What's new

In India 7 yrs in jail for eating beef; cops can raid on mere suspicion

Diffrence is in India many consider the Cow to be a sacred animal whereas swine is considered a dirty animal in Islam so one should not compare the two examples. Having been to the Taj Hotel in Goa I can tell you they serve some of the finest beef you can find, I was curious and tasted it :D

it should be implemented nationwide.

^^
WARNING: Hindutva Extremist Alert-

13slde1.jpg

Lokie here- he also has beard- Terrorist :sniper:-

But this law is stupidity at best, 7 years of eating a stake, that too if a constable doubts I have eaten it? WTF?

LoBong,

Its a faulty article with many errors. I guess 7 years is the maximum punishment applicable.

Cow slaughter is now a serious offence and could invite a jail term of up to seven years in Madhya Pradesh. Consuming, keeping or transporting beef of any cow progeny will invite the same punishment. A police official not below the rank of a head constable — or any person authorised by a competent authority — has the power to enter, inspect and search any premises “where he has reason to believe that an offence (under this Act) has been, is being or is likely to be committed and take necessary action’’.

These stringent provisions will be notified after the Madhya Pradesh Gau-Vansh Vadh Pratishedh (Sanshodhan) Bill, 2010 received the President’s assent on December 22.

Citing public interest and communal harmony, the BJP government argued that existing legislation provided for only a three-year jail term for cow slaughter and had several flaws. The state government amended it in July 2010 and sent it to the President. The new provisions will enable authorities to punish transporters, their employees and drivers with jail terms from six months to three years.

This is not an issue in Bengal,that's because Bengalis are very secular.parties like BJP don't stand a chance there.

I give up. You Indians keep on banning everything that might seem offensive to a certain majority religion and your country will be sure to implode.

Indian Democracy is a lie. I hope non of you ever try to brag about it on this forum again. Your anti-corruption bill has failed and now you are restricting minorities from eating something that may but most likely is not forbidden to eat in your hindu religion.

Anyways goodluck.

\

Do not support this, breach of fundamental rights. Strange that Supreme Court upheld it. Who the hell are they to tell me what to eat or what not to eat? (except human flesh and endangered species)

breach of Fundamental right how????????

article 48 indian constitution says "The State shall endeavour to organise agriculture and animal husbandry on modern and scientific lines and shall, in particular, take steps for preserving and improving the breeds, and prohibiting the slaughter, of cows and calves and other milch and draught cattle."not a strange verdict

@Razpak,India scores much better than Pakisgan in corruption and democracy index and in HDI too.

BJP gets defeated in polls becaue such laws find few takers

True. This type of laws are then used by pseudo secular forces to win over the masses especially minorities depicting them as anti-minority. The minorities then go on and vote like sheep for the same old forces that keep them backward and ignorant.

I thought INDIA is a secular Democrazy with secular BJP & RSS contibuting to the upliftment of
minorities. I guess this is indian version of secularism. Jinnah was truly a great leader who foresaw
the hypocrisy of Hindus in an united INDIA. 7 years jail for eating beef!!!:cheesy: and yet they call
themselves secular.

Then if you or your akkas have guts to take referendum on Eating Habits i will like to be Independent...........Why should we move to Saudi or Pakistan.............
By The By In Kerala Beef is the Costlier than Chicken.................

I am an Indian, my parent's are hindus and I call this law stupid which has been legislated to pander to religious groups. Such laws are the beginning of the slippery slope which will result in the destruction of our country.

well said & well written :tup:

by two top poster's & two true Indians who's thoughts/thinking lies on the line of the very success of India

as a well wisher of India i will say' remember India's unity & beauty lies in its diversity & not in this weird majority sensitivism trend

if secularism is truly implemented then there no country as beautiful as India, a place i have visited many times loved its festivals be the fruit cakes & roasted turkeys of Christmas (a part of my family their are Christians) along with the roshogolla's & kachori bhajis in durga puja to the beef bihari kabob roll's in bakra eid however, this revisionist policy along the lines of this weird majority sensitivism theory trend that is slowly holding its grip in India's polity is the most & i repeat the most lethal enemy of the very fabric as regarding to the unity & security of India in itself the like of which is more dangerous then anything, to all those who love India i can only say please stop this right wing cancer before it spreads into the deep sections of the society & before it is too late

I give up. You Indians keep on banning everything that might seem offensive to a certain majority religion and your country will be sure to implode.

Indian Democracy is a lie. I hope non of you ever try to brag about it on this forum again. Your anti-corruption bill has failed and now you are restricting minorities from eating something that may but most likely is not forbidden to eat in your hindu religion.

Anyways goodluck.

The Moghuls also banned cow slaughter and they were a muslim empire for the most part.

This law is not for the whole of India but in the Hindi belt region.

Back
Top Bottom