What's new

In India 7 yrs in jail for eating beef; cops can raid on mere suspicion

enjoy the meat forget law , yummy

images

Try it dude its not as bad as you think.

there is difference between 'important' and 'respected'.

Most Sikhs i know do not eat beef for respect and a true Khalsa Sikh will not even eat meat what does that tell you?

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

phoca_thumb_l_mora_08.jpg

i tried both beef and pig meat i can tell you Bacon is yummy try it sometime :D

Really? Cows are sacred animals in India? Thanks for letting me know, I never knew this until now. :facepalm:

Obviously to some people in India cows are sacred animals, but to the rest of the population that do not abide by the Hindu religion, they shouldn't be forced to not eat beef simply because some people think eating beef is sacrilegious. There is a line in the sand, when the government starts telling people what they can and can not do, simply because of their personal religious beliefs, that is wrong.
Oh man, you didn't even know cows are sacred to hindus? That is just scratching the surface. Once you dig a little deeper, the dark subcontinent has many, many medieval and dark secrets. For example, sacred cow produces a beverage.

Oh man, you didn't even know cows are sacred to hindus? That is just scratching the surface. Once you dig a little deeper, the dark subcontinent has many, many medieval and dark secrets. For example, sacred cow produces a beverage.

oh and that same urine was used by the ancient Chinese on their babies yes true

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

In China, the urine of young boys has been regarded as a curative. In southern China, babies' faces are washed with the urine of other young boys as a skin protectant.

Urine therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

of course Chinese eat anything that moves from dogs to cats to any insect :D least our Buddhist brothers and sisters follow dharma.

oh and that same urine was used by the ancient Chinese on their babies yes true

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

In China, the urine of young boys has been regarded as a curative. In southern China, babies' faces are washed with the urine of other young boys as a skin protectant.

Urine therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

off course Chinese eat anything that moves from dogs to cats to any insect :D least our Buddhist brothers and sisters follow dharma.
I'm talking about milk! What are you doing talking about?

:rofl: then why are you advocating this ban come on when you also eat it:chilli:

It is not banned in the whole of India but in one state Madhya pradesh which has 92% Hindus and is BJP led, if you go to Goa or Kerala you can eat as much beef as you want:)

But to respect other peoples religion and cultures we must learn to live together and it's about giving and taking and our Indian muslims understand this thats why they issued a fatwa.

INDIA_-_ORISSA.jpg

For the sake of peace we must all live together otherwise these hardcore religious nuts will make Yeti meat out of me one day :lol:

Little education goes along way friend the cow is respected in many religions like for Hindus/Buddhist/Jains and Sikhs but I don't expect Abrahamic religions to understand this.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

It is like we banned the satanic verses or the Prophet Mohamed cartoons we must all live together in India all religions so it is a little give or take.

if our Indian Muslim brothers and sisters support us in this and even issued a fatwa why do we care what outsiders think? they not Indian so who cares

Did you not read what I just wrote? I KNOW COWS ARE SACRED! My point is that the gov't shouldn't be overstepping its boundaries and forcing all of its citizens to abide by one religion. If your religion forbids you from eating beef, fine no problems with me there. But if you take your personal beliefs and force other people to suffer because of it, I have a problem with that. Imagine if Israel banned people from eating pork. Judaism forbids the consumption of pork (among other animals) however you don't see our government crossing their boundaries and stopping people in Israel from eating pork. The people of India are having their rights violated when they are being forbidden from eating beef, irregardless if they agree with it or not.

Did you not read what I just wrote? I KNOW COWS ARE SACRED! My point is that the gov't shouldn't be overstepping its boundaries and forcing all of its citizens to abide by one religion. If your religion forbids you from eating beef, fine no problems with me there. But if you take your personal beliefs and force other people to suffer because of it, I have a problem with that. Imagine if Israel banned people from eating pork. Judaism forbids the consumption of pork (among other animals) however you don't see our government crossing their boundaries and stopping people in Israel from eating pork. The people of India are having their rights violated when they are being forbidden from eating beef, irregardless if they agree with it or not.

India is not Israel what works for you will not work for us. Just like in France they have banned the wearing of Hijab in public places is this not aganist UN geneva law? that you can dress how u wish? the diffrence is pork is considered dirty by muslims and jews but the cow is considered sacred so the two can't be compared.

I must state again this law is not nation wide! but in one state

fair point actually. :tup:
I wouldn't mind having a Big Mac in delhi:D

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

India is not Israel what works for you will not work for us. Just like in France they have banned the wearing of Hijab in public places is this not aganist UN geneva law? that you can dress how u wish? the diffrence is pork is considered dirty by muslims and jews but the cow is considered sacred so the two can't be compared.
I must state again this law is not nation wide! but in one state

banning hijab was for security reasons.

And btw the whole thing about hinduism holding cow as sacred is patently incorrect. It's a widely held stereotype, nowhere in our sacred books has it been mentioned(specifically banning cow slaughter)

fair point actually. :tup:
I wouldn't mind having a Big Mac in delhi:D

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

banning hijab was for security reasons

Yes and No the idea behind the ban was of all religious items like crosses, Sikh turbans in public spaces.

Back
Top Bottom