What's new

In a first, Indian tank brigades to defend China border

India needs to find an answer to this:

26_109831_40dec7c987758b6.jpg

(Courtesy of Guangzhou Military Command)

less their imported helicopters become sitting targets。

The stuff is quite expensive though,with a price tag 3 times that of a modern MBT。

It's gonna be a long and costly game。Hope India can afford it

26_6796_1349a19b2acbf43.jpg

(Courtesy of Beijing Military Command)

Indian Army ZSU-23-4 Shilka Air Defence System

ZSU-23-4P-Shilka-2S.jpg

zu-23_fc.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

ZSU-23/4 Upgrade

Indian Army Tunguska M1 system

l200601267174.jpg

Indian Army ZSU-23

ia1.jpg

Indian Army bofors 40mm anti aircraft gun.

ia.jpg

All the systems are upgraded with computational controls with data from other radars and ground based surveillance systems... and are able to be linked in network.

@wanglaokan
Well you raised a good point. I have always wondered what will be India's take on Tibet when he dies.

Scorpianx: I think border issues are not minor. and Tibet is becoming part of dispute after China building rails and roads in this area near border.

Tibet is not an issue, India has a specific stance on this. Only minor border issued to be solved. You must read the posts of Joe and Chauism on this topic.
That's good, we both want a peaceful border.

@wanglaokan
Well you raised a good point. I have always wondered what will be India's take on Tibet when he dies.

Scorpianx: I think border issues are not minor. and Tibet is becoming part of dispute after China building rails and roads in this area near border.

What's wrong with if someone build stuffs within his yard? Indian wanna interfere with infrastructure building in Tibet?

Scorpionx: I think border issues are not minor. and Tibet is becoming part of dispute after China building rails and roads in this area near border.

Its upto India how it neutralizes the chinese heavy infrastructure. Nothing stops us from making infra on our side. Thats not a threat IMO.
BTW congrats for being Jr.TT. How come I missed that?:angry:

Nope, there is no problem. But it is taken into account as it has given China the edge over Indians as China now can deploy larger army in very less time. This is been in defense circles in India. You know the dual purpose.

We have to look at all the aspects. "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst", works here.

These infrastructure will increase economic growth of this region but at the same time provide you strategic advantage.

The T90s should be moved to Ladakh - the cold climate is what it is suited for and they should perform better there as compared to the deserts of Rajasthan.
But are we moving these tanks from western border or are we raising new armored brigades?

Nope, there is no problem. But it is taken into account as it has given China the edge over Indians as China now can deploy larger army in very less time. This is been in defense circles in India. You know the dual purpose.

We have to look at all the aspects. "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst", works here.

These infrastructure will increase economic growth of this region but at the same time provide you strategic advantage.
Are you sir sinuously suggesting China stop infrastructure buidling along the border in Tibet? I know this will cause India to respond in the other side, see what will happen in the future. I kindly understand India wanna keep status quo in that region or don' wanna be dragged behind too much compared to China when it comes border infrastructure building.

No buddy I'm not. Its your country and you can do it for development of that region. Best way to normalize a region or win people's heart is development

India has to see it from other angle too. I think you know what I am referring to. The defense angle comes into play. Its not just me but many experts think in this way. And not to forget India as given refuge to exiled Tibetan govt.

I'm asking you to look at this in strategic sense not just economic.

No buddy I'm not. Its your country and you can do it for development of that region. Best way to normalize a region or win people's heart is development

India has to see it from other angle too. I think you know what I am referring to. The defense angle comes into play. Its not just me but many experts think in this way. And not to forget India as given refuge to exiled Tibetan govt.

We gradually develop the economic of Tibet to win their heart, protecting their culture by spending millions a year. BTW, we never exile them , they choose to leave without any notice to central goverment. Maozedong invited Dalai lama visiting Beijing in 1950 and persuade him giving up being a slave owner. He respond Maozedong by sneaking out to India and deguise himself as peace maker/FREEDOM FIGHTER.

We will see.....

As we know and we can see why the ZTZ-99 series have serious flaws in armor and design features.

s640x480kjh.jpg

The most visual and obvious flaw... where the unprotected RHA is vulnerable even against artillery shell blasts nearby... or an RPG-7 shot.

While this has been rectified in later designs such as ZTZ-99A2G however the main and the biggest flaw in the armor still exists.

scaled.php

The main turret made of RHA... where this module is bolted.

armormodule.jpg

Which as gap in Armor... hence the significant protection of ZTZ-99 is only about upto-300-350mm composite with a Gap and then rest is about 100-200mm RHA summed up... making the main armor equally vulnerable to 70s and 80s era soviet HEAT, and KE rounds aswell as even older HESH rounds.

Where as when we compare the lowest in the rank T-72M1 tanks we see a similar protection level which exceeds with the Heavy ERA package... while the Chinese have good ERA but it is not used on their ZTZ-99 tanks.. instead they use composite blocks although is safe to use.. but they don't provide much protection as compared to Heavy ERA.

700px-T72frontLOS.jpg

T-72M1 armor without ERA.

Will you prefer a modernised Tibet under strong China or a obsolete tibet controlled by a slave owner pose no **** threat to India? This is what india concerns, hell the **** of wellbeing of tibetans!

As we know and we can see why the ZTZ-99 series have serious flaws in armor and design features.

s640x480kjh.jpg

The most visual and obvious flaw... where the unprotected RHA is vulnerable even against artillery shell blasts nearby... or an RPG-7 shot.

While this has been rectified in later designs such as ZTZ-99A2G however the main and the biggest flaw in the armor still exists.

scaled.php

The main turret made of RHA... where this module is bolted.

armormodule.jpg

Which as gap in Armor... hence the significant protection of ZTZ-99 is only about upto-300-350mm composite with a Gap and then rest is about 100-200mm RHA summed up... making the main armor equally vulnerable to 70s and 80s era soviet HEAT, and KE rounds aswell as even older HESH rounds.

Where as when we compare the lowest in the rank T-72M1 tanks we see a similar protection level which exceeds with the Heavy ERA package... while the Chinese have good ERA but it is not used on their ZTZ-99 tanks.. instead they use composite blocks although is safe to use.. but they don't provide much protection as compared to Heavy ERA.

700px-T72frontLOS.jpg

T-72M1 armor without ERA.
T-96 annihlate all T-72 in South Sudan, not to mention T-99. We now pack domestic 1500 horse engine on that beast.
HOW about this , the lattest modified version.
m_1326207722280.jpg

1025552754_307.jpg

Back
Top Bottom