What's new

In India 7 yrs in jail for eating beef; cops can raid on mere suspicion

Cow are considered sacred for many religions why can't people get this through their thick heads? :disagree:

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Respect people's religions and our Indian muslim brothers do not mind heck even the Moghuls banned cow slaughter :lol:

Really? Cows are sacred animals in India? Thanks for letting me know, I never knew this until now. :facepalm:

Obviously to some people in India cows are sacred animals, but to the rest of the population that do not abide by the Hindu religion, they shouldn't be forced to not eat beef simply because some people think eating beef is sacrilegious. There is a line in the sand, when the government starts telling people what they can and can not do, simply because of their personal religious beliefs, that is wrong.

Really? Cows are sacred animals in India? Thanks for letting me know, I never knew this until now. :facepalm:

Obviously to some people in India cows are sacred animals, but to the rest of the population that do not abide by the Hindu religion, they shouldn't be forced to not eat beef simply because some people think eating beef is sacrilegious. There is a line in the sand, when the government starts telling people what they can and can not do, simply because of their personal religious beliefs, that is wrong.

Little education goes along way friend the cow is respected in many religions like for Hindus/Buddhist/Jains and Sikhs but I don't expect Abrahamic religions to understand this.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

It is like we banned the satanic verses or the Prophet Mohamed cartoons we must all live together in India all religions so it is a little give or take.

if our Indian Muslim brothers and sisters support us in this and even issued a fatwa why do we care what outsiders think? they not Indian so who cares

Little education goes along way friend the cow is respected in many religions like for Hindus/Buddhist/Jains and Sikhs but I don't expect Abrahamic religions to understand this.

Its just another animal which is eaten all over the world. If some people dont wanna eat it let them be why force it on others? I love a good greasy steak. Yum yum!!

No no dont spread disinformation my friend have some shame ,No other religion says cow is sacred other then (a hindu sect )Hinduism (some hindus also eat cow meat)

, give us proofs of your claim ?

Yes, it is a stupid law but these things happen.

One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold public office.
Full text of the law.

The Bluebonnet is the official song of the state flower.
Full text of the law.

It is illegal to sell one�s eye.

A program has been created in the state that attempts to control the weather.

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.
Full text of the law.

It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

These are just a small selection of stupid laws from the US, there is an entire website dedicated to them:

Dumb Laws in United States. Crazy United States Laws. We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!

No no dont spread disinformation my friend have some shame ,No other religion says cow is sacred other then (a hindu sect )Hinduism (some hindus also eat cow meat)

, give us proofs of your claim ?

And if i give you proof what will be my prize? can you not use the keyboard yourself making me do all the work?

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Cattle in religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Importance of Cows in Sikhism

And if i give you proof what will be my prize? can you not use the keyboard yourself making me do all the work?

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

The Importance of Cows in Sikhism

this is what sikhs say :-

FAQ > Sikh Views

Q: Are some animals such as cow, snake, and elephant sacred?

A: Sikhism does not consider any animals sacred or more important than the others. Sikhism instructs not to worship any animals; rather Sikhs are to worship one God only.

According to Sikhism, the worship of anyone other than God is fruitless. The worship of cows, snakes, elephants or other animals will not lead one to salvation. Animals are not to be worshiped as God created them all and since He is above all, Sikhs are to worship only the One Supreme Lord. "The performance of countless millions of other devotions is not even equal to one devotion to the Name of God" (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1163).

Your are telling people lies shame on you , eat cow if you want , dont eat if you dont want, but dont spread disinformation

I want a apology from you standforinsaf saying I have no shame when you coulden't even be bothered to research it :D

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

this is what sikhs say :-

FAQ > Sikh Views

Q: Are some animals such as cow, snake, and elephant sacred?

A: Sikhism does not consider any animals sacred or more important than the others. Sikhism instructs not to worship any animals; rather Sikhs are to worship one God only.

According to Sikhism, the worship of anyone other than God is fruitless. The worship of cows, snakes, elephants or other animals will not lead one to salvation. Animals are not to be worshiped as God created them all and since He is above all, Sikhs are to worship only the One Supreme Lord. "The performance of countless millions of other devotions is not even equal to one devotion to the Name of God" (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1163).

Your are telling people lies shame on you , eat cow if you want , dont eat if you dont want, but dont spread disinformation

nobody is saying cow or snake is a God but it is respected in Sikhism just like Buddhism and Jains

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

कामधेन हरि हरि गुण गाम ॥
Kāmḏẖėn har har guṇ gām.
The Khaamadhayn, the cow of miraculous powers, is the singing of the Glory of the Lord's Name, Har, Har.
Guru Arjan Dev - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

I want a apology from you standforinsaf saying I have no shame when you coulden't even be bothered to research it :D

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

nobody is saying cow or snake is a God but it is respected in Sikhism just like Buddhism and Jains

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

कामधेन हरि हरि गुण गाम ॥
Kāmḏẖėn har har guṇ gām.
The Khaamadhayn, the cow of miraculous powers, is the singing of the Glory of the Lord's Name, Har, Har.
Guru Arjan Dev - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok
No one is saying that cow is not important yes its important but its just an other animal not sacred.

On 29 August 1961, the Burmese Parliament passed the State Religion Promotion Act of 1961, which explicitly banned the slaughtering of cattle nationwide (beef became known as todo tha (တိုးတိုးသား); lit. hush hush meat).

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

No one is saying that cow is not important yes its important but its just an other animal not sacred.

i said it was respected not sacred read what i wrote

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Some Sikhs eat any type of meat, some do not eat beef and some believe that Sikhs should not eat ritually slaughtered meat. Sikhs who have been initiated into the order of the Khalsa by the Amrit ceremony are strictly forbidden to eat any type of meat or meat products.

If you ever go to a Sikh temple to eat you will be served vegetarian food not meat.

Indians... Please please dont kill cows and eat them.

If you eat them then how can you send them across the border for few bucks. Some of your neighbours stopped raising cows anymore... and they treat those godly guest very well... hahahahah

Back
Top Bottom