Yet many still feel like unwanted outsiders, their community cast as a greedy merchant class with allegiances to Indonesia and China.

=> "The lot of ethnic Chinese here has greatly improved since Suharto, but that doesn't mean the riots' underlying problems have been resolved," said Leo Suryadinata, a professor at Singapore's Nanyang Technological University who focuses on Chinese Indonesian issues.

=> "Issues of poverty, ethnic tension and a gap between rich and poor that led to the violence are still very much alive."

=> Many say the rise of Islamic fundamentalism has further marginalized ethnic Chinese. In one rural province, clerics recently disrupted a Chinese parade, arguing that the noise of firecrackers and running dragons interfered with Muslim prayer rites.

=> Many Indonesians still believe people with Chinese blood keep close allegiances to Beijing," said Andy Yentriyani, a leader of the National Commission on Violence Against Women. "The idea is that any freedoms or authority given the ethnic Chinese will come back to harm Indonesia."

=> "They would ask the same question: 'Why do you live here among the poor? We know that all the Chinese are rich,' " Ruminah recalled.

Count your self how many statement that you have ignored.

This is what we call: "delusional" or whisfull thinking. You only see what you want to see.

Who is the Ignorance at is best here? LOLs.

Only that you want to quote, then accuse me ignorance?

Why dont you quote these:

=> Yet many still feel like unwanted outsiders, their community cast as a greedy merchant class with allegiances to Indonesia and China.

=> "The lot of ethnic Chinese here has greatly improved since Suharto, but that doesn't mean the riots' underlying problems have been resolved," said Leo Suryadinata, a professor at Singapore's Nanyang Technological University who focuses on Chinese Indonesian issues.

=> "Issues of poverty, ethnic tension and a gap between rich and poor that led to the violence are still very much alive."

=> Many say the rise of Islamic fundamentalism has further marginalized ethnic Chinese. In one rural province, clerics recently disrupted a Chinese parade, arguing that the noise of firecrackers and running dragons interfered with Muslim prayer rites.

=> Many Indonesians still believe people with Chinese blood keep close allegiances to Beijing," said Andy Yentriyani, a leader of the National Commission on Violence Against Women. "The idea is that any freedoms or authority given the ethnic Chinese will come back to harm Indonesia."

=> "They would ask the same question: 'Why do you live here among the poor? We know that all the Chinese are rich,' " Ruminah recalled.

Count your self how many statement that you have ignored.

This is what we call: "delusional" or whisfull thinking. You only see what you want to see.

Who is the Ignorance at is best here? LOLs.

nah you ignorant about kompasiana
and the article from 2010 and its six 6 years ago and i think its far improved today

and the article from 2010 and its six 6 years ago and i think its far improved today

Yeah you think ! based on 1 video on youtube ... while being denial about more credible media. LOLs.

At least the writer in Kompasiana is a Sociologist and Researcher, Ph.D in Sociology, National University of Malaysia (UKM), not a random person in your youtube video which doesnt prove anything except there are still some people that have simpathy to do the right things.

Selengkapnya : http://www.kompasiana.com/musniumar...balai-sumatera-utara_579e716ed47a61b11ffef310

Do you live in Indonesia? Chinese ethnic condition is far improved indeed, but the root cause remains.

Yeah you think .. based on 1 video on youtube ... while being denial about credible media. LOLs.

Do you live in Indonesia? Chinese ethnic condition is far improved indeed, but the root cause remains.

yes i live in indonesia, i choose youtube because we can play the video to see whats going on, and your kompasiana please read term and condition kompasiana
because democracy i can say whatever i think

yes i live in indonesia, i choose youtube because we can play the video to see whats going on, and your kompasiana please read term and condition kompasiana
because democracy i can say whatever i think

What do you want to prove with youtube video? that the sentiment anti chinese has disappeared? LOLs.

Look again who is the writer. Are you saying the guy with this credibility will peril his reputation for the cheap writing/provocation?

Doesnt matter the Kompasiana term and condition, we see who is the writer. If the writer has no credibility and not verified then we ignore. But if the writer is researcher with PhD and verified, at least his comment is not simply random.

If you want to prove he is wrong, then show evidence/ statement from other reputable writer that say the opposite, not by your imagination that built from youtube.

What do you want to prove with youtube video? that the sentiment anti chinese has disappeared? LOLs.

Look again who is the writer. Are you saying the guy with this credibility will peril his reputation for the cheap writing/provocation?

Doesnt matter the Kompasiana term and condition, we see who is the writer. If the writer has no credibility and not verified then we ignore. But if the writer is researcher with PhD and verified, at least his comment is not simply random.

If you want to prove he is wrong, then show evidence/ statement from other reputable writer that say the opposite, not by your imagination that built from youtube.

soo the point of all your post is sentiment of anti chinese should be eternal and dont be disapeeared in indonesia?
i bring you the video to show you peace has come back in tanjungbalai

'credible media' Kompasiana. :haha: Use your brain!

So you believe more on a Kompas reporter/newsman/journalist than PhD researcher who is speaking in Kompasiana forum?

Can you prove that what this researcher explain is wrong? go ahead bring your evidence or any other credible author/researcher/professor that say the opposite that ruin his statement.

If Harvard University professor put his research in the youtube or any less credible media his statement become invalid?

Your brain is amazing :lol:

soo the point of all your post is sentiment of anti chinese should be eternal and dont be disapeeared in indonesia?
i bring you the video to show you peace has come back in tanjungbalai

The root causes has been explained clearly (from the researcher that I brought from Kompasiana, and article LA Times).

As long as the root cause remains, the sentiment anti chinese that could lead to riots will be there.

as long we respect each other and we one indonesian bhinneka tunggal ika
and throw away past and walk toward better future
if you dont want move on you will be stranded in past time, still rumage in past story and whining like a bitch about the past

Last edited:
So you believe more on a Kompas reporter/newsman/journalist than PhD researcher who is speaking in Kompasiana forum?

It's useless, a great insight have no value when delivered by a cry baby like u. While His approach is quite comprehensive and fair, you are not! And don't bring Kompasiana to the table, that's just tools. Both an idiot or a professor can throw up their opinion there. So it's not a credible source by default, everyone need to verify any opinion there. You should just said report from Mr. X or Y.

And while the root problem is still there and will be there still for many generation to come, everyone need to be wise and move on with their life. The most important thing is to keep peace and strengthen tolerance. And that's not gonna happen if everyone keep spewing hatred that attracted similar agitative attitude from the other groups.

t as long we respect each other and we one indonesian bhinneka tunggal ika
and throw away past and walk toward better future
if you dont want move on you will be stranded to past time, still rumage in past story and whining like a bitch about the past

Totally agree with you for this. :cheers:

We have to respect each other and walk toward better future ... but ... of course without ignoring what happened in the past.

With partially chinese descendant, I have no heart feeling about what happened in 98 or sort, and we forgive! Totally - no feeling of hatred at all.

I just need to debunk those who play denial about what happened in 98, or people that downplay it just like those in page #1,#2. The reality must be told as it is.

It's useless, a great insight have no value when delivered by a cry baby like u. While His approach is quite comprehensive and fair, you are not! And don't bring Kompasiana to the table, that's just tools. Both an idiot or a professor can throw up their opinion there. So it's not a credible source by default, everyone need to verify any opinion there. You should just said report from Mr. X or Y.

And while the root problem is still there and will be there still for many generation to come, everyone need to be wise and move on with their life. The most important thing is to keep peace and strengthen tolerance. And that's not gonna happen if everyone keep spewing hatred that attracted similar agitative attitude from the other group.

I dont crybaby at all nor spew hatred. This is only your prejudice. Which statement that show my hatred here?

I just debunk your denial or madokaf or any other Indonesian denial about what happen in 98 and what still happen in Indonesia until now. We have to tell 100% truth not partial truth and play hipocrisy by diverting story.

Going forward better in peace and tolerance doesnt mean that we have to deny - divert story and bury our head into sand.

Like I said: If you think that PhD researcher in Kompasiana said wrong opinion, please prove it! bring opinion from other researcher that say the opposite. Your assumption/accusation about his opinion cannot ruin his credibility until you can prove him wrong. No matter his opinion is uploaded in youtube, Kompasiana, BBC or New York Times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom