What's new

In India 7 yrs in jail for eating beef; cops can raid on mere suspicion

India also banned Satanic Verses in order to protect religious feelings (with the objective of maintaining peace) or we don't ban early morning loudspeakes even when environmental guidelines are clear on this.

Although I'm against banning satanic verses and against banning cow slaughter and for banning early morning loudspeakers. That would be 100% secular, but I suppose public order and peace is more important.

Does not the state ban things some people consider part of hinduism? This is for the common good. Whats the big deal???

I once read Satanic Verses. It was boring as hell :lol:

Why not ban cigarettes and drugs lol!! So the indian gov care so much about health that they ban red meat but they promote taking bath in ganga water which is basically waste of ur toilet. hmmmmm

You have no respect for other peoples religion :disagree:

I do as long as they respect mine and in that case India fails miserably.

See the cow is sacred for many religions even the moghuls banned cow slaughter that is a fact so it is a touchy subject.

BANGALORE, Jul 14: Akhila Karnataka Pranidaya Sangha’s demand for amendment to Prevention of Cow Slaughter and Cattle Preservation Act 1964 has received support from Muslim Rashtriya Manch and Karnataka State Union Muslim League.

Representatives of the three organisations have welcomed the reported move of the Karnataka Government to amend the Act for a complete ban on slaughter of cow and its progeny and demanded early of a Bill in the current legislature session itself.

Akhila Karnataka Pranidaya Sangha’s Dayananda Swamiji hailed the Government’s move to bring in a legislation for amending the Act for banning slaughter of cows in the State and appealed to the Government to ensure that steps are taken to constitute a Karnataka Cow Welfare Commission to preserve cows.

``We want the Government to establish Goshalas in all the villages of the State, where the farmers will surrender aged cows, instead of selling them to slaughterhouses,’’ he said.

Endorsing the demand for a complete ban on cow slaughter, State convenor of Muslim Rashtriya Manch K M Anees-ul-Haq claimed that majority of Muslims in India had not touched beef in their life-time while some were only occasional beef-eaters.

He contended that Islam clearly asked Muslims to respect the sentiments of their neighbours. ``Naturally, we support the call for a ban on cow slaughter to respect the sentiments of our Hindu brethren,’’ he said.

Karnataka State Union of Muslim League President Mohammed Usman Ali pointed out that cow slaughter was also banned during the rule of the Mughals. Muslim rulers in South India such as the Bahmanis too had banned slaughter of cows.
``Slaughter of cows began only after the advent of British, who were beef-eaters,’’ he said pointing out that ``today’s Muslims are unnecessarily being sacrificed at the altar of the leather lobby.

Our Indian muslim brothers understand how it is for other religions who respect the cow so thats all that matters. We dont give a rats *** about Pakistani feelings they not Indian.

See the cow is sacred for many religions even the moghuls banned cow slaughter that is a fact so it is a touchy subject.

So why throw people in jail for eating cow? So is the dress code law imposed in KSA justified too because its their law?

So why throw people in jail for eating cow? So is the dress code law imposed in KSA justified too because its their law?

It's not whole of India buddy but 1 state which is Madya pradash which has 92% Hindus and is under BJP rule

As I said Safriz, secularism is not about allowing every group to do whatever hey want. What will happen if tomorrow Hindus decide to go slaughter pig right next to a Mosque under the pretext of secularism? Indian government will make sure that something like never happens as well. Thats secular right there. Making sure that everyones religious sensitivities are looked after.

There needs to be a system, mutual respect. If we go by the text book definition of secularism, there will be mayhem in every multi-religious, multi-cultural country of the world.

Are the cows being slaughtered right next to the temples or inside the temples ? In a secular country, one is allowed to do whatever he wishes while being sensitive to other's needs. A solution to this problem would be to make slaughter houses in the Muslim majority areas or outside the city limits. The argument that 'since Hindus are in majority in India, this ban is justified' is feeble'
Would the ban be overturned then if Muslims become the majority in India ?

Pakistan does not claim to be secular but still there are more than 30 wine shops in Karachi to cater to the needs of the Non-Muslim minorities. Should Pakistan ban and shut down all the wine shops because it has 98 % Muslims ?

The hypocrisy is pretty evident here and anyone who refuses to acknowledge it has a twisted moral compass. Pakistan is not secular but I would raise my voice if they close down the wine shops. I will not have a problem if they even make pig farms and sell its meat in designated restaurants for the people who consume it. Obviously it should be made outside the city to avoid any communal tensions.

India also banned Satanic Verses in order to protect religious feelings (with the objective of maintaining peace) or we don't ban early morning loudspeakes even when environmental guidelines are clear on this.

Although I'm against banning satanic verses and against banning cow slaughter and for banning early morning loudspeakers. That would be 100% secular, but I suppose public order and peace is more important.

Does not the state ban things some people consider part of hinduism? This is for the common good. Whats the big deal???

The big deal is some people saying that ' it is just in one state ', and condoning the act. This kind of legislation open up a Pandora's box for all kind of misplaced ideas. What if a Muslim majority government in one state passes a law keeping in view the sensitives of Muslims and ignores everyone else ? It does not make any difference if the government is led by BJP in a state with 92% Hindus because the entire premise behind this law is flawed.

The big deal is some people saying that ' it is just in one state ', and condoning the act. This kind of legislation open up a Pandora's box for all kind of misplaced ideas. What if a Muslim majority government in one state passes a law keeping in view the sensitives of Muslims and ignores everyone else ? It does not make any difference if the government is led by BJP in a state with 92% Hindus because the entire premise behind this law is flawed.

answer me one question - does quran tell you to eat beef to be a muslim ? if no, why are you whining ?

It will be hard for a Pakistani to understand this because you do not see how in India the cow is respected but our Indian muslim brothers understand it and so did the Moghuls thats what really matters.

It's not whole of India buddy but 1 state which is Madya pradash which has 92% Hindus and is under BJP rule

It will be hard for a Pakistani to understand this because you do not see how in India the cow is respected but our Indian muslim brothers understand it and so did the Moghuls thats what really matters

Would it be fine with you then if a Muslim led government in a state where there are 92% Muslims makes the Burqa mandatory to protect the sensitivities of the Muslims ? I am sure the minorities there would understand and be kool with it since that is how things are done in India.

We may have this law but it is better than the blasphemy law which has cost the lives of innocent people.

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Would it be fine with you then if a Muslim led government in a state where there are 92% Muslims makes the Burqa mandatory to protect the sensitivities of the Muslims ? I am sure the minorities there would understand and be kool with it since that is how things are done in India.

If a muslim wishes to wear a Burkha in Hindustan that is fine with me i have no issue but the cow is a sacred animal for hindus/buddhist/sikhs and jains and our Indian muslim brothers understand this so its not issue for them but only Pakistanis who we don't care about anyway so big deal.

there is no law banning burqa considering the sensitivity of muslims....they should be thankful for that....there is no law banning the use of blaring loudspeakers at ungodly times in the morning...why..? muslim sensitivity....

btw why are you pakistanis so worked up...dont you get beef in your cities..leave this matter to ourselves...we are more than sufficiently capable of handling this ourselves without expert guidance and advice from the land of pure..

Back
Top Bottom