What's new

In hindsight, how did IK's ouster bode for Pakistan?

How did IK's ouster bode for Pakistan?

• Total voters
Ironically it made PDM take control at the worst possible time and their incompetence has never been more obvious. They are an absolute disorganised sh*tshow.

Everyone knew they didn't know how to manage the economy, and it was manipulation at its finest. But even an old dog that has tricks will one day die, and in this case, PDM as a collective has shown the world how impotent and brain-dead they are for the world to see. But, most importantly, it shows the world their supporters are just as equally stupid, and that's half the f*cking population. Well, they can live off roach biryani for all I care.

Depends how one looks at it:

• The soft coup by the GHQ was bad in the short term - the political vacuum created and instability hasn’t helped the economy at all and people are feeling the pinch in theIr wallets. I still don’t understand what good PMLN/PDM have gained from taking power. Is a few months in power worth having your names dragged through the mud and eating Lanats every night? Then again….maybe not.

• In the long term however this was good. For the first time, a major politician has completely shattered the myth of the military being this holy cow in Pakistan and that they would never harm Pakistan. What people (especially in Punjab) have accepted is that the GHQ is a foreign entity masquerading as the General Headquarters of the Pakistan Army. In reality, they’re mercenaries and this is a widely accepted belief now among some of the most pro-Army defender….I was one of them. Not anymore.

You see clowns like Husain Haqqani and all these other opportunists for the English papers (the elite Anglopakis) weren’t saying anything different than what Imran Khan Is now - calling out the establishment. But they did so under nefarious designs against Pakistan’s interests.

Imran Khan is calling them out in order to make Pakistan better and give power back to the people.

1) PTI majority in next elections is pretty much guaranteed.
2) People of Pakistan are actively taking part in politics
3) the fear of namalom afrad and establishment is gone.
4) people saw first hand what they can achieve if they vote. ( old myth of who ever establishment wants can win is no more)
5) yes, economy tanked and we are currently on the brink of collapse but InshAllah we will rise from this mess
6) so called religious parties/movement have been exposed

I voted good - mainly because if IK wasnt ousted the dirty face of Pakistani politics would not have surfaced as it has for all to see. IMO this isnt about IK anymore but about Pak needing reforms across all their institutions so they cant be used and abused so easily as they are.
I totally agree with your observation.
I also beleive it has bode well for Pakistan by exposing the real cancer that was hiding behind jawan's sacrifices and corrupt politicans for 75 years.

Without the ouster of Khan govt. the nation would have never been made aware of how truly corrupt, characterless, and shameless these neutrals are. Even those that were once there dye hard supporters are have now awoken to this dark reality.

It's 9th April 2022

Most of us were all despondent, frustrated, angry this time last year.

But, thinking back, do you guys think that night's events and events that followed the next 365 days were much needed?

@Areesh @Olympus81 @Maula Jatt @Zhukov @Imran Khan @M. Sarmad @Mirzali Khan @Acetic Acid @Jango @Signalian @Vapnope @Crimson Blue @PradoTLC @HAIDER @Zibago @Windjammer @waz @Black.Mamba @PakCan @truthseeker2010 @lightning F57 @Khan_21 @muhammadhafeezmalik @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @ghazi52 @That Guy @Menace2Society @_NOBODY_ @Mustang125 @PakFactor

Please feel free to tag everyone you know. It'd be great to get everyone's vote on this

It was needed, everyone got exposed.

Did I say anything wrong?
No, you are right partially. They are all chosen by their establishment. In that sense they are all same. Only IK went rogue and his ouster was sealed. It does not matter who it is at the helm, they are all puppets and have to toe the line. Pakistan awam deserve better, and bold leaders like IK is their only hope. He can stand up to their establishment and fight.

It was needed, everyone got exposed.
i think that was a master stroke, although I doubted his pacifist approach. but he has made them shoot their own feet. if he had gone on a mujhay kyon nikala 2, he would have been history. he actually built the narrative, mujhay isliye nikala and then made the nation hifz it.

It's 9th April 2022

But, thinking back, do you guys think that night's events and events that followed the next 365 days were much needed?

@Areesh @Olympus81 @Maula Jatt @Zhukov @Imran Khan @M. Sarmad @Mirzali Khan @Acetic Acid @Jango @Signalian @Vapnope @Crimson Blue @PradoTLC @HAIDER @Zibago @Windjammer @waz @Black.Mamba @PakCan @truthseeker2010 @lightning F57 @Khan_21 @muhammadhafeezmalik @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @ghazi52 @That Guy @Menace2Society @_NOBODY_ @Mustang125 @PakFactor

Please feel free to tag everyone you know. It'd be great to get everyone's vote on this
I remember it was ramzaan and i was outside for sehri in Islamabad. In public most people were in front of TV,s watching this news and speculating whether he will be a PM or not.
No one had the idea about the crisis we will be facing for the next upcoming year.

I do not think Imran Khan was worthy of the praises from the PDF crowd. He did some good. He was clueless on a few things. But the timing of his removal could not be worse. I have no clue why he was removed. Except it wasn't the letter from low level State Department functionary that led to his ouster.

As to the crowd that replaced Imran Khan I just roll my eyes, hold my nose and wait for them to leave office.

Overall, I think if we had no regime change, political stability would be a lot better. Finances and economy might be marginally better, but IK would now have been presiding over a similar sized disaster and would be facing the worst criticism he could imagine. Inflation would still be above 25%, we’d still have bailout delays, we’d still have no ability to issue dollar debt, SBP rates would still be record high, etc.
Funny thing is Immi is still betting on shaukat tarin to reform the economy. Economic destruction was imminent if khan remained in power, but would have been around 50%. Now it's 80% with PDM running the circus.

PTI majority in next elections is pretty much guaranteed
Lol as if it would make any difference...

It's 9th April 2022

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom