What's new

In India 7 yrs in jail for eating beef; cops can raid on mere suspicion

Man hindus, particularly Brahmins used to eat beef no problem before in history. This is a fact.

that changed after hinduism came into existance,even the jews,muslims used to eat pork before judaism/islam came

I don't think so. Don't tell me Nambudiri Brahmins of kerela eat beef.

Those few hindus who eat beef ,do it out of their own free will .They will certainly hesitate to say that in public like they do it here with some degree of boasting.

Thank you.

Beef eating is more prevalent than you think. Can't say about brahmins in the south but Bengali brahmins eating beef is not uncommon.

Read up on the definition of secularism diving both religion from state :coffee:

Yet if people desire to eat beef in Secular India should they not ? Off topic again your pulling China where it has noting to do with this. Most Chinese are not muslim about 10-30 million of them they get rights as all Religious do however you don't go out in public and preach your religion that's secularism.

Thats not secularism,thats atheistic state.

You live in a country where 80% people regard the cow as religious and i believe it is totally normal to give up beef,i dont believe something as silly as beef can be the cornerstone of a massive religion like islam.

It is just a random point for unemployed,direction less youth to misdirect their energies and focus.

I am surprised that there are quiet a few of my countrymen who seem to support this ridiculous law.

You know those few are the ones who will even agree if the minorities are not allowed to eat at all-

that changed after hinduism came into existance,even the jews,muslims used to eat pork before judaism/islam came

Wtf, this is a discussion. Why you guys keep posting, without reading what other people are saying?

Refer to the article I posted, post# 225. This is an international fact bro.

BANGALORE, Jul 14: Akhila Karnataka Pranidaya Sangha’s demand for amendment to Prevention of Cow Slaughter and Cattle Preservation Act 1964 has received support from Muslim Rashtriya Manch and Karnataka State Union Muslim League.

Representatives of the three organisations have welcomed the reported move of the Karnataka Government to amend the Act for a complete ban on slaughter of cow and its progeny and demanded early of a Bill in the current legislature session itself.

Akhila Karnataka Pranidaya Sangha’s Dayananda Swamiji hailed the Government’s move to bring in a legislation for amending the Act for banning slaughter of cows in the State and appealed to the Government to ensure that steps are taken to constitute a Karnataka Cow Welfare Commission to preserve cows.

``We want the Government to establish Goshalas in all the villages of the State, where the farmers will surrender aged cows, instead of selling them to slaughterhouses,’’ he said.

Endorsing the demand for a complete ban on cow slaughter, State convenor of Muslim Rashtriya Manch K M Anees-ul-Haq claimed that majority of Muslims in India had not touched beef in their life-time while some were only occasional beef-eaters.

He contended that Islam clearly asked Muslims to respect the sentiments of their neighbours. ``Naturally, we support the call for a ban on cow slaughter to respect the sentiments of our Hindu brethren,’’ he said.

Karnataka State Union of Muslim League President Mohammed Usman Ali pointed out that cow slaughter was also banned during the rule of the Mughals. Muslim rulers in South India such as the Bahmanis too had banned slaughter of cows.

``Slaughter of cows began only after the advent of British, who were beef-eaters,’’ he said pointing out that ``today’s Muslims are unnecessarily being sacrificed at the altar of the leather lobby.’’

This is a touchy subject to say the least.

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Even the Mughals banned cow slaughter during their rule.

You know those few are the ones who will even agree if the minorities are not allowed to eat at all-

Lol you should read up the comments on some of the indian news sites. One said why not amend this and make the punishment life imprisonment instead. Another one said kick out all Muslims and Christians. Without them India would be the most progressive country since it will not consume any meat :lol:

There will always be such people around in India (replace India with Pakistan or China or USA and the statement holds true) who reflect such extreme views of imposing the choice of the majority on the minority. Doesnot mean it is right and neither does it mean that it will come to pass. What is does do is reflect poorly on such individuals and in some extent on the working of the society they belong to. Perhaps someday their IQ points will be kicked up a notch and good sense will prevail.
Until such day, we will have to endure such nonsense.

Its a just hypothesis ,not well established or accepted .So don't get too excited.

Many gods such as Indra and Agni are described as having special preferences for different types of flesh - Indra had weakness for bull's meat and Agni for bull's and cow's. It is recorded that the Maruts and the Asvins were also offered cows. In the Vedas there is a mention of around 250 animals out of which at least 50 were supposed to be fit for sacrifice and consumption. In the Mahabharata there is a mention of a king named Rantideva who achieved great fame by distributing foodgrains and beef to Brahmins. Taittiriya Brahman categorically tells us: `Verily the cow is food' (atho annam via gauh) and Yajnavalkya's insistence on eating the tender (amsala) flesh of the cow is well known. Even later Brahminical texts provide the evidence for eating beef. Even Manusmriti did not prohibit the consumption of beef.

I know Mahabharata very well . I didn't read that story any where.

Beside that on the other hand , the great Warrrior Karna of Mahabharata was cursed by a Rishi (sage) for killing his cow, that his chariot will slip into earth in the battle field ,

this law is totally against the fundamental rights of human in a secular society. A person should have all the rights to eat whatever he/she wants those who want to eat should be able to eat pork/chicken/goat & beef & those who don't should not not it's simple, but forcing ones believe on another person & not letting him/her eat whatever he/she wants to eat in the disguise of sensitivities of the majority is abnormal to say the least & it's utterly deplorable i thoroughly condemn this weird law

Back
Top Bottom