What's new

“In five years, India will be superpower in missile technology”

Agni 5 is indigenous? Then what is 20 percent Made in Russia is doing in Agni 5 as your DRDO director said?

I said the technology is indigenous, that doesn't mean that we cannot import some part of the missile from other nations. Also Russia can never help India in making long range missile since it is tied down by MTCR guidlines that is why Brahmos range is 290km which is allowed by MTCR.

So by being a supaar pawaaar, india wants to be a global policeman, do indians even understand that implication - fighting various neo-imperial wars every few years. Every semi-educated indian should have nothing to do with that thesis.

Agni missile is good, however if it's range is 5000KM then it is not an ICBM, countries like china have missiles with much more range. also 5 years is way to short, I don't see India becoming even close in that time...
I am of the opinion that A-5 range is much higher than officially acknowledged 5000km (first pointed out by Chinese analyst). In missile its always inversely proportional to the warhead/payload, so if we want to hit further we can always decrease the payload.

So by being a supaar pawaaar, india wants to be a global policeman, do indians even understand that implication - fighting various neo-imperial wars every few years. Every semi-educated indian should have nothing to do with that thesis.

who said by being a superpower you only have to fight wars? Is is the rule of being a superpower:rofl:

The lines I particularly enjoyed were “India has left the world leaders in missile technology far behind….”and “ We are the leader in speed, precision and delivery”…

And this is not coming from a regular guy, but from the one of the best of India’s cognitive elites. The IQ and moral reflected are just blowing you away.

:rofl:

Leave the much more sophisticated topics of “Speed” and “precision” aside for a moment, just a casual pick on this “delivery”. Well, India could be “shining”, “incredible” , “colourful”, “vibrant to all senses”, “not particularly bright in frontal lobe department”, …but “delivery”? excuse me but I struggle to recall when was the last time India “has delivered”, in, well, just about anything. Anyone volunteer here to remind me?

“delivery”? whatever that is. :lol:

Secondly, let alone the core technologies of missiles, namely guidance system and optic lense tech, together with advanced basic sciences, material science and advanced manufacturing technologies, etc. which separate a missle to a pile of wasted iron block, India is no where near even the third league (say the European level) on each of above category, India can NOT even make the plain SHELL of the high speed missiles such as Agni V and Brahmos without shipping from Russia ready-made high tech shell pieces.

I am not exaggerating here. The high-temp super hard shell of Agni V, for instance, is made of 2 different materials. The 1st stage and 2nd stage shell of Agni V is made of carbon fibre, a basic technology that even 3-tier industrial countries like Brazil knew how to make long ago, which India only knew a couple of years ago due to a foreign joint venture. The other is special fibre above T300 level, more likely T700 which is at least 2 generations ahead of the best of what India knows currently.

On these special material technologies, only countries like US, Japan (the first league currently) , and Russia, China, the EU (the second league) know how to make it. As a result, both the 3rd stage shell of Agni V and the whole shell of Brahmos have to be and must be imported as a full piece from either Russia or France, likely the former though. I don´t even have to look for a source to prove this because it is common knowledge!

So let alone core missile technologies of laser guidance, optic lenss, and super hard high temp alloys, India is far from having enough technologies to make the plain shell of any high speed missile even.

India missile technology is generally 40 to 50 years behind US and Russia ( the top league in my book), about 40 years behind China (closely and the fast moving second league), and about 30-40 years behind the EU(France, UK , Germany).

The OP Indian intellectual gloat is like pointing to a German-engined Tata Nano with German transmission system and foreign electronics and claiming India has left world auto leaders of Ferrari, Porsche, Merc, BMW, Toyota, GM etc far behind, and Tata Nano is the world leader in `speed`, `precision` and `delivery`. :lol:

“Indian missile technologies” ? We are talking about paint jobs here, quite figuratively and literally.

Indian media abuses the term "Super Power"..

Super power is their favorite word I guess. By the way reality is only sensational news sells in India. Who will watch the news if it says India will get xyz missile in next 5 years?

The lines I particularly enjoyed were “India has left the world leaders in missile technology far behind….”and “ We are the leader in speed, precision and delivery”…

And this is not coming from a regular guy, but from the one of the best of India’s cognitive elites. The IQ and moral reflected are just blowing you away.

:rofl:

Leave the much more sophisticated topics of “Speed” and “precision” aside for a moment, just a casual pick on this “delivery”. Well, India could be “shining”, “incredible” , “colourful”, “vibrant to all senses”, “not particularly bright in frontal lobe department”, …but “delivery”? excuse me but I struggle to recall when was the last time India “has delivered”, in, well, just about anything. Anyone volunteer here to remind me?

“delivery”? whatever that is. :lol:

Secondly, let alone the core technologies of missiles, namely guidance system and optic lense tech, together with advanced basic sciences, material science and advanced manufacturing technologies, etc. which separate a missle to a pile of wasted iron block, India is no where near even the third league (say the European level) on each of above category, India can NOT even make the plain SHELL of the high speed missiles such as Agni V and Brahmos without shipping from Russia ready-made high tech shell pieces.

I am not exaggerating here. The high-temp super hard shell of Agni V, for instance, is made of 2 different materials. The 1st stage and 2nd stage shell of Agni V is made of carbon fibre, a basic technology that even 3-tier industrial countries like Brazil knew how to make long ago, which India only knew a couple of years ago due to a foreign joint venture. The other is special fibre above T300 level, more likely T700 which is at least 2 generations ahead of the best of what India knows currently.

On these special material technologies, only countries like US, Japan (the first league currently) , and Russia, China, the EU (the second league) know how to make it. As a result, both the 3rd stage shell of Agni V and the whole shell of Brahmos have to be and must be imported as a full piece from either Russia or France, likely the former though. I don´t even have to look for a source to prove this because it is common knowledge!

So let alone core missile technologies of laser guidance, optic lenss, and super hard high temp alloys, India is far from having enough technologies to make the plain shell of any high speed missile even.

India missile technology is generally 40 to 50 years behind US and Russia ( the top league in my book), about 40 years behind China (closely and the fast moving second league), and about 30-40 years behind the EU(France, UK , Germany).

The OP Indian intellectual gloat is like pointing to a German-engined Tata Nano with German transmission system and foreign electronics and claiming India has left world auto leaders of Ferrari, Porsche, Merc, BMW, Toyota, GM etc far behind, and Tata Nano is the world leader in `speed`, `precision` and `delivery`. :lol:

“Indian missile technologies” ? We are talking about paint jobs here, quite figuratively and literally.

Your basic point is correct, but I don't think optics are important in ICBMs or even long ranged AAMs, since long ranged AAMs are radar guided and ICBMs are inertial/stellar/satellite guided. Optics are somewhat important for IR guided short ranged AAMs but the real big application is TV guided bombs and cruise missiles.

Seriously not again ! They already claim to be " on par " with Western countries in electronic warfare tech , claim Agni V CEP to be lowest and now this rubbish ! Is there an end to fanboyism or not ?

If anything India is super poor! They should focus on eliminating poverty!

Back
Top Bottom