What's new

In Huawei's Bid to Crack Market, U.S. Sees a Threat From China Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it.... Patents are there to license... It is all about how much money you are willing to pay for it.

Embargo on dual use technology and the definition of dual use is flexible.

Well, none of you chinese members or trolls are addressing the US concerns about chinese state sponsored hackers?

It's not about reciprocity in terms of volume (there's no reason to enforce some kind of parity) but there should be parity in terms of opportunities a company would face.
Also why would copy righting or as you put it plagiarism be a concern in this case?
Parity of course doesn't make sense in reciprocity ... but volume plays a part when you are considering widening trade imbalances. It is an economic choice any country will take. Parity in opportunities is another ball game, mostly dictated by trade figures again.

Perhaps Licensing/Copyrighting is more appropriate in this context rather than Plagiarism (for lack of a better word at the time of posting). But this is a perception and it is always hard to reverse the first impression... you know how the typical American consumer is. This may not relevant to this topic at hand, but (in my opinion) would have played a role in this decision making.

They have restrictions on every type of high technology.
That does not give any one the right to steal my intellectual property. If I invent something it is totally upto me and my company how and who can benefit from it.

Embargo on dual use technology and the definition of dual use is flexible.
Could you elaborate on dual use technology in this context?

The only troll here is you.

No he is right in his question. I was going to come to this question next. I quote from the article posted above:

First, this drama isn't just about the Chinese suitor Huawei. It's about China Inc. and cybersecurity in the U.S. Because of that, Huawei may not be getting into the U.S. market in a big way anytime soon.

You are probably right . But answer my question please. The US and other countries have a reason to feel paranoid since chinese hackers constantly assault their systems.

Chinese hackers also constantly attack Chinese government systems. They are not something the government can easily stop.

Could you elaborate on dual use technology in this context?

The US's embargo on China includes all military technology (until very very recently), this included technology that could be used in building weapons like fighters. Considering the wide overlap between civ tech and mil tech in advanced fields, it has used as the grounds to deny China the use (either license or import) of crucial technologies needed for a modern economy.

Chinese hackers also constantly attack Chinese government systems. They are not something the government can easily stop.

That is probably partially correct. Although the US keeps blaming Chinese govt involvement in cyber hacking, I believe most are just teenage hackers trying to prove themselves. But that does not eliminate the fact that there could be govt elements trying to hack into these systems. Even US does that, but in this case Huawei being in the core of the telecom routing business, poses a greater risk to the US when considering its communication security.

Well, there are allegations and proofs that these hackers are state sponsored. Not to mention, They have to be able to use systems of extremely sophisticated specifications to sustain these attacks.

Well, there are allegations and proofs that these hackers are state sponsored. Not to mention, They have to be able to use systems of extremely sophisticated specifications to sustain these attacks.

To date no actual proof has been found. Allegations are numerous though.

Sophisticated systems are easy to get for top hackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom