What's new

Imran Riaz Khan arrested from Islamabad toll plaza

Very very unlikely that this succeeds this time around.

If there's a small section of society who is following that narrative, you can stop it. If there's only a select few people, then you arrest one and the rest get scared.

But if the narrative is that of a large enough population, or of a majority, then you can arrest a hundred people and they won't stop. Kitnon ko pakro gay?

This sort of public opinion regarding the estab, that too on mainstream channels, not drawing room talks, not a column in a progressive newspaper, not hushed up discussions, but actually in front of millions and by millions, is being seen for the first time in this country.

Bahir niko aap to bacha bacha galiyan day raha hai fauj ko. Go to a karyana store, fruit store, and you will see the trader saying some sunehre alfaz for them. True story.

The most important thing, they are doing this themselves, and today's generation is well informed, so if they think that they will be able to "correct" history books, it won't, these people are well informed and so is social media.

Don't think so.

If you are keeping any hope with the by elections, then be ready for disappointment.

I meant more than just those bye-elections, but the overall situation specially if PTI's narrative actually finds enough traction as is being claimed by many here.

(I won't be disappointed either way since I simply do not have any horse in this race. :D )

اب کوئی نہیں بچا

The most important thing, they are doing this themselves, and today's generation is well informed, so if they think that they will be able to "correct" history books, it won't, these people are well informed and so is social media.
Social media power needs to be transferred to the streets. Bajwa has shown how begarat he is , along with generals supporting him. They won’t backdown by social media besti, he needs to name and shamed in the streets.

I dont think anybody will be suprised by the names, if it does get to that point.

My guess is Mir Bajwa and ISI chief along with Zardari being the main culprits.

I meant more than just those bye-elections, but the overall situation specially if PTI's narrative actually finds enough traction as is being claimed by many here.

(I won't be disappointed either way since I simply do not have any horse in this race. :D )

By disappointment I meant if you hope that the by-elections would be fair and a true representation of public sentiment.

Arrest happened after national security council meeting in between PDM and Bajwa.

Can you guess why was it was (as it is used to be) an "in camera session" for talks between TTP and Army.

Yup.... holy cows were in the house of people which were elected by people of pakistan but still people of pakistan don't know what decision makers have now decided for their fate!

By disappointment I meant if you hope that the by-elections would be fair and a true representation of public sentiment.

The problem, as I said elsewhere is this:

"The only good election is the one I win". - Every Pakistani Politician.

Social media power needs to be transferred to the streets. Bajwa has shown how begarat he is , along with generals supporting him. They won’t backdown by social media besti, he needs to name and shamed in the streets.

The pace at which things are deteriorating, that time isn't far away.............

Back
Top Bottom