What's new

In India 7 yrs in jail for eating beef; cops can raid on mere suspicion

What Pakistanis is unable to unserstand this law is only for MP and such law might be there in Gujarat too.But beef is available in all metros.Atleast alcohol consumption is not banned in India

Forget others... As an Indian, I don't understand this law. It is regressive. The law should be challenged in the court and a precedent set so that all such laws are deemed illegal.

Along with this, I hope the personal laws are also scrapped and a common civil code introduced. It is time we reclaim our secular credentials.

TBH i never ever seen or even listen that some one drink camel urine its propaganda made by some muslim haters camel is not holy nor god we eat its meat so why urine?

Did you check the link? It seems legitimate to me. Its quoted from the Hadith.

Any way, I couldn't care less about your religion. Its just a reply to a d0ucheb@g.

TBH i never ever seen or even listen that some one drink camel urine its propaganda made by some muslim haters camel is not holy nor god we eat its meat so why urine?

Similar is the case with cow urine.Some people drink it because they consider it beneficial for health.There is no religious injuctions for it.It is part of ayurveda as a potential treatment for various ailments.

Meanwhile the website in link is run by muslims not some western propagandists.

What Pakistanis is unable to unserstand this law is only for MP and such law might be there in Gujarat too.But beef is available in all metros.Atleast alcohol consumption is not banned in India

This means that India is not secular. When you have people being jailed for eating beef just to appease people of a certain religion then you cannot call that secularism.
As for alcohol consumption in Pakistan. Non Muslims are free to consume all the alcohol they want. Even Muslims can obtain alcohol thanks to the lax laws. Almost every neighbourhood in Karachi has a wine shop. Even in the most conservative province (KPK) which is probably 99% Muslim, alcohol is widely available.
In Pakistan you don't get jailed for consuming pork or alcohol. Pork slaughter does not start conflicts between people of different religions here.

Why so much hue and cry being not able to Eat beef ??

I mean its not only mean available in the world or Eating Beef is obligatory for any religion ??

Does eating beef makes a good muslim ?? I don't think so.

In indian beef eating has been used as tactics for Muslims to demonstrate complete differentiation and conversion from the Hinduism of their ancestors as they accept the new religion of Islam.

Talking about secularism I hate to go OT but we don't get death penalty for critising a book in India.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

A. Historian DN Jha has written a book entitled "Holy Cow: Beef in the Indian Dietary Traditions" Jha has argued that the Rg Veda refers to the cooking of ox's flesh as offering
to the gods,especially Indra.Agni's food was the ox and the barren cow.This practice, acc. to him,continues up to 8th century AD in some form or other.But at the same time,there was tendency among Brahmins to discourage the practice of killing cows in Kalyug. Jha has also spoken
of the Manusmriti,which while providing a list of animals that could be eaten,forbade the eating of the cow
Acc. to Yajnvalkya Smriti ,a learned Brahmin should be welcomed with a big ox or goat,delicious food and sweet words.
Charaka Samhita, Sushruta Samhita and Astangahritaya of Vagbhata acc. to Jha,referred to the use of beef in case of specific illnesses.The book refers to Charaka prescribing a gruel prepared
with beef gravy, soured with pomegranates, as a remedy for intermittent fever.

Please read and research!!!

in india all relgious sensitivities are catered too...

satanic verses were banned due to muslims,,,da vinci code was banned in states due to chrristians and cow slaaughter is banned in some places for hindu sentiments...

just a simple give and take...why are people blowing hot and cold over this..?

Going by your name I assume you are from TN. I think cow slaughter is also banned in TN. Tamils celebrate Mattu Pongal as a respect to their cattle and this same people then send their cattle over to Kerala for us to consume. Do you not think its hypocritical.

Also seeing the Indian Vs Pakistan debate on beef I want to share an observation of mine from UAE. Almost every Indian restaurants mostly run by Keralites in UAE have beef dishes while Pakistani restaurants don't serve beef. The reason I heard is that the Pakistanis don't want to loose their Indian clients (Mostly from North India) who also eat at Pakistani restaurants as their food habits are the same.

PS:I don't eat or for that matter any red meat not due to religious reasons but medical as well as for hygienic reasons as the slaughter houses in my place are ****** and anyone who have seen it in action (including the slaughter process) will loose their appetite for red meat. Its said that the only reason why diseases are not spread is due to the fact that we don't eat steaks but curries which are boiled for hours causing any harmful bacterial to die.

Talking about secularism I hate to go OT but we don't get death penalty for critising a book in India.

I don't remember seeing Pakistanis stamping secularism on their fore heads. It is Indians that preach about how secular India is 24/7 but when news like these come out they actually begin to support Hindutva India and abandon secularism.

This means that India is not secular. When you have people being jailed for eating beef just to appease people of a certain religion then you cannot call that secularism.
As for alcohol consumption in Pakistan. Non Muslims are free to consume all the alcohol they want. Even Muslims can obtain alcohol thanks to the lax laws. Almost every neighbourhood in Karachi has a wine shop. Even in the most conservative province (KPK) which is probably 99% Muslim, alcohol is widely available.
In Pakistan you don't get jailed for consuming pork or alcohol. Pork slaughter does not start conflicts between people of different religions here.

Although I agree with your sentiments, there are a few corrections needed.
1) The law targets slaughter and not consumption of beef. So a beef consumer can consume as much beef as they want. The aim of this law though I agree is to stop consumption.
2) Pig slaughter for Muslims is not the same as Cow slaughter for Hindus. The pig is considered unholy while the cow is considered holy. A slaughtered pig carcass placed in a Mosque will have a much bigger reaction when compared to a slaughtered cow carcass in a mosque.

Also I do not think you can compare Pakistani and Indian tolerance to difference in opinions. I can talk about how stupid this law is in India openly without worrying about someone killing me for insulting their religion.

Also I do not think you can compare Pakistani and Indian tolerance to difference in opinions. I can talk about how stupid this law is in India openly without worrying about someone killing me for insulting their religion.

In Pakistan it depends who you arguing with. Same in India. If you were saying this amongst Hindu hardliners(Saffrons), I'm sure you would be attacked. It's funny Indians read sensationalist media about Pakistan when your own country is not that much different.

I would be angry if this was a pan India law & even after this law in MP I doubt this law will be enforced strictly & Congress will repel this Law when they will come back to power in MP.BTW MARCOS consume beef in their MRE's.I myself saw this in Vizag naval base.Do Ssg consume pork?Anyways I am a very open minded person and consume all sorts of meat.

I would be angry if this was a pan India law & even after this law in MP I doubt this law will be enforced strictly & Congress will repel this Law when they will come back to power in MP.BTW MARCOS consume beef in their MRE's.I myself saw this in Vizag naval base.Do Ssg consume pork?Anyways I am a very open minded person and consume all sorts of meat.

In Islam if there is no Halal meat available, then haram meat is allowed. Also SSG has eaten worse than Pork for training.

Back
Top Bottom