What's new

In Himalayan Arms Race, China One-ups India

Broccoli

Reaction score
Country
Finland
It has all the appearance of an arms race on the roof of the world.

Asia’s two great powers are facing off here in the eastern Himalayan mountains. China has vastly improved roads and is building or extending airports on its side of the border in Tibet. It has placed nuclear-capable intermediate missiles in the area and deployed around 300,000 troops across the Tibetan plateau, according to a 2010 Pentagon report.

India is in the midst of a 10-year plan to scale up its side. In the state of Arunachal Pradesh, new infantry patrols started on the frontier in May, as part of a surge to add some 60,000 men to the 120,000 already in the region. It has stationed two Sukhoi 30 fighter squadrons and will deploy the Brahmos cruise missile.

“If they can increase their military strength there, then we can increase our military strength in our own land,” Defence Minister A.K. Anthony told parliament recently.

Reuters journalists on a rare journey through the state discovered, however, that India is lagging well behind China in building infrastructure in the area.

Rest of the article here.
In Himalayan Arms Race, China One-ups India

Except infrastructure? Do indian really know in what they behind us? Patience.
Ten years ago, I saw India as a big opponent, now, they still are, but seems that they are less eligible to be, not because of china being more powerful, but that india-style. Talk more, do less. No patience, just know depend on others, and much unrealistic.
Even have vote right, but can't vote eligible official, even vote eligible official, but can't change the current station, or can't stick to it, also because of vote!
I know that many indian believe Western propaganda that the democracy decide that India will beat china, and they "wait" for that moment! Don't take anything for grant.
The player is you, not other thing, it is real, not daydream!

300,000 troops across the Tibetan plateau?

LOL!The Chengdu Military Region,of which the Tibetan Command is a part, is the smallest of China's 7 MRs。Responsible for Yunnan province(bordering Vietnam)、Guizhou province、Sichuan province、Chongqing municipality and Tibet Autonomous Region and covering a land area of 2.32 million sq km, the CMR has only 2 group armies,the 13th and the 14th,with TOTAL man power of less than 300,000。

These so-called Pentagon reports are not worth the paper they are printed on。 lol!

A few frontier regiments and occasional training exercises held on the Plateau by other units from the CMR,are enough to deter the Indians。

300,000 on the Tibetan Plateau?

We Chinese are not nearly as extravagant and wasteful as the Americans。:cheers:

Indian Army is fully prepared to combat any threat from chinese ... 300,000 is not a big number against Indian Army ... the main purpose of these chinese troops in Tibet must be policing the tibbetans and prosecute any one who wants to free Tibet from the hands of PLA ...
i hope a strong leader emerges in India soon and reverses the current Indian stand on Tibet ... India has a moral duty to free the Tibetan ppl who from thousand of years are practicing Indian philosophy and are peaceful people ... A war is imminent in future against the occupier chinese ... chinese should be pushed back to the lands they belong ... the eastern asian lands from beijing to hong kong...

i hope a strong leader emerges in India soon and reverses the current Indian stand on Tibet ... India has a moral duty to free the Tibetan ppl who from thousand of years are practicing Indian philosophy and are peaceful people ...

A war is imminent in future against the occupier chinese ... chinese should be pushed back to the lands they belong ... the eastern asian lands from beijing to hong kong...

Now those are contradictory statements :lol:

I really do hope what you say comes true. Really, I do...

Ten years ago, I saw India as a big opponent, now, they still are, but seems that they are less eligible to be, not because of china being more powerful, but that india-style. Talk more, do less. No patience, just know depend on others, and much unrealistic.
Even have vote right, but can't vote eligible official, even vote eligible official, but can't change the current station, or can't stick to it, also because of vote!
I know that many indian believe Western propaganda that the democracy decide that India will beat china, and they "wait" for that moment! Don't take anything for grant.

Totally agree with you. There are many things in which India can learn from China.

Difference is between the governmental structure and basic behavior of Indian and Chinese people. Chinese are more hard working and more focused. This is the major difference.

Indian Army is fully prepared to combat any threat from chinese ... 300,000 is not a big number against Indian Army ... the main purpose of these chinese troops in Tibet must be policing the tibbetans and prosecute any one who wants to free Tibet from the hands of PLA ...
i hope a strong leader emerges in India soon and reverses the current Indian stand on Tibet ... India has a moral duty to free the Tibetan ppl who from thousand of years are practicing Indian philosophy and are peaceful people ... A war is imminent in future against the occupier chinese ... chinese should be pushed back to the lands they belong ... the eastern asian lands from beijing to hong kong...

Nehru thought so...

Seriously you saw India as a big opponent? Are you kidding?

George Bush tried to use India as a counterweight to China, but Bush's plan failed miserably.

Seriously you saw India as a big opponent? Are you kidding?

George Bush tried to use India as a counterweight to China, but Bush's plan failed miserably.
What, you just plucked that right out of your behind for troll sake. Give yourself a wink:what: Let them deal with our awaiting eyes from the space first, then we may expect a surprise. Otherwise you are just wasting bandwith to up your post count. Let them chins talk for themself why are you bringing a 6!7CH to a dogfight.

What, you just plucked that right out of your behind for troll sake. Give yourself a wink:what: Let them deal with our awaiting eyes from the space first, then we may expect a surprise. Otherwise you are just wasting bandwith to up your post count. Let them chins talk for themself why are you bringing a 6!7CH to a dogfight.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good One...!! :D

Back
Top Bottom