What's new

In a first, Prepaid electricity meters to be installed across Pakistan

In a first, Prepaid electricity meters to be installed across Pakistan
3 Sep, 2018

in-a-first-prepaid-electricity-meters-to-be-installed-across-pakistan-1535972465-7989.jpg

ISLAMABAD - Economic Coordination Committee of Cabinet has decided to disconnect electricity connections of consumers who fail to pay bills for three months.

The decision was taken at a meeting of the Committee, chaired by Finance Minister Asad Umar in Islamabad on Monday.

The meeting decided to install prepaid electricity meters .

It was also decided that an operational and financial audit of energy sector will be conducted.
Bhai jo awam kunda daal ker bijlee chori kerti hai un ka kiya, jo loug meter laga ker bill adaa kertey hien woh tou pehley hi tax + bill dey rehey hien phir yeh azaafi harcha kiyoun ker rehy hien....why they want to spend billions of rupee to install new pre paid meters ?
This move may backfire since it is quite easier to cheat prepaid cards.

Bhai jo awam kunda daal ker bijlee chori kerti hai un ka kiya, jo loug meter laga ker bill adaa kertey hien woh tou pehley hi tax + bill dey rehey hien phir yeh azaafi harcha kiyoun ker rehy hien....why they want to spend billions of rupee to install new pre paid meters ?
This move may backfire since it is quite easier to cheat prepaid cards.

We have two types of consumers at hand.

1) In most areas, new coated cables are installed that people cannot joint any illegal connection. In my area, its been done and since few months finally; there is no load-shedding. Prepaid Meters are suppose to serve people, having issues to pay heavy bills in the end of month due to their own usage & use to go for installments habitually. These meters are for defaulters of 3 months.

2) Government has already announced to curb down Kunda mafia.

We have two types of consumers at hand.

1) In most areas, new coated cables are installed that people cannot joint any illegal connection. In my area, its been done and since few months finally; there is no load-shedding. Prepaid Meters are suppose to serve people, having issues to pay heavy bills in the end of month due to their own usage & use to go for installments habitually. These meters are for defaulters of 3 months.

2) Government has already announced to curb down Kunda mafia.
Bhai I saw with my own eyes people do kunda on jacketed cables too,

People of Pakistan (Majority) got money at the end of month only how can the prepay in advance?
Main issue is lane loss and non payment of bills, many parts is KPK agencies don't pay bill along with some parts of Karachi.

Total nonsense system to save millions and spent billions on installing new meters.

Instead try to build dams and invest there.

Bhai I saw with my own eyes people do kunda on jacketed cables too,

People of Pakistan (Majority) got money at the end of month only how can the prepay in advance?
Main issue is lane loss and non payment of bills, many parts is KPK agencies don't pay bill along with some parts of Karachi.

Total nonsense system to save millions and spent billions on installing new meters.

Instead try to build dams and invest there.

I do understand what you say. Building Dams, curbing theft & installing prepaid meters are different subjects. Prepaid meters are supposed to be utilized in the same manner as we use our Mobile Services. These meters are not as like one has to pay thousands in pay instead, if I am not wrong, consumer will buy services in different denominations. Correct if I am wrong... As far as I read, prepaid cards will be available in market so that consumer can purchase as much can afford. These meters are for the same people that don't pay bill so for their ease, they can purchase cards and install to utilize the service. No bills & no hard work to got to the bank and wait.

I do understand what you say. Building Dams, curbing theft & installing prepaid meters are different subjects. Prepaid meters are supposed to be utilized in the same manner as we use our Mobile Services. These meters are not as like one has to pay thousands in pay instead, if I am not wrong, consumer will buy services in different denominations. Correct if I am wrong... As far as I read, prepaid cards will be available in market so that consumer can purchase as much can afford. These meters are for the same people that don't pay bill so for their ease, they can purchase cards and install to utilize the service. No bills & no hard work to got to the bank and wait.
I still believe it will just increase theft of electricity and put more pressure in poor.... Lets see what happen in future.

Kid try to use common sense ... If they can bribe the meter reading guy then can't they bribe him for Kunda connection ? Bribery to meter reading is even traceable,,, but Kunda is not traceable unless caught by the same staff you are alleging to be taking bribery ...

WHy are you recommending to treat the system and why not to take action against actual disease which is corruption?

Why can't such briberies are negligible in professional private organizations? Because they have rules and they ensure its implementation ...

The real issue is corruption otherwise theft is not possible so we have to make rules to counter corruption otherwise we address just one method of theft and another one will be ready ... WHat will you do if people start hacking into the network for fre prepaid users, will you bain IT education ?

adress the cause not the symptoms ...

Uncle, meter reader corruption can be solved by introducing the Prepaid system. That's one nail in the corruption. Kunda whatever you have to deal with having a proper rule of the law, and a proper reporting and punishment system.
Besides not every one can get a kunda going but every one can bribe the reader...

Let's see who gets the tender for the new energy meters. :-)
AS long as it is not the gov. who will be paying for it, i am ok. At the end, someone will have to make these and that is where people will start talking about corruption. Wont worry about that.

Back
Top Bottom