Pakistan
Imran to contest from five seats: PTI
By Imran Adnan
Published: February 26, 2018
39SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1644735-ik-1519590779-865-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: REUTERS

LAHORE: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) announced on Sunday the party chairman Imran Khan will contest the general elections from five constituencies, three from Punjab and two from Khyber-Pakhtukhwa (K-P) and added that it had finalised its homework for the upcoming general elections.

The announcement was made by PTI Central Punjab President Abdul Aleem Khan, while speaking to reporters in Lahore.

Aleem said, “Names of many candidates have already been shortlisted and soon they [PTI] will be given a green signal to launch their election campaign.”

The PTI leader added that the party is also working on its membership campaign and in the coming 90 days every constituency would complete its work of registering new party members. He said during the last five years, his party has acted as the real opposition and political struggle of Imran Khan has become fruitful.

PTI’s road map to sweeping 2018 elections

Commenting on the current political scenario, he said after deposed premier Nawaz Sharif, now Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif is also in hot waters. He claimed, “Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) would also dismantle with the passage of time.”

Replying to a question, Aleem said that in the K-P uniform policy has been adopted to bring reforms in the religious educational institutions. He explained that this was done so that youngsters could also be brought into the mainstream and given modern education.

Aleem asserted that this time the PTI would bring an upset all over Punjab and especially in central Punjab and would deliver a decisive victory there. He was of the view that other leaders joining PTI has made the party stronger and now it is in better position to contest the election in various areas.

PML-N turns the tables on PTI in Lodhran by-election

Unfortunately, he said, ground realities are quite different and there are certain political parameters which play important role in final victory.

“The PTI would also take its share in the Senate elections and we are in contact with other political parties which would bring good news,” claimed Aleem.

The PTI leader also assured the media that his party would maintain a close liaison in future and keep them informed about political developments on a daily basis.

PTI to sweep upcoming elections: Imran Khan

MPA and Central Vice President PTI Mohammad Shoaib Siddique, Secretary Political Training Wing Jamshaid Butt also accompanied Aleem Khan in the media briefing.

1. Contesting from different seats means a candidate is not sure about his victory but wants to win desperately.
2. If he wins on more than 1 seat than he will have leave other seats, meaning new polling will be held there. In other words, waste of govt. resources and people's time.

(Correct me if I am wrong)

1. Contesting from different seats means a candidate is not sure about his victory but wants to win desperately.
2. If he wins on more than 1 seat than he will have leave other seats, meaning new polling will be held there. In other words, waste of govt. resources and people's time.

If other party wins and makes central govt, all these vacant seats may go to other party in by-election. Another political loss for PTI. (If they think about it).

Correct. Although IK may be setting a new record for number of seats he's running for. Last year he ran for three I think and lost one.

We need proper legislation for this. This is just exploitation and moral corruption.

No candidate should be allowed to contest from more than one seats, this democrazy is already waste of resource - why spend more on by-elections.

1 contestant should only contest for one seat.

Common sense dictates that.
Unfortunately there is no legislation for that and the system gets exploited left,right and center.
How is anyone sitting 500km away be trusted with issues peculiar or unique to that constituency.
Every 5 year we get reports saying the elected member never came, never visited the very people who voted for him yet we turn a blind eye.

If other party wins and makes central govt, all these vacant seats may go to other party in by-election. Another political loss for PTI. (If they think about it).

If that's the case Imran Khan should contest on all the seats of Punjab :victory::victory::victory:

Absolutely correct

@Zibago i think he contested from four seats last time. Lost two and won two. All NA.

However if he has any sense then he should contest one from Provincial bcz a cheif minister is far greater than an simple member national assembly and last time he missed this trick and became a simple MNA rather than chief minister of Khyber pakhtunkhwa.

If PTi makes govt again then the CM must be imran. Let's hope he has realized it this time.

@Zibago i think he contested from four seats last time. Lost two and won two. All NA.

However if he has any sense then he should contest one from Provincial bcz a cheif minister is far greater than an simple member national assembly and last time he missed this trick and became a simple MNA rather than chief minister of Khyber pakhtunkhwa.

If PTi makes govt again then the CM must be imran. Let's hope he has realized it this time.

His motive is to become the PM and they (PTI) is seeking 2/3 majority sweep in upcoming elections he'll never gonna contest on provincial assembly seat

His motive is to become the PM and they (PTI) is seeking 2/3 majority sweep in upcoming elections he'll never gonna contest on provincial assembly seat

Then he is the delusional if he still doesn't realize that there is a very very good chance that he will not be able to make government in 2018 but there is a good chance that he may make government in KPK and that's where a provincial seat can help. He should be realistic and take make back up plans. Although he should have done this on 2013 but one can let that go however if he makes the same mistake in 2018 then it is proof that he is delusional and is simply not learning and evolving.

A CM is far far greater than a simple MNA.

If he had done this in 2013 then Imran could have become CM which means he would have been involved personally in CPEC, kpk and would have beenore direct with the province. Should rectify it this time.

Back
Top Bottom