What's new

In biggest troop reduction, China to bring army down to 1 million

Why did you call this fake news even though it came straight from China Military Online or PLA Daily???
Maybe because it doesn't come "straight" from there and has been diggested into classic false reporting after it went trough some illiterate Indians?

No ... I clearly saw it in the People’s Daily and China Military Online ...
Yes... but thats not what has been posted and not what was called Fakenews. I already said before the Indian article couldnt even get the basic facts straight in the first line. The question is rather why do you not understand why someone would call the Indian article Fakenews when you have read what PLA article actually reported.

Last edited:
'shortage of qualified manpower for the army' in a 1.4billion-people nation like China

Hahahahahahaha.

Hey thanks!

Oh n eye problems is a very common condition in China n even here in Singapore too, yet large amounts of myopic regulars are employed in not just the army, but also in the navy n air force.

Critical thinking skills is a prequsite for regulars(especially the air force) n all applicants must undergo a comprehensive, computerised IQ test, while those ppl who happen to score at least above a threshold, are coincidentally- almost always myopic.

Meeeh read the entire conversation dude !! You'll come to know why!

The Indian media literally copied and pasted the Chinese article word for word and proceeded to post them on their own website ...
They "literally" didn't. About what article are you talking?

They dont even understand anything they paraphrased. The 1 million refers to the PLA army, not all services. The 2.3 million isn't a present number either, that was the baseline of the entire forces before the cut by 0.3 million was announced in 2015. They where two quarters into 2017 when they drafted the article.

Last edited:
They "literally" didn't. About what article are you talking?

They dont even understand anything they paraphrased. The 1 million refers to the PLA army, not all services. The 2.3 million isn't a present number either, that was the baseline of the entire forces before the cut by 0.3 million was announced in 2015. They where two quarters into 2017 when they drafted the article.
There are referring to the army, I believe. But the Indians somehow mistranslated or deliberately misconstrued the first sentence ... meaning they’re idiots. At the end of 2017, there will only be 2 million soldiers and around 800,000 PLAGF soldiers ...

There are referring to the army, I believe. But the Indians somehow mistranslated or deliberately misconstrued the first sentence ... meaning they’re idiots. At the end of 2017, there will only be 2 million soldiers and around 800,000 PLAGF soldiers ...
On further reading, I’m not sure why Zarvan decided to quote an obscure Indian website in the first place for PLA news ...

A bit late for the game but it's clear that many people don't understand military modernization at all.

What is point of having an large but poorly armed/equipped military what gets slaughtered by much smaller professional force? 800.000 soldiers is actually really big number and I'm predicting that before end of next decade PLA will have 500-600k combat troops (all with modern kit & new rifles etc) and up to 100.000 marines in the navy.

A bit late for the game but it's clear that many people don't understand military modernization at all.

What is point of having an large but poorly armed/equipped military what gets slaughtered by much smaller professional force? 800.000 soldiers is actually really big number and I'm predicting that before end of next decade PLA will have 500-600k combat troops (all with modern kit & new rifles etc) and up to 100.000 marines in the navy.
Exactly. There were too many freeloaders in the PLA before ... now it's much better.

Back
Top Bottom