What's new

IN had few issues with MiG-29K, they have been resolved: Navy Chief

kaykay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

He also cleared doubts surrounding the MiG-29 aircraft and said "serviceability of the plane has improved".
"Indian Navy was the first countryto induct MiG-29 aircraft. There were few issues when the aircraft were inducted initially and they have been resolved.The serviceability of the aircraft has improved over the years and majority of the problems are behind us," Lanba said.
http://wap.business-standard.com/ar...-drdo-admiral-sunil-lanba-116080100534_1.html

I wish IAF chief makes similar statement on SU-30MKIs

Well at least one can dream....

The point is CAG is deficient technically in evaluating exact shortcomings they are specifically proficient in financial angel though

They might have defence persons and technical related persons auditing the servicibility of aircrafts. I think such open is needed in some issues. Or else Indian populace will be living in fools paradise thinking all is well with Armed forces. Much like propaganda machinery of Nazi Germany or our dear neighbour in 1971.

He also cleared doubts surrounding the MiG-29 aircraft and said "serviceability of the plane has improved".
"Indian Navy was the first countryto induct MiG-29 aircraft. There were few issues when the aircraft were inducted initially and they have been resolved.The serviceability of the aircraft has improved over the years and majority of the problems are behind us," Lanba said.
http://wap.business-standard.com/ar...-drdo-admiral-sunil-lanba-116080100534_1.html
CAG reports are always at least 18 months out of date by their very nature. An auditor's job is to look backwards.

The general trend of the MiG-29K/KUB's availability was positive as noted in that very report so I don't doubt the CNS's comments.

They might have defence persons and technical related persons auditing the servicibility of aircrafts. I think such open is needed in some issues. Or else Indian populace will be living in fools paradise thinking all is well with Armed forces. Much like propaganda machinery of Nazi Germany or our dear neighbour in 1971.
They play a vital role no doubt about it but that doesn't mean their reports are 100% accurate or representative of the present day situation.

Raising questions is always good in an open democracy though.

CAG reports are always at least 18 months out of date by their very nature. An auditor's job is to look backwards.

The general trend of the MiG-29K/KUB's availability was positive as noted in that very report so I don't doubt the CNS's comments.

They play a vital role no doubt about it but that doesn't mean their reports are 100% accurate or representative of the present day situation.

Raising questions is always good in an open democracy though.

As long as the report are not overstated, its ok for me. People will ask questions seeing these reports. Again, most of the reports are 2 years old, released now. So things would have improved.

As long as the report are not overstated, its ok for me. People will ask questions seeing these reports. Again, most of the reports are 2 years old, released now. So things would have improved.
Indeed, I am certainly glad that any such holes are exposed during peacetimes and a spotlight held over the miltiary (and all functions of the GoI) constantly.

Checks and balances are vital, it's not clever to expect opaque systems to govern/regulate themselves. The last thing one needs to to have these holes exposed when you need them most....

Back
Top Bottom