What's new

Imran Khan's arrest: Zaman park under attack

Thats the main question. For accountibility to happen he first needs to have 2/3 majority. Which considering the situation if massive rigging doesnt happen he will manage that.

Even if he comes in and doesnt achieve the desired result against establishment he has shown people of PK the way to go forward. This isnt about IK anymore. This is about people of Pakistan imposing their will against the establishment who wont let go of things easily.
Showing people the way isn't the end all be all
No one's going to be united like this under any other leader, they won't have the power to carry out much needed reforms of leashing in the generals

look like a typical 'whisky uncle' lol

Most of them have a weakness for women and whiskey. Hamood ur rehman commision said it in 1971. I can only imagine what they do now.

Showing people the way isn't the end all be all
No one's going to be united like this under any other leader, they won't have the power to carry out much needed reforms of leashing in the generals

He is 70 now. He has one more PMship left in him. After that he should let other folks come forward. Murad saeed has shown immense leadership qualities.

Most of them have a weakness for women and whiskey. Hamood ur rehman commision said it in 1971. I can only imagine what they do now.
Can't say about women but Army folk do have a penchant for whisky here too.

Pakistani people are hardcore - look how even our women faught the riot police lol, it doesn't happen anywhere else

I can't believe how our strong willed, brave men serve under such cowards, it's beyond me maybe thier love for country and relgion keeps em going

He is 70 now. He has one more PMship left in him. After that he should let other folks come forward. Murad saeed has shown immense leadership qualities.
Yeah but he can't unite the country like IK can
Maybe Ali Muhammad Khan but even that's a maybe - let's see what happens next

As long as diaspora keeps funding him - he is all set
Money isn't the issue for him tbh
I guess. Dispora seems to spending my concern is what if they give up
When he gets back to power, he needs to implement a radical overhaul of the bureaucracy, implement checks and balances, court martial the network of thugs sitting at top brass, and finally and most importantly revise and strengthen the rule of law. A lot of politicians need to be jailed and few them hung to send a clear message.

Otherwise, political parties will keep playing musical chairs and Pakistan will continue being stuck in a loop.
He had all the plans and I was frustrated why did he implement that tax reforms, the land reforms and retirement reforms that he talked about every day..

Well now we have the answer the military inc

Any such reforms will kill the military inc. so it can't happen.

First step will be an act of Parliament banning all military owned businesses only then we can proceed

He’s pro PDM rora.

Seems like they have went all on anti-Pashtun tropes .

Let them show their bigotry. It is good to know who your haters are.

When he gets back to power, he needs to implement a radical overhaul of the bureaucracy, implement checks and balances, court martial the network of thugs sitting at top brass, and finally and most importantly revise and strengthen the rule of law. A lot of politicians need to be jailed and few them hung to send a clear message.

Otherwise, political parties will keep playing musical chairs and Pakistan will continue being stuck in a loop.

That will put the Americans in a frenzy. Remember that the Americans always select their "allies" from this pool. We must never forget that the Americans have played a major part in this entire episode. Military exchanges between the US and Pakistan must end. The Pakistani army will have to return to baracks.

I agree with your entire post. Very very strict measures need to be introduced across the entire spectrum.

Last edited:
I guess. Dispora seems to spending my concern is what if they give up

He had all the plans and I was frustrated why did he implement that tax reforms, the land reforms and retirement reforms that he talked about every day..

Well now we have the answer the military inc

Any such reforms will kill the military inc. so it can't happen.

First step will be an act of Parliament banning all military owned businesses only then we can proceed
And he has to rule like a PM. Absolute authority, being just is not a concern for him but he has to put his foot down to get things done.
We also need a strong headed defence minister who won’t be afraid to put his weight around. You give generals an inch they will swallow you whole.

And he has to rule like a PM. Absolute authority, being just is not a concern for him but he has to put his foot down to get things done.
We also need a strong headed defence minister who won’t be afraid to put his weight around. You give generals an inch they will swallow you whole.

Break the American nexus with the generals and you have solved half the problem. Ban military exchanges. These generals learn most of their nasty tricks during military exchanges.

Break the American nexus with the generals and you have solved half the problem. Ban military exchanges. These generals learn most of their nasty tricks during military exchanges.
I beg to differ , implement laws and eliminate all the bad eggs. Corrupt bureaucrats who have a history of corruption should not be employed anymore. Our laws need to be updated and that should be done within the first couple of months. KP is a prime example where PTI had 2 successful tenure and police showed character.

Bring ISI under civilian rule and shut down political wing, appoint retire police or retire military personnel. Sell of military business and if the law doesn’t exist , introduce a law that bans civilian’s engagement with military without ministry of defence approval.

InshAllah when Khan comes to power, he has to bring the hammer down and I think he understands it very well. You have to strike when it’s hot which is the first 6 months.

IK has some other backing seen from the leniency of courts towards him. The public support of religious parties is more than PTI.
The biggest religious party at the moment is TLP and their support comes from their madrasa base.Only small minority of public supports them.
One more thing, religious parties run on secterian base so they will never be able to get as much broad spectrum support as IK gets.Only hardcore Sunnis vote TLP,the biggest religious party at the moment.No Shia,Wahabi or Deobandi will ever vote TLP.
And all other religious parties also draw support from their madrasa bases.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom