What's new

In Atheists We Distrust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atheists are as much pricks as fundamentalists. There is no basic difference between the two.

And I hope the day comes that all countries ban the display of anything religious in public (what goes inside a person's private quarters is his/her own business).

The world will loose its color and become bland.

Is hard to get into religion when their teachings can only be taken with a truly massive amount of salt.

However, I admire the philosophical and moral value of certain aspects of religion. And I'm open to the idea of God, just not in the form described by existing religions.

Atheists are as much pricks as fundamentalists. There is no basic difference between the two.

The world will loose its color and become bland.

There are reasonable atheists (Richard Dawkins, yada yada yada) , and then there are militant atheists (who fell so in love with their own legends and the principles behind the legends and so afraid of losing their hold over what they had gained that they made themselves symbols of the very things they believed against) no better example than Stalin who perverted the message behind Marxism-Leninism.

I'd rather live in a world where everyone is civil towards one another, rather than live in a tu-tu main-main-my-religion-is-better-than-yours-therefore-i-am-better-than-you-vile-heathen.

I find the idea of a god creating the world and then leaving it to function as it wills a more credible idea than someone who constantly monitors the actions of 7 billion plus individuals and records it to punish/reward them.

On a side note, I'd probably see some hope for humanity if all religions adopted a "save the environment and therefore save humanity" attitude.

There are reasonable atheists (Richard Dawkins, Bill Maher, yada yada yada) , and then there are militant atheists (who fell so in love with their own legends and the principles behind the legends and so afraid of losing their hold over what they had gained that they made themselves symbols of the very things they believed against) no better example than Stalin who perverted the message behind Marxism-Leninism.

I'd rather live in a world where everyone is civil towards one another, rather than live in a tu-tu main-main-my-religion-is-better-than-yours-therefore-i-am-better-than-you-vile-heathen.

I find the idea of a god creating the world and then leaving it to function as it willed a more credible idea than someone who constantly monitors the actions of 7 billion plus individuals and records it to punish/reward them.
On a side note, I'd probably see some hope for humanity if all religions adopted a "save the environment and therefore save humanity" attitude.

oooh so you are an indian actually, what a surprise, most of the hiding behind the flags are indians

oooh so you are an indian actually, what a surprise, most of the hiding behind the flags are indians

My family is from India, I was raised in Oman, what does any of that have to do with why I trash religion?

My family is from India, I was raised in Oman, what does any of that have to do with why I trash religion?

because all these western influenced brainwashed minds only come from india

china is a very strict atheist country but chinese in general dont have extremist ideas

china is a very strict atheist country but chinese in general dont have extremist ideas

Western influenced? Really? Buddhism & Jainism are atheistic religions as is also a substantial portion of Hinduism. Didn't need to get atheistic ideas from the west.

One man's meat is another man's poison.
You call it brainwashed , I call it liberated.
Veritas vos liberabit.

Though I fail to see how my views regarding religion can be described as extremist, I am entitled to my opinion just as you are, and my opinion is that organized religion is best left within a person's house, does not belong and should not be flaunted in public. I can't really apologize if that seems extremist to you.

Atheists don't kill or hurt others in the name of their atheism. But there have been instances where traditional religion was abolished to bring something more evil and oppressive ideologies like Maoism or the North Korean Juche . So people will be oppressed by one ideology or the other until the majority starts thinking free.
This is not true.
There were many parts of the history where believers were persecuted by non believers .
Jews were exterminated by Germans that in that time were nationalists , not funded of religion.
Christians were persecuted by Romans, which had nothing to do about religion war but a war against a religion.
Best exemple is Russia after the revolution made an anti religious policy. I don't know much China but was it some kind of anti religion policy?
Of course some muslim nations christian nations kill, not all the time in the name of religion.
sometimes some fanatic groups kill in the name of religion but really hopefully you didn't consider believers to be all fanatics.

"Atheistic Religions".... umm wut?

Cārvāka - a materialistic and atheistic school of thought within Hinduism
- there is no afterlife
- all things come from and return to nature
- there is nothing wrong with sensual indulgence
- men have no divine authority therefore have no right to assume what a creator wants

I feel it is borderline hedonism which is fine (nothing wrong with indulging your sense.....within reason

though the use of 'atheistic religion' seemed to be quite the oxymoron there.

men have no divine authority therefore have no right to assume what a creator wants

What if some do have Divine leave? What if you failed in your understanding of those men?

What if nobody is assuming anything? What if it is direct knowledge handed down?

Why are atheists so arrogant that they presume their hypothesis is strictly the correct one?

And one of the big questions: what happens to atheists when they die? If you have no sense of afterlife, then even this life is ...useless.

This is not true.
There were many parts of the history where believers were persecuted by non believers .
Jews were exterminated by Germans that in that time were nationalists , not funded of religion.
Christians were persecuted by Romans, which had nothing to do about religion war but a war against a religion.
Best exemple is Russia after the revolution made an anti religious policy. I don't know much China but was it some kind of anti religion policy?
Of course some muslim nations christian nations kill, not all the time in the name of religion.
sometimes some fanatic groups kill in the name of religion but really hopefully you didn't consider believers to be all fanatics.

In none of the above cases did they kill people in the name of atheism, ie, they didn't exterminate people just because they didn't subscribe to atheism. Now compare this with Jihad or Crusade and see the difference.

... And I'm open to the idea of God, just not in the form described by existing religions.
Let's build a model of God together shall we. We'll call it the Jiang&BP Theory of God!

I'll offer the first postulate: our understanding of God is that we're unable to understand him*. Meaning, it is impossible to conceptualize God as a noun (a thing, a place etc) except by His name.

You take the second turn.

*Idea lifted from Abu Bakr R.A's sayings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom