What's new

Imran Riaz Khan arrested from Islamabad toll plaza

The problem, as I said elsewhere is this:

"The only good election is the one I win". - Every Pakistani Politician.

The situation that is developing economically and even politically, it won't be a peaceful election this time

وَقُلْ جَآءَ ٱلْحَقُّ وَزَهَقَ ٱلْبَـٰطِلُ ۚ إِنَّ ٱلْبَـٰطِلَ كَانَ زَهُوقًۭا

And say, “Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, [by nature], ever bound to depart.” - Al Isra 17: 81

Attock police arrest anchorperson Imran Riaz Khan

He has been shifted to a police station

05233137bedf182.jpg

Journalist and anchorperson Imran Riaz Khan has been arrested near Islamabad Interchange, SAMAA TV reported on Tuesday night.
According to SAMAA TV, he was arrested by Attock Police and was shifted to the jurisdiction police station.
Several first information reports (FIRs) have been lodged against Imran Riaz Khan recently who has remained quite critical of the so-called regime change operation in Pakistan, resulting in ouster of Imran Khan as the prime minister.

Punjab Law Minister Malik Ahmed Khan said Imran Riaz Khan has been arrested from the jurisdiction of Punjab as there are numerous FIRs registered against him in the province.
He said that the impression the journalist was held from Islamabad’s jurisdiction was wrong.
He added that the suspect was apprehended from Attock district in the Rawalpindi division.

ہم اسٹیبلشمنٹ کو جتنا پاگل سمجھتے تھے وہ لوگ اس سے کئی گنا زیادہ باولے نکلے ۔ اب تو مجھے انڈین بیانیے پر بھی یقین ہونے لگا ہے ۔ وہ جو کہتے ہیں ٹھیک ہو بھی سکتا ہے ۔

After Imran Khan press talk today, I think they will arrest him too. I thought there will be a break through after Ijaz ul Haq intervention but looks it's not working.

I just fail to understand, what is the logic behind this.

Kia ho jaye ga is say? Will people start hating Imran Riaz? No.

Will people support N league? No.

Will people love estab more? No.

Will he be arrested and put in jail for any crime? No.

To phir why do this and make the guy even more popular? This whole episode since 3 months has done nothing but make him more popular. Just look at this Youtube video views, pre govt change and post govt change. They have sky rocketed now, why? All thanks to the estab and government. Just leave him alone, and no one cares what this guys say. All these things are just making him more popular.

These guys really need to get out of the boomer mentality, and come to terms with modern times. DG ISPR to Colonel say Maj Gen laga dia hai, but aqal abhi tak nhn ayi keh you cannot control narrative by force in modern times. You cannot stop a story from getting printed in a newspaper, or get it printed in a 4th page column 2 weeks after, or prevent the PTV newscaster from saying something. It isn't 1977, it's two thousand twenty fricking two...you simply cannot control media narrative now, unless you become China.
They want to silence ALL journalists criticizing the army. The idea is that if we can arrest the most popular/prominent journalist in this group, who doesn't even have a mainstream TV platform, then we can do the same and more to the others like Sabir Shakir, Sami Ibrahim, and Moeed Pirzada.

It is nothing but intimidation, and sadly it works. Not because others are cowards, but because we all want to protect our loved ones. Sabir, Moeed and Sami also have loved ones, who will beg them to stop talking. And they may listen because they don't want to leave their loved ones without protection or income.

If you think that this will not work in the long run, just look at the Arab world. Egypt is an excellent example of how intimidation has ALWAYS worked to silence the masses, even if they are organized.

But I think, the army is mistaken if they think that Pakistanis can be silenced indefinitely like Egypt. It will backfire very badly. More than ever before, the army is in danger from within. If there is rebellion from within the ranks of the army, the country itself will be at great risk.

Bajwa and all those who are doing his dirty work are criminals. Simple as that. And if ever there is a government that is powerful and loyal to Pakistan, then Bajwa and his people must be tried for treason.

Journalist Imran Riaz Khan was arrested on Tuesday near the outskirts of Islamabad, according to his counsel Mian Ali Ashfaq.

Talking to Dawn.com, he said Khan was heading to Islamabad when he was arrested in connection with a treason case registered against him in Attock.

Ashfaq said his client was named in 17 treason cases across Punjab, adding that he was filing a contempt of court petition against the police.

PTI Secretary General Asad Umar condemned the arrest. He said expression of opinions should be met with counterarguments instead of arrests.

PTI Vice President Fawad Chaudhry strongly condemned the arrest and hope that the courts would take action.

PTI Central Secretary Information Farrukh Habib shared a video regarding the journalist's apprehension by law enforcement agencies.

PTI leader Ali Haider Zaidi also condemned the incident and said the nation stood with Khan.

Several cases have been lodged against senior journalists and anchors, including Khan, Sabir Shakir, Arshad Sharif, Sami Ibrahim and Moeed Pirzada, for allegedly spreading hate against army and state institutions.

The registration of cases against the above, who are seen to favour the PTI, was condemned by PTI Chairman Imran Khan earlier today in a video address.

In May, the Lahore High Court had accepted Khan's plea for protective bail after multiple sedition cases were registered against him.

Is Bajwa ka agar hataya na gaya to yeh is mulk ka Saath woh kera ga Jo shayad India pecha 30 saalon sa kerna chata tha.
Awaam or fauj phela he amna samna ahh chuki ha or bus aik or jingari ki kami ha, Jo mulk dushmun kahin kabbi be laga sakta hain or us ka anjaam bohat bayanak ho ga.
Nawaz sharif or Bajwa dono apna maqad main kamayab ho ga or fauj ko logon ka samna la ker khara ker diya ha.

After Imran Khan press talk today, I think they will arrest him too. I thought there will be a break through after Ijaz ul Haq intervention but looks it's not working.

I dont think they will dare arrest IK. They know all bets are off then. But their stupidity is already on display, so I won't be suprised. Maryam is trying to flee to London like her papa jan. Perhaps she knows something we dont?

By disappointment I meant if you hope that the by-elections would be fair and a true representation of public sentiment.
Do you really think there will be fair election? even after all this. Its more than crystal clear.

Pmln destroyed pakistan by making deals. They came in power twice by getting Two times NRO now. Yet you see them in power its game over for Pakistan.

Feel the pain behind those words
They cant play Carrot and Stick with IK.
Also they cant make him kneel
worst is they cant even make him believe in their Lollipops

Khan is a Man of steel balls and nerves, that our establishment never faced before. Allah has sent him...

Back
Top Bottom