What's new

Imran Khan sets 30 days deadline over US drone strikes

I think Zindabad is the correct form. The second one(Zindah Abad) refers to the existence of a place. Sorry for going off topic.

Well, you may be right Ahmad. Since Urdu has adopted many words from Persian langauge, but what I meant here is the exact meaning of the word Zindabad/Zindah'Abad. The later one makes more sense I suppose as it's a combination of two words - Zindah (live) Abad (long or something like that) while Zindabad becomes a single word which doesn't make any sense.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

I think Zindabad is the correct form. The second one(Zindah Abad) refers to the existence of a place. Sorry for going off topic.

Well, you may be right Ahmad. Since Urdu has adopted many words from Persian langauge, but what I meant here is the exact meaning of the word Zindabad/Zindah'Abad. The later one makes more sense I suppose as it's a combination of two words - Zindah (live) Abad (long or something like that) while Zindabad becomes a single word which doesn't make any sense.

+1
But we need to remember two things: 1) Urdu nor Farsi are the first language of most/many people in Pekhawar, 2) our educational standards are at a historical low and spelling mistakes are creeping into official notifications as well.

Dharnah pakistan is replacing darnah Libya - this needs to be the message that is sent out.

Will this dharna continue indefinitely until imran khan/pakistan get assurance from U.S that there wont be drone strikes any more?

Will this dharna continue indefinitely until imran khan/pakistan get assurance from U.S that there wont be drone strikes any more?

I would be surprised if the US relented.

There can be some cosmetic actions to tide over the issue.

And then back to Square One.

One just cannot predict what the Americans will do.

They always do what they want and get away with it!

And that is the sad part of life.

I would be surprised if the US relented.

There can be some cosmetic actions to tide over the issue.

And then back to Square One.

One just cannot predict what the Americans will do.

They always do what they want and get away with it!

And that is the sad part of life.

U.S can buy govt/military.What can they do If thousands of pakistani citizens block nato supply trucks for an indefenite period?Wont they be forced to stop drone strikes?

And yes, it will not take much time for US to buy out ONE MORE leader in Pakistan.

First Its very difficult to buy Imran Khan when he knows that public is with him and he could well be the next prime minister without Military/American support.

Second, Even if he sells himself which is next to impossible, somebody else will take the lead.

First Its very difficult to buy Imran Khan when he knows that public is with him and he could well be the next prime minister without Military/American support.

Second, Even if he sells himself which is next to impossible, somebody else will take the lead.

one I dont like to discuss my country matters with indians, reason being indians, and lacking knowledge of the issue faced. but to supplement IK's character as an honest man I would like to quote Churchill, who said
"The world is not rich enough to buy an honest man"

honesty maybe something not known to many who dont believe in this quality.

When are elections due in Pakistan???? Keep in mind public memory is short....also electoral process in Pakistan has not matured yet otherwise likes of Zardari or Nawaz Sharif would not have seen light of the day...

That would be awesome...However what are other options???

one I dont like to discuss my country matters with indians, reason being indians, and lacking knowledge of the issue faced. but to supplement IK's character as an honest man I would like to quote Churchill, who said
"The world is not rich enough to buy an honest man"

honest maybe something not known to many who dont believe in this quality.

but isn't your point contrary to the the exact beauty of such forums ??? This is how people learn about others whom they would not have otherwise....Forums are not just to bash each other, right???

These glimpses of freedom in an otherwise enslaved country are a treat to watch. The overwhelming call from seekers of freedom and democracy is, "America, Go home!"

An honest man cannot be bought.

But in a dishonest world, he just a cork floating in the ocean.

Asim,

The sad part is none can make America go home.

Be it Pakistan or India!!

That is the irony of realpolitik!

but isn't your point contrary to the the exact beauty of such forums ??? This is how people learn about others whom they would not have otherwise....Forums are not just to bash each other, right???

No, the beauty of this forum is to discuss point of views... why I dont like to discuss matters of my Nation with indians, 98% have bad intentions, 2 % pretend not to have !

so I am way over these childish blackmailing charming words of yours. try someone else with it.

An honest man cannot be bought.

But in a dishonest world, he just a cork floating in the ocean.

Asim,

The sad part is none can make America go home.

Be it Pakistan or India!!

That is the irony of realpolitik!

Brig sahib that would be a statement of hopeless people, I dont expect from an Army man to think like that.

in the world of Idols, it usually takes one man to bring change !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom