What's new

Imran Khan's arrest: Zaman park under attack

No one likes assholes, and people tend to really loathe pretentious, arrogant, violent, fascist assholes like the Faujeets.
Well, when you look in a mirror darkly - you do hate what you see.

All those qualities are just more pronounced in people who went through training syllabi early no different than most other armies.. so what causes all those qualities to sprout? Perhaps upbringing? Perhaps culture? Maybe it is best to accept that this is Pakistan’s army and a reflection of who they are.

It would make sense if some ambassador of one country in Indian subcontinent is transferred to or is a consultant in another country in the same region in the future or past. If India had a hand, Imran would have known that and said it. He instead clearly blames Bajwa for convincing the Americans—Donald Liu did it because Bajwa asked him to, not because Indians asked him to. No point in another "Raa ki Saazish".

IK is probably already aware from his contacts, India orchestrated but did not bring it to the publics attention to protect the armys dignity as more details would have come to light.

We know PMLN and PPP are Indian agents who have compromised the army.

Pakistanis don't like to believe this to be true and try to ignore it because it hurts their pride and ego but as an outsider I can tell you this is as obvious as night and day.

I think last 12 months have proved to be eye openers for all of us. We should thank Allah for that.

Rest, I think IK has already won. He doesn't need assemblies to show that he is in power. His power is the large population that supports him without any greed.

He can now go to jail with his head high, knowing that he is the most loved man alive in the country.

@SQ8

Oscar sb said: The whole assumption that the institution is the problem only ignores what is an overall cultural malaise in the people of Pakistan .

Presumably you are referring to corruption and nepotism. But that is endemic to the whole of Asia barring perhaps Japan, no? What makes Pak special?

Regards

My significant other often likes to remind me that if I EVER betray her trust, she’ll hunt me (and the person I betrayed her with) down and dance on our ashes.

I get it.

Vengeance is a game in which there are never any winners. It feels good only for a while, and then reality sets in forever.

@SQ8

Oscar sb said: The whole assumption that the institution is the problem only ignores what is an overall cultural malaise in the people of Pakistan .

Presumably you are referring to corruption and nepotism. But that is endemic to the whole of Asia barring perhaps Japan, no? What makes Pak special?

Regards
Not just corruption and nepotism but the abuse of power and need to mistreat and suppress those below in status. What makes Pak unique is the cultural aspect was linked to the British Raj in how they used these to rule and that system never changed.

He can now go to jail with his head high, knowing that he is the most loved man alive in the country.

Many would surely love to send him to an early grave, and he can go there "knowing that he is the most loved man" too.

Vengeance is a game in which there are never any winners. It feels good only for a while, and then reality sets in forever.
The reality is that the country will die - slowly or quickly - if the cancer is not removed.

Vengeance AND a tiny sliver of hope that the country will survive - I’ll take that.

There is an odd example of sorts -
You are most angry when betrayed by family but also most sad after retribution against them.

As much as the idea here seems to be to “off” fredo and be done with it - at the end Micheal will be one mourning it the most

You may also be aware that "The constitution " was also responsible for breaking Pakistan in 1971?
It was "Presidential " government system, same as USA.

But in their heads, both Bhutto and Mujeeb thought they won the elections .
Mujeeb got more votes, but Bhutto got more "Electoral colleges" . Same as Hillary clinton got more votes, but Donald trump got more electoral colleges.
Both Mujeeb and Bhutto slapped their own interpretation of "constitution " on each others faces, and we all know the result.
No Mujeeb got more electoral colleges then bhutto. 160 for awami league 81 for PPP. There was no question of who won. Yahya simply refused to hand over the govt initially. And when he finally agreed for talks feeling the heat of public pressure, Mujeeb put the condition to remove Martial Law first and hand over complete power to civilians.
Yahya completely declined and started mass killing in East.
The difference of Mujeeb and Bhutto was that bhutto wanted a united front with Mujeeb against Martial law removal in a 2 halves sort of setup. Mujeeb demanded to be the leader of whole Pakistan being winner of majority seats and refused Bhutto offer for a united front.

The reality is that the country will die - slowly or quickly - if the cancer is not removed.

Vengeance AND a tiny sliver of hope that the country will survive - I’ll take that.

Sure, I can understand that, but it is not up to you, to be honest, and also see this:

There is an odd example of sorts -
You are most angry when betrayed by family but also most sad after retribution against them.

As much as the idea here seems to be to “off” fredo and be done with it - at the end Micheal will be one mourning it the most

The scene where all the ghosts are sitting around Michael's lonely dinner table is pretty powerful.

Edit: In keeping with my previous analogy:

"The psychosocial needs of the terminally ill people are now matter of concern, especially among GBM patients. Psychosocial manifestations such as altered decision-making, anxiety about unfinished business, withdrawal, decreased socialization, fear of loneliness, pain, meaninglessness in one's life, helplessness, and fear of death increase the severity and psychiatric comorbidity such as depression, anxiety, stress, loss of independence, loss of self, and loss of relationships."

I think last 12 months have proved to be eye openers for all of us. We should thank Allah for that.

Rest, I think IK has already won. He doesn't need assemblies to show that he is in power. His power is the large population that supports him without any greed.

It’s not about Imran Khan. It’s about fixing Pakistan and now we know that it can’t happen without revolutionary change.

We need a new constitution and there needs to be a purge of the army, bureaucracy, judiciary and police. Politics needs to be cleaned of criminals. The army needs to be brought under constitutional control.

It’s of no use if Imran Khan is loved by everyone but the status quo continues.

Back
Top Bottom